Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Old September 7th, 2014 (5:42 AM). Edited September 11th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

Two new sprites.

Robynode

and it's evolution, Hoodlum

New sprite, Gloomouton. It's a cloud sheep. Full watertype.

Fakemon Dex
Caution, big image
Spoiler:

paired to Foxrally. I also tweet jokes, sprites, and opinions about Pokemon fangames here.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 7th, 2014 (11:40 AM).

リオレイア

• Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly

Wow. I think you already know where I stand when it comes to your pixels but seeing them all together in a complete dex display is something else. I wrote and rewrote this post trying to come up with the right words to describe it, and the term I kept coming back to is "authentic". It's believable, unpretentious, fun, and doesn't take itself too seriously without skimping on the quality.

Many, many dex galleries have flown through here over the course of my modding. And they never fail to come stocked head to tail with black, diamond dragons that breathe black holes, blood-red spirit totems with leathery bat wings that command armies of the undead, and great water serpents whose legends have frightened the most hardened of navy men from the shores; you know what I mean? And all the while I can't help but to think, yeah that's cool.. but I'm afraid you're missing the spirit of Pokemon.

This dex, on the other hand, is just brimming with that same charm and iconic flare that the original 151 had. Which, from experience, is much harder than the aforementioned examples. Good on ya dude, this gallery rocks. o/

"Cherry Blossom Fire Wyvern"
Threat Level (危険度):
Hunter: Doux | MHGen HR 7★ Hub
0018-4771-7651

Old September 8th, 2014 (7:43 AM). Edited September 8th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

Thanks! That's a really big compliment! I try to make the pokemon fun, as I have a really hard time making badass ones, haha.

New sprite, it's Gloomouton evolution, A Ram made up out of cloud. You evolve Gloomouton by training it at a cold location.

EDIT: New sprite, Iktomaith.

It's a second stage evolution. It's a bug that died in it's cocoon, and it's ghost is leaking out or something.

paired to Foxrally. I also tweet jokes, sprites, and opinions about Pokemon fangames here.

Old September 9th, 2014 (8:14 AM).

• Crystal Tier

2 New sprites,

the base stage and first stage of Iktomaith

First, Pulpave

Second, Terrrolis

Old September 11th, 2014 (7:51 AM). Edited September 14th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

The dex contains 33 Fakemon now, that's with the addition of these 4 new sprites

First, Hedgectic, an electric hedgehog. The idea is based on Sonic. I don't know if it's visible though, haha.

Second, it's evolution. Swiftog. He's a really fast pokemon, as fast as lightning one might say, hahaha.

Third, Puffuin, it's a puffin penguin.

As fourth and last, Pufftsui, a Karate puffing penguin.

The complete dex

Spoiler:

Old September 13th, 2014 (3:43 AM). Edited September 13th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

A new evolutionary line. It's a dragon type, based on growing up.

Here are Drackid, Drabellious and Eldrake

Yes, it's wearing diapers.

A stripe is teeny, right? I'm wearing stripes right now...

A bowtie to show it's an adult. Wanted to do a regular tie, but this looked more natural.

EDIT:
The grass starter line:
Base

First

Second

Old September 14th, 2014 (4:13 AM). Edited September 14th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

I revamped Pluck, and tweaked Cluckoo (for which I'm still searching better names.)
Here's the result

Here's a side by side comparison:

Which one has your preference?

The Tweaked Cluckoo Not much has changed, I mainly changed the feet.

Edit 1:
A custom Tree tile

A thinner variation.

Edit 2:
A test map I made with all custom tiles. I think I need to change the grass, opinions?

Edit 3:
Two new sprites. Not my best work, that's for sure, but they're two fun little sprites

I updated to dex in the first post to have Hermini and Cradapt in it too, because I forgot those...

Edit 4:
Another couple of new sprites

They bring the dex total to 45

Old September 18th, 2014 (2:46 AM).

Man.... You are so creative bro, be my SENSEI!!
    I m goona eat ur brain~

Wat That, I cant hear you . The World Is Too Loud

Old September 18th, 2014 (10:29 AM).

• Crystal Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeltaVerxus View Post
    Man.... You are so creative bro, be my SENSEI!!

Thank you! That's a real compliment! If you want my help, I'm happy to give it, but I don't know if I'm more usefull than the usual tutorial, haha.

Quote:
    I m goona eat ur brain~
    No, thank you...

2 new sprites. There based on the carebears.
    Here are Teddle and Balove.

Old September 21st, 2014 (11:08 AM).

• Crystal Tier

Update. Four new sprites.

let's start off with this snowman/eskimo line. I won't added to the dex yet, as I'm not happy with how they look, but I do like the concept. Let me know if you like the idea

And we finish with a line based on dodo's and halberds. There will be a third in this line, I'm just having a little trouble designing it.

Old September 22nd, 2014 (11:56 AM).

Nature: Modest

Awsome Sprites!
      Ghoulder is my personal favourite for some reason
      Keep up the good work !

http://metoro.deviantart.com/gallery/51112915/Shiny-Mega-Pokemon-Project
      My Mega SHiny Pokemon EX project Check it out!

