Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old December 22nd, 2015 (3:31 AM).
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 812
    At the risk of double posting, Gen III's second frames are complete!



    Now because all of Gens I - III are completed I will be making an animation patch.
    It will be available in the Dropbox and won't take any extra space, as it won't have the actual second frames added, but rather just the animation bytes, lengths and frames, so that when you insert the second frames the animation will fit.

    Back to Gen IV and V afterwards!
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #102    
    Old December 22nd, 2015 (3:48 AM).
    ThomasWinwood ThomasWinwood is offline
       
      Join Date: Nov 2013
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 70
      Congratulations! Three down, three to go?

      Will you also be making available the animation data you're inserting as a plain table, so that those of us who plan on rearranging entries in the same manner as Altair and Sirius have something to work from?
      __________________
      The rival in Red and Blue is called Green. Gary is some character from a lame cartoon.
      Reply With Quote
        #103    
      Old December 22nd, 2015 (5:14 AM).
      MrDollSteak's Avatar
      MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
      Formerly known as 11bayerf1
         
        Join Date: Dec 2008
        Location: Hong Kong
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 812
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ThomasWinwood View Post
        Congratulations! Three down, three to go?

        Will you also be making available the animation data you're inserting as a plain table, so that those of us who plan on rearranging entries in the same manner as Altair and Sirius have something to work from?
        I could do that, but there's not much point actually. The issue is that there are four tables for each Pokemon. I've only edited two of them, one of them the actual animation type, and the other the frame switch timing. I've not touched the frame length or the animation length tables. If you want to rearrange entries like Sirius, it's honestly easier to just rearrange the Pokedex, and keep the pokemon that are in the game in their respective slots.

        Either way I'd look at the thread in Research and Development that documents the location of the tables, as well as what each animation byte corresponds to.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #104    
        Old December 22nd, 2015 (4:48 PM).
        GOLDstandard's Avatar
        GOLDstandard GOLDstandard is offline
        Eclectic
           
          Join Date: Jul 2013
          Location: California
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Bold
          Posts: 51
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
          At the risk of double posting, Gen III's second frames are complete!



          Back to Gen IV and V afterwards!
          *weeps of happiness* Nice work! Very close to finishing gen 4 as well.
          __________________
          ~Eclectic~
          Reply With Quote
            #105    
          Old December 22nd, 2015 (8:48 PM).
          thedarkdragon11's Avatar
          thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
          New World Pirate
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Raftel, New World
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 678
            Nice! 3 generations to go... I hope MEs are also planned to be included as well...
            __________________
            I'm still hoping that one day, I'll be contributing something helpful and significant to every ROM hackers out there...
            Reply With Quote
              #106    
            Old December 23rd, 2015 (1:13 AM). Edited December 27th, 2015 by MrDollSteak.
            MrDollSteak's Avatar
            MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
            Formerly known as 11bayerf1
               
              Join Date: Dec 2008
              Location: Hong Kong
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 812
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
              Nice! 3 generations to go... I hope MEs are also planned to be included as well...
              I don't think I will do Mega Evolutions because they would only be shown in the pokemon stat screen during a battle. I might just give them the default shake without a second frame to mirror their entry animation in battle.

              EDIT: Because I don't want to double post, the patch for making the Emerald animations work with the new sprites is now found in the Emerald folder of the dropbox. Enjoy!
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #107    
              Old December 28th, 2015 (7:44 PM).
              Wobb's Avatar
              Wobb Wobb is offline
              Wynaut
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Dec 2012
              Location: behind you
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 272
              So.. I'm still going to try to help you...
              Do you have Budew for Emerald already? I made a Budew.

              Is it too big...?
              __________________
              Wobba Wobba Woo!
              Started a new hack: Pokemon Colors! I don't have a thread yet
              Reply With Quote
                #108    
              Old January 1st, 2016 (11:19 AM). Edited January 1st, 2016 by wally-217.
              wally-217's Avatar
              wally-217 wally-217 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2012
                Location: Yorkshire, UK
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 95
                I'm thinking of churning some of these out regularly if these are acceptable; I noticed that you missed the Combee and Vespiquen sprites that Sky High submitted a while back (page 3-4 I think), you may want to update that. Also, I noticed the Budew sprite above was a slightly off scale so I went and did that one anyway.

                Kricketune

                Budew

                Roserade

                Shieldon

                Bastiodon


                I used the first frame from your FR sprites so the pallets as far as I know are suigimori style. Which sprites are safe to work on? I intended to work on the missing ones in order if that's alright. Shieldon and Bastiodon were Gen V second frames I already had that I cleaned up a little, whilst the second frame looks bigger, the body sizes are a fit, it may be I think due to the charging nature of the animation, or possibly because they are simply incompatible.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #109    
                Old January 2nd, 2016 (8:52 AM). Edited January 4th, 2016 by MrDollSteak.
                MrDollSteak's Avatar
                MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                  Location: Hong Kong
                  Age: 22
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 812
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by WobbuffetWynaut View Post
                  So.. I'm still going to try to help you...
                  Do you have Budew for Emerald already? I made a Budew.

