Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Old April 21st, 2017 (2:52 AM).

So I've been working on Anubeon, a ghost type eeveelution for about an hour or two now. First off, thoughts? Second off, thoughts about how to make it's hind legs look more natural?

I tried to go for a jackal-like head, the stereotypical egyptian headdress, and a was-staff for the tail.
    Probably going to go for a muted gold and purple colour scheme. With bright red eyes of course.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 22nd, 2017 (12:09 PM).
    'It's thanks to you failing all those exams that we became classmates, you and me.'
    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
    I think you need to make what I assume is your golden headress a little more apparent. Is that just an outline of the shape or is it a thin wire itself?

For the hind legs issue, you need to look at it's position and how it relates to the ground itself. If it's sitting evenly on the ground, the hind legs and front legs should both be level. The back should either curve downwards to show that the hind legs are down in a sitting position like you have them drawn, or the hind legs should be extending, standing up like the front.

While the perspective might not have the legs perfectly even, do you see the difference in hind legs when standing and sitting in these pictures, and how the shape of yours looks like it's in the sitting position?

Sister to: Rika & Ana
    My children: Kyle & Zappy
    Moderator of Art & Design
    The New Crew

Film: Doukyuusei (Classmates)
    Old April 23rd, 2017 (7:13 AM).
    puking rainbows
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
    As for the concept, I like the Egyptian flair you're trying to give it! I think sticking with the gold color for the headdress and tail - possibly adding a few jewels to the design - would make those features stand out.

I do agree with Nina, I think you can do much more with the concept of the headdress. Those ancient Egyptian royals weren't minimalist when it came to style, and there's much more potential in this design to utilize their trademark features.
    Pair
    -
    Underground
    -
    Roleplay Theatre
    -
    Credits
    Old April 24th, 2017 (9:52 AM).

Currently the headdress is just an outline (that's been redrawn about five times since >:/ ).

For the posture I'm trying to go for that sorta sphinx/playful dog pose, but it's giving me hell.
      Old May 9th, 2017 (6:52 AM). Edited May 9th, 2017 by Black Temple Gaurdian.

Beholdeth, progress!

The right ear's bugging me though. Wherever I put it, it seems off. Maybe I should remove the headress on that part.

EDIT: No it's just too far back. Moved it forward and it looks alright. The crest's still off though :/

Sponsored Links