Old September 25th, 2014 (11:10 AM).

• Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Metoro View Post
      Awsome Sprites!
      Ghoulder is my personal favourite for some reason
      Keep up the good work !

Thanks! Ghoulder is one of the best liked in the dex along my friends, and one of my personal favorites. Probably because it's one of the best sprites in it.

New sprite. Maybe it has something to do with the fire starter, depends on how I make the rest of it's chain look. Maybe it will just be a wild encounter.

Here's Impyre

Old October 4th, 2014 (1:03 AM). Edited October 4th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

two new sprites. One for my own project and one was a request by yoshi$wags

Personal sprite

Yoshi's request, based on a drawing of his.

EDIT: 2 new sprites, they're based on the Kamaitachi, Weasels that cut of peoples feet with their sickles.

I updated the dex in the first post to be complete.

Old October 6th, 2014 (8:11 AM). Edited October 6th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

Two new sprites. I know Rhyhorn is a better rock rhino design, but I quite like it.

and it's evolution

I will have to something about it's front feet because their terrible, but I do like the rest.

Edit: New sprite, it's an evolution of Corsola
      Here's corsola, just for reference

And here is the evolution

And a pre-evo:

A pre-evo for Lickitung

Old October 7th, 2014 (12:02 PM).

• Crystal Tier

two new sprites

Coilien, an electric psychic type based on the reddit alien and tesla coils. I'll try to make an evolution for it in the near future, but any ideas are welcome.

This one was a request by Yoshi, I tried my very best, but it's really hard to put detailed drawings into sprites. I just can't do the drawing justice, it's really really hard, I find.

Also, which existing pokemon needs a pre evo or evo? I want to make some more that add one on existing ones.

And as last, I want to say I'm very honored to be the featured artist of this period of unkown time, haha.

Old October 10th, 2014 (10:05 AM). Edited October 10th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

New sprite, a pre-evolution of Solrock and Lunatone

EDIT:
      Usually I dislike fish pokemon, so I wasn't planning on making one, but I came up with this design based on the sign for nuclear radiation. I quite like it. Opinions?

EDIT 2:
      It's evolution, Fishion, based on the Lionfish, a very poisonous fish.

EDIT 3:
      Three new sprites. I have a lot of time tonight because I'm having to stay up 'till 3 o'clock.

I went with a minimalistic shading style for these.

I haven't included this one in the dex, because I don't like it enough to be a singular pokemon and I can't design an evolution.

Old October 15th, 2014 (3:54 AM).

• Crystal Tier

I haven't stopped spriting. I'm on holiday, but I have exams next week, so I stay in the house, while my family does fun stuff. :/ This does leave me with a lot of free time, because I'm not studying 8 hours a day.

So I made a lot of new sprites. A fire starter line, A pseudo-psychic line, a redesign, an evolution of an existing pokemon, and an evolution of an older one of mine. And a teapot.

I'll include them in this spoiler. Because I'm not on my own pc, I don't have the font I use in the dex, so the names are above the sprites, instead of in the picture.
      Fire starters line:

Spoiler:
      Chiroast

evolves at 16 in:
      Diabat

Evolves at 36 in:
      Vampyro

Pseudo-Psychic Line:

Spoiler:

Psyrone

evolves in 28 into:
      Psyder

evolves in 46 into:

Redesign:

Spoiler:

Mattle
      Old <-> New

Evolution of Fakemon:

Spoiler:

Pufftsumo:

an evolution of:

Evolution of existing pokemon:

Spoiler:
      Purlynx, evolves from Persian with gem

And a teapot fakemon:

Spoiler:
      Boilifant

Here's the dex with everything added:

Spoiler:

It's almost full! I'm quite excited. I just need to make a water starter, five regular fakes, and 9 legendaries.

If you have any ideas for sprites, go ahead and state them, if you have a better name for one, give it! If you thought of a dex description, a move pool or stats, just post them. Or if you just want to say something, like criticism or appreciation, go ahead, comments are really appreciated.

Old October 15th, 2014 (8:58 PM).
      I eat shades of #radred.
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed

Just went through this entire thread; I'm in awe. It made me want to start spriting so, so badly! Keep up the good work man, this is absolutely amazing and if you make Pokemon Eclipse into a ROM or something, I'll definitely be playing. The Corsola pre-evo and evolution and Balicky are so great! Persian's evolution is fantastic, too.

Hell, I'd even pay for this game.

I went away but now I'm back again!

Old October 16th, 2014 (1:27 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by VeranithasVI View Post
      Just went through this entire thread; I'm in awe. It made me want to start spriting so, so badly! Keep up the good work man, this is absolutely amazing and if you make Pokemon Eclipse into a ROM or something, I'll definitely be playing. The Corsola pre-evo and evolution and Balicky are so great! Persian's evolution is fantastic, too.

Thanks! That's a great thing to hear It's going to be a RPGmaker game, so playable on atleast pc and maybe your phone, depends on how the app gets along.

Quote:
      Hell, I'd even pay for this game.

Hmm, I'll take note of that.

