The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art & Design
Gallery Ice's Fakemon Iglo

Art & Design For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Old November 29th, 2014 (9:15 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

Sun legendary, this one too, I'll redo in time. More of a place holder at the moment.

And for fun, a lot of old sprites I retrieved
Spoiler:

Some of them are fusions, I've made them between 2011 and 2013. There would be many, many more, but I lost a lot of them between changing pc's, and photobucket deleted them. I don't even know how I managed to find these.

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 7th, 2014 (1:23 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

Well I now dislike the last two sprites, a lot, so they won't be included. I do have a new legendary, on which I am quite proud.

Here's Algaeant

sorry for the lack of sprites, still sick.
Old December 8th, 2014 (6:40 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

I redid the sun legendary, this is the new design.

This dex is now almost completed, I only need 4 more legendaries, and I have 2 planned out already. The one based on king midas, for which I posted lineart a while back, although that won't be used, and one based on the stars and butterflies. Then, I just need two more, so if anyone has a suggestion, go ahead! Every comment is appreciated. Also, if anyone has ideas for dex entries or movesets, feel free to post them
Old December 17th, 2014 (8:14 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

A couple of quick mashups as I'm bored and not in a scratching mood.
Old December 19th, 2014 (3:46 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

A quick mashup between three pokemon.

Who will figure out which I used?
Old December 22nd, 2014 (1:50 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

A custom ranger overworld I made.
Old December 22nd, 2014 (2:02 AM).

Nature: Quiet
    Wow, your sprites are really nice! Will you be making a hack with these in it or is this just a fun little hobby?

"Memories warm you up from
    the inside."
    Old December 22nd, 2014 (2:10 AM). Edited December 22nd, 2014 by Ice.
    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fun Size View Post
    Wow, your sprites are really nice! Will you be making a hack with these in it or is this just a fun little hobby?
    I'm making a fangame in RPG maker, although proces is going really slow because I have exams this year and my health is getting bad, but whenever I have time, I do some spriting, or I map a bit, put in some scripts. I have a 2 hour demo, although it's quite old, if you're interested?

EDIT: Another overworld, it's a butler with a really hipster haircut.
    Old December 22nd, 2014 (5:14 AM).

hipsters look different here. he looks like a teenager/emo looking good though

Old December 22nd, 2014 (6:04 AM).
      • Crystal Tier

Yeah, you got me. He has got definitely an emo look to him. Or something you'd see in an anime.

New sprite, only three left.

This one is based on stars. Maybe I'm doing one based on meteors, but for now, I've got the celestial bodies covered.
      Old December 22nd, 2014 (12:21 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MorallyIncorrect View Post
        I'm making a fangame in RPG maker, although proces is going really slow because I have exams this year and my health is getting bad, but whenever I have time, I do some spriting, or I map a bit, put in some scripts. I have a 2 hour demo, although it's quite old, if you're interested?

EDIT: Another overworld, it's a butler with a really hipster haircut.
        Dang, sorry bout your health man. I hope you get better. And I'm very interested in your demo is there a link to play it?

"Memories warm you up from
        the inside."
        Old December 23rd, 2014 (6:59 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2014 by Ice.
        • Crystal Tier

Thanks! I send you the link on your profile.

I did some backsprites and shinies.

Robynode
        Spoiler:

Hoodlum
        Spoiler:

Eskisnow
        Spoiler:

Frosterror
        Spoiler:

Teddle
        Spoiler:

Balove
        Spoiler:

Also, new sprite:

I also made a little thing showing the progress of creating it, maybe someone wanted to see it, haha.
        Old December 24th, 2014 (6:39 AM).
        • Crystal Tier

I've got two new sprites, the legendary based on King Midas, and a legendary based on a meteor, that serves as the tiny, cute legendary of the region.

Here's Midaus, it's name is a combination of Midaus, and AU, which stands for gold.

And Cosmini, which is based on a meteor. It name comes from Cosmic, and, of course, mini. Because it's small.

That also means, I COMPLETED THE DEX(Is there a emblem for that?), which isn't that big, but still, I am quite proud of myself. Some of them will definitely get redesigns and such, and I'll still have to do shinies, and backsprites. I'll have to do overworlds and trainer sprites, maybe I'll do a couple new fakes for fun. I don't plan on letting this thread die.

For anyone that is curious, here is the complete dex, with every square filled:
        Spoiler:
        Old January 9th, 2015 (10:05 AM).
        • Crystal Tier

This is Perrudo (Mashed the spanish for dog and hairy together.) He's a pure normal type. He's very loyal to it's trainer, but he loses loads of hair so the clean up is terrible. It's said that the hair it loses in a day is enough to fill up a pillow a day.

A new sprite. It's in another dex to signify that it isn't part of the old one. I also plan on shrinking the old one down to 80x80 instead of 160x160, because the only reason they're 160x160 is because of my laziness. They look better in 80x80 so I think it's for the better. It'll take a while to do though.
        Old January 9th, 2015 (11:21 AM).
        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
          I looked through your fakedex, and I'm amazed by how much effort you really put into them!

My favorites have to be the ones that add exaggeration to what they were based on, such as your recent one being an exaggeration of a dog shedding. They add a lot of interesting points to look for, which follows up with the creativity.

One thing that seems like you can work on are the perspectives of your front sprites. For example, the "Midaus" one that you posted a while back. The arms and the legs that are closest to the viewer should actually extend downwards more, otherwise they look "squished".

Other than that minor detail, a lot of them have great authenticity of being a fakemon! I'd love to see you continue making more of them
          Old January 13th, 2015 (9:07 AM).
          Slayin' Ghouls since '98.

