The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art & Design
Gallery Ice's Fakemon Iglo

Art & Design For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Old November 23rd, 2015 (5:44 AM).
watch me burn

Nature: Naughty
The bidoof one looks so cute Ice just <3 It's so Christmas-y and perfect!
Although yeah Charmander could use some... color changes? It's a bit too dark :D

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 27th, 2015 (5:02 AM).

I made a door to practice shading and texture a bit, but I don't feel like I've completely nailed it yet. All tips, tricks and cheat codes are welcome.

I also have some region stuff to drop. Here's my fairy type starter and it's three evolutions.

Old December 27th, 2015 (5:52 AM).
Oro.........?

Nature: Quirky
By the way the door has good design. The design for the fairy type starters are really cool! Keep it up!
Old December 27th, 2015 (3:51 PM).
Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?

Nature: Serious
Hey! The sprite of those fakemon look pretty cool! I like it! Keep up the good work.
Old December 28th, 2015 (1:12 PM).

Practicing some gen 2 stuff. It's a female bug catcher.
Old December 28th, 2015 (1:28 PM).
☆ ★ starfleet
Chief Engineer ○●●

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post

Practicing some gen 2 stuff. It's a female bug catcher.
I'd want to meet her in Viridian forest any dark night.

Perhaps consider leaning her box a bit so that it's not completely horizontal? Perspectives. And her smile is perhaps a bit too wide for someone who's team consists of only Metapods. But it does give her a friendly look, so that's probably not a problem, haha.

forever paired to seeker ☆ ★ super moderator
Old December 30th, 2015 (5:13 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post

Perhaps consider leaning her box a bit so that it's not completely horizontal? Perspectives. And her smile is perhaps a bit too wide for someone who's team consists of only Metapods. But it does give her a friendly look, so that's probably not a problem, haha.
You little rascal!

I might lean the box a bit. I think the perspective now works, but leaning it a bit does make it a bit more dynamic. Her smile is that big because she's a bug catcher. She adoooores Metapod. And, like, who wouldn't?
Old June 17th, 2016 (9:56 AM).

It has been a while! New stuff, tho. Made a lot more than this, but a lot I don't wanna show off because I'm a tease, or because it's for fan game projects that don't wanna reveal stuff yet. I do have a couple of sprites, though.

I haven't updated in a while, so let me see what I can put here.

First off, reworks: Canight and Canidark!

Than, four new designs, namely Bearly, the grass bear, it's evolution, Barbearry, the bush bear, Quidling, Fairy of the Ocean and Frostling, Fairy of the Glacier. Also included Whimling, Fairy of the elements, for symmetry.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:20 AM).

I did a portrait of Magnus of the adventure zone podcast.
Old 1 Week Ago (3:09 AM).

Love your fakemon
Old 1 Week Ago (1:22 PM).
Merry of all traits ;P

Nature: Timid
Sorry, but I have to respond to this topic...
You put so much effort into making these, and I love it! =D Wow! You made so many sprites including back sprites and shinies, as well as pre-evolutions and general evolutions to existing Pokémon! That shows just how much dedication you have! =D Great job!

AHEM! Sorry about that... couldn't help myself after seeing just how much you posted in here. *sweat* Where do you find the motivation to make all these? O_O Are you planning on making your own ROM hack? Or simply find enjoyment in making these? I also like how yours have shading and look so creative. =)
Old 1 Week Ago (6:37 PM).
Rom Hacker

I really like your sprites, especially canight and canidark. I don't see any info about whether or not we can use these in ROM hacks. Can I use these (with credit of course)? I'm even working on an overworld sprite with the player riding canidark

More info to come!
Old 6 Days Ago (7:51 AM).
puking rainbows

Quote:
Oh, she's killlller. Love it. Speaking of the smile, though, her mouth does seem a pixel or two too small to me? I personally don't take much issue with the box being horizontal, but tipping it might give the sprite a more naturalistic feel; if you want to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure View Post

too bad viridian forest was chopped down in gen ii

Quote:
I find the linework and coloring a bit choppy in this, though the shading of his eyes/forehead is great and lends a lot of depth!
Pair
-
Underground
-
Roleplay Theatre
-
Credits
Old 6 Days Ago (3:21 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wergan View Post
Love your fakemon
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.E.R.255 View Post
Sorry, but I have to respond to this topic...
You put so much effort into making these, and I love it! =D Wow! You made so many sprites including back sprites and shinies, as well as pre-evolutions and general evolutions to existing Pokémon! That shows just how much dedication you have! =D Great job! ^^

AHEM! Sorry about that... couldn't help myself after seeing just how much you posted in here. *sweat* Where do you find the motivation to make all these? O_O Are you planning on making your own ROM hack? Or simply find enjoyment in making these? ^^ I also like how yours have shading and look so creative. =)
The dedication is kind of choppy, haha. I haven't done a Pokémon sprite in almost a year. I have an awful work ethic.

I originally planned to make an RPG Maker game with all of the Pokémon related sprites I've posted over the years. Everything from the tiles to the Overworlds were intended for that project. I've got a whole story script laying around somewhere, that I have no doubt is awful. I had a 2-hour demo but it wasn't much. After that the project just kind of became to fill a dex with Fakemon. I do have some sprites in some pretty big fangames out there, though, but I'm not sure if those are announced yet or anything. I've kinda gotten out of touch. For all I know they've been taken out of the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon MB and GG Versions View Post
I really like your sprites, especially canight and canidark. I don't see any info about whether or not we can use these in ROM hacks. Can I use these (with credit of course)? I'm even working on an overworld sprite with the player riding canidark :P
They're not for use, guess I should mention that in my OP. If you're still working on that Canidark OW though, I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's Kiyo? View Post

Oh, she's killlller. Love it. Speaking of the smile, though, her mouth does seem a pixel or two too small to me? I personally don't take much issue with the box being horizontal, but tipping it might give the sprite a more naturalistic feel; if you want to try it out.

It's somewhat small indeed, but the gen 2 style doesn't lend much room for big mouths. Although I might've just stolen it from another sprite, I don't remember. Good to hear you like it, I'm definitely fond of it myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's Kiyo?
I find the linework and coloring a bit choppy in this, though the shading of his eyes/forehead is great and lends a lot of depth!
I had so much trouble with the lines and colouring. I've never done any portrait from scratch and damn, it's hard. It doesn't help that I'm not able to draw in any way so I'm basically forcing myself to skip a sketching phase and move straight on to the sprite itself. It's especially clear in the shoulderpad that I kind of struggle with perspective still.
Old 5 Days Ago (8:37 AM).
puking rainbows

Quote:
It doesn't help that I'm not able to draw in any way so I'm basically forcing myself to skip a sketching phase and move straight on to the sprite itself.
I definitely hear you on that. The only good mugshots I've personally made were amalgamations at that. Knowing that this is from scratch makes it pretty impressive!

Oh, and since I didn't mention it earlier, your grass/posion dweeble line is choice, the details on the hedge are *smacks lips* muy guapo and blend perfectly with the B/W style.
Pair
-
Underground
-
Roleplay Theatre
-
Credits
Old 5 Days Ago (5:09 PM).
Rom Hacker

More info to come!
Old 22 Hours Ago (7:50 AM).

Such cute pokemon. Keep drawing, guys. :-)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links