In further news, I'm designing a water starter, and it's going okayish.
      First two stages are down, and included in the spoiler tag below. I'm working on the final stage, but I have two designs, which I both equally like and dislike, so I'm working both of them out, and I'll see which one I'll like the most.

Spoiler:

They don't have names yet, so come on in with your suggestion!

Old October 25th, 2014 (2:51 PM). Edited October 26th, 2014 by Ice.

• Crystal Tier

New update, I haven't had time to sprite as much, as I had exams last week, and I do wanna go to uni next year, so, well, priorities.

Here's some work I did for LightningAlex, a protagonist for his game Pokémon Metal

A lot of overworld stuff.

Spoiler:

Edit: Another trainer sprite, This one is fully scratched, with exception of the hands. I'm quite proud of how it turned out, as it's the first trainer sprite I made from scratch.

Old October 27th, 2014 (4:21 AM).
      I eat shades of #radred.
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed

And there's updates!

Love your fully-scratched (minus the hands) mob looking character; he'd make a great evil boss of some description. Leader of your in-game Team Rocket, mayhaps? The shading on the suit is incredible, too. The female trainer sprite is rather nice, too. The simple looking clothing seems to compliment the intense hairdo, which you've also pulled off amazingly. And all dat overworld spriting, good lord. RELEASE A GAAAAME.

I went away but now I'm back again!

Old October 27th, 2014 (12:15 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Quote:
      And there's updates!

Love your fully-scratched (minus the hands) mob looking character; he'd make a great evil boss of some description. Leader of your in-game Team Rocket, mayhaps? The shading on the suit is incredible, too. The female trainer sprite is rather nice, too. The simple looking clothing seems to compliment the intense hairdo, which you've also pulled off amazingly. And all dat overworld spriting, good lord. RELEASE A GAAAAME.

Well, when I started spriting I just wanted him to be a new trainer class. but he turned out way smugger and kinda evilish than I originally planned. The suit was really hard to do and no fun at all, haha, really, **** stripes. I'm happy with how it turned out, though. If you want to play it, I have a small demo, with an even smalller variety of my fakemon that is available for play here. I haven't worked on it in a while, except for spriting, so the demo is the game in it's state now.

About the other trainer, that's a guy, haha, he's a metalhead, as he's for the game pokemon Metal. He does look a bit androgynous.

I also changed the mouth on the Business guy:

He gets holes in his head with a black background, so that makes him look really weird.

Old October 27th, 2014 (2:20 PM).

Nature: Adamant

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MorallyIncorrect View Post
        Thanks! That's a great thing to hear It's going to be a RPGmaker game, so playable on atleast pc and maybe your phone, depends on how the app gets along.

Hmm, I'll take note of that.

In further news, I'm designing a water starter, and it's going okayish.
        First two stages are down, and included in the spoiler tag below. I'm working on the final stage, but I have two designs, which I both equally like and dislike, so I'm working both of them out, and I'll see which one I'll like the most.

Spoiler:

They don't have names yet, so come on in with your suggestion!

I love those!

Quick Name List:
        Muskret (Muskrat + Musket)
        Bazookrat (Bazooka + Muskrat)
        Leveaver (Levee + Beaver)
        Castorm (Castor + Storm)
        Launchuck (Launch + Woodchuck)
        Marmory (Marmot + Armory)
        Torrentail (Torrential + tail)
        Beavortex (Beaver + Vortex)

Let me know if any of them were helpful...or not :p

#Team Popplio & Brionne

Old October 28th, 2014 (12:06 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Quote:
        Originally Posted by The Dark Avenger View Post
        I love those!

Quick Name List:
        Muskret (Muskrat + Musket)
        Bazookrat (Bazooka + Muskrat)
        Leveaver (Levee + Beaver)
        Castorm (Castor + Storm)
        Launchuck (Launch + Woodchuck)
        Marmory (Marmot + Armory)
        Torrentail (Torrential + tail)
        Beavortex (Beaver + Vortex)

Let me know if any of them were helpful...or not :p

I'm using those! Those are amazing. Muskret is the basic, Torrentail is the evolution, and I think Beavortex will be the final evolution.

Here are those again, but in the dex squares:

One new sprite, I'm designing an evolution for him, have a line art saved I'm working on saved on my pc now.

I only need 5 more sprites before I have all normal pokémon designed, and then I need to do all the backsprites
        The last row will be designated for legendaries, as the whole mythology of pokémon in Sinnoh intrigued me.
        I'm working on a legendary based on King Midas, one on a Djinn, a sun bird, a moon turtle, and figuring out some other ideas.

Here is the dex till now:

Spoiler:

Old October 31st, 2014 (1:47 PM).

• Crystal Tier

Just a quick update to show what I'm working on. It's a legendary based on king midas, although I'm not sure it's got that pokémon feel too it, but on the other hand, I think it's kinda allowed with legendaries. I'll try to work it out, as I'm working on this concept for a week now, and it's not going that well. I don't know if I'll have time to work on anything pixel related this weekend, so I wanted to make this post to atleast show I'm not slacking in activity.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links