Nature: Gentle
            I really love your sprites. They a very high quality and they're very nice to look at.

Keep up the good work. Oh and btw, my favourite is this one:

c:
            Old January 23rd, 2015 (1:25 AM).

I must compliment you on the dex. There sure are some great ideas between them including the dark dogs, the witch kats, the hooded robins, the elemental crabs and the sand squids

Maybe try to make background stories (that can be just 2 sentences) for each of them, it will give a design more adapt and sometimes explains a lot.

Currently playing Pokemon Red

(5/8)
              Old February 1st, 2015 (6:20 AM).
              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
              Originally Posted by hananas59 View Post
              I must compliment you on the dex. There sure are some great ideas between them including the dark dogs, the witch kats, the hooded robins, the elemental crabs and the sand squids

Maybe try to make background stories (that can be just 2 sentences) for each of them, it will give a design more adapt and sometimes explains a lot.
              Thanks. Most have a small dex entry, although I haven't posted most of them here, there just in the game files. Speaking about Elemental crabs...

I have a new one, the Cradapt Power Plant form. You get it by leveling up Hermini in a Power Plant. It's rare because there barely are Power Plants in the game. He doesn't look amazing, but he's fun enough I think.

If you need a reminder as to what Hermini and Cradapt actually were, then that is available in the spoiler below

Spoiler:
              Meet Hermini and Cradapt.

Hermini is a pure water type Crablike pokemon, that evolves depending on the location, just like wormadam.

The First form of it's evolution, Cradapt, is Urban:

This one you'll get if you evolve it in a urban location.
              The Second form is Forest:

This one you'll get if you evolve it in a foresty location
              The Third form is Beach:

This one you'll get if you evolve it in a sandy location.
              The Fourth form is Cave:

This one you'll get if you evolve it in a rocky location
              The Fifth form is Tundra:

This one you'll get if you evolve it in a icy location.
              Old February 3rd, 2015 (8:52 AM).
              • Crystal Tier

Did a backsprite and a shiny for Correef .

Old February 3rd, 2015 (9:40 PM).
              Birding Extraordinaire

Nature: Modest
                Hermini and Cradapt are my favorite of your designs. Its quite ingenious the way you utilize the different items for the shell, and rather humorous to say the least. Nevertheless, these two have really good posture, anatomy and shading.

I hope you don't mind me being critical, but there are a couple little things that I would like to point out that you may choose to improve upon. The shading on the garbage can could be slightly reworked so that the highlighting is more vertically elliptical, defining the roundness of the can.

The little black six pixel construct in the middle of the knot on the forest form seems either unnecessary or miscolored.

The tops of the ice crystals on the tundra form seem too sharply contrasted and perhaps even incorrectly shaded with the black outlining.

Now all of that being said, I still am digging this poke-concept and your great spriting work. Beach, cave and power plant forms all look great, and honestly, I see no reason why this line could not be in game!

Great work, and keep spriting!

Old February 3rd, 2015 (10:36 PM).
                I am legend

I've noticed that you've used similar eyes for many of your sprites. Perhaps experimenting with different eye types could improve the general design? And also maybe bring them in a little closer to make the heads seem less blocky.

Aside from that, I love the concepts and the skill you've put in to make these sprites. I don't know whether you've gone back and improved your older sprites over time, but all of them are brilliant nonetheless.
                  Old February 8th, 2015 (8:34 AM).
                  Wynaut
                  • Gold Tier

I can see pieces of other Pokemon in your sprites, and the HGSS thing in the titlescreen. How are your Fakemon so good? This is the only one I've made that I actually think looks good: So how do you do it?
                  Old February 9th, 2015 (2:09 AM). Edited February 9th, 2015 by Ice.
                  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Elaitenstile View Post
                  I've noticed that you've used similar eyes for many of your sprites. Perhaps experimenting with different eye types could improve the general design? And also maybe bring them in a little closer to make the heads seem less blocky.

Aside from that, I love the concepts and the skill you've put in to make these sprites. I don't know whether you've gone back and improved your older sprites over time, but all of them are brilliant nonetheless.
                  Yeah, I'm trying to mix up the eyes a bit with my newer ones, haha. And yes, I'm improving the old ones too, as is the reason for this post.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by WobbuffetWynaut View Post
                  I can see pieces of other Pokemon in your sprites, and the HGSS thing in the titlescreen. How are your Fakemon so good? This is the only one I've made that I actually think looks good: So how do you do it?
                  Practice, and reference. I don't use other pokemons pieces literally, but I seek out body parts that are done similar to do the shading.

I redid Teddle. His line is the main pokemon of one of the dudes in the championship, and with the quality the original sprite had, it doesn't really cut it. So I present, the new Teddle!

Here is a comparison between old and new.

I might redo Balove too, although I like it a bit better then the old Teddle.

EDIT: Thought I would include the shiny

EDIT: I also redid Pluck again.

Old February 10th, 2015 (8:37 AM).
                  • Crystal Tier

Guys, the great redesigning has started. I made a new dex, it now exists of 108 squares, which is enough space for 18 new designs. But the main thing you'll notice, is that it's way emptier than the old dex. That's because I want to redo most sprites I don't like.

And the reveal guys, here's the dex:
                  Spoiler:

I also used this opportunity to scale down the sprites to 80x80, so they don't look too pixely.

I redid Chiroast, as already included, I will just put it here.
                  Old February 11th, 2015 (9:25 AM).

Nice to see you redoing this. Obviously some of it was outdated due your improvement on spriting. So succes on redoing this, and I hope ou have lots of fun.

Currently playing Pokemon Red

(5/8)
                    Quick Reply

Sponsored Links