                  Is it too big...?
                  Yes it's too big. I also already have it sorry.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by wally-217 View Post
                  I'm thinking of churning some of these out regularly if these are acceptable; I noticed that you missed the Combee and Vespiquen sprites that Sky High submitted a while back (page 3-4 I think), you may want to update that. Also, I noticed the Budew sprite above was a slightly off scale so I went and did that one anyway.

                  Kricketune

                  Budew

                  Roserade

                  Shieldon

                  Bastiodon


                  I used the first frame from your FR sprites so the pallets as far as I know are suigimori style. Which sprites are safe to work on? I intended to work on the missing ones in order if that's alright. Shieldon and Bastiodon were Gen V second frames I already had that I cleaned up a little, whilst the second frame looks bigger, the body sizes are a fit, it may be I think due to the charging nature of the animation, or possibly because they are simply incompatible.
                  Yeah sorry these aren't actually cleaned up at all, and I don't think you resized them at the same ratio as the originals, which is why their body shapes look bigger.

                  Here's the next batch of Gen IV second frames, a lot of these have been done for awhile but I'd forgotten to update them.

                  Spoiler:
                  Budew (credits to Sky High)

                  Roserade (credits to Sky High)

                  Combee (credits to Sky High)

                  Vespiquen (credits to Sky High)

                  Cherubi

                  Cherrim

                  Buneary (credits to Sky High)

                  Stunky
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #110    
                  Old January 2nd, 2016 (2:59 PM).
                  wally-217's Avatar
                  wally-217 wally-217 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                    Location: Yorkshire, UK
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 95
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                    Yeah sorry these aren't actually cleaned up at all, and I don't think you resized them at the same ratio as the originals, which is why their body shapes look bigger.
                    Jeez, shot me right down there. I didn't hold out for much in the first place, which is why I only did a couple (and yeah I did start to cut corners as I went on). I just go off what looks good whereas I feel you have more of an exact science, which is why I haven't really tried contributing to these before. That kricketune one was perfectly resized since that was the first I did but a single sprite isnt really much of a contribution, sorry I'm rambling now, getting excited/impatient I guess. It's good to see this really taking shape as it's invaluable to the community so I understand the rigorous quality control.
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #111    
                    Old January 3rd, 2016 (8:13 PM).
                    rhapsodian_pixo rhapsodian_pixo is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 91
                      icons of IV, V and VI gen will be awesome like these icons... i know that
                      Reply With Quote
                        #112    
                      Old January 4th, 2016 (6:02 AM).
                      You Watanabe's Avatar
                      You Watanabe You Watanabe is offline
                      Now Leaving...
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2014
                        Location: Shiganshina District, Wall Maria
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 430
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                        Roserade (credits to Sky High)
                        The background palette for the second frame is different from the first frame so that's why I got problems in uploading it on Advance Sprite Editor.
                        __________________

                        Userpage


                        Pokémon Dark Jade Version (Coming Soon!)


                        The Omsoc Empire (Coming Soon!)
                        Reply With Quote
                          #113    
                        Old January 4th, 2016 (8:13 AM).
                        MrDollSteak's Avatar
                        MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                        Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2008
                          Location: Hong Kong
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 812
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by wally-217 View Post
                          Jeez, shot me right down there. I didn't hold out for much in the first place, which is why I only did a couple (and yeah I did start to cut corners as I went on). I just go off what looks good whereas I feel you have more of an exact science, which is why I haven't really tried contributing to these before. That kricketune one was perfectly resized since that was the first I did but a single sprite isnt really much of a contribution, sorry I'm rambling now, getting excited/impatient I guess. It's good to see this really taking shape as it's invaluable to the community so I understand the rigorous quality control.
                          What I do is compare the original sprite with the resized one, to polish up the linework, and to make sure everything is roughly in the same place. Kricketune one isn't perfectly resized, though it is the best out of your submitted ones, but its claws and feet for example aren't proportional to the original sprite! Hope this helps.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by rhapsodian_pixo View Post
                          icons of IV, V and VI gen will be awesome like these icons... i know that
                          The Gen VI ones are in the other thread. I'm working on IV now.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
                          The background palette for the second frame is different from the first frame so that's why I got problems in uploading it on Advance Sprite Editor.
                          Fixed!

                          New batch of Gen IV second frames.

                          Spoiler:
                          Kricketune

                          Shellos West

                          Gastrodon West

                          Lumineon

                          Regigigas

                          Shellos East

                          Gastrodon East
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #114    
                          Old January 8th, 2016 (2:54 PM).
                          thedarkdragon11's Avatar
                          thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                          New World Pirate
                             
                            Join Date: May 2009
                            Location: Raftel, New World
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 678
                            Should I contribute, can I use some Gen. 4 or 5 frames for the 2nd frame if the pose is relative to the FR sprites here?
                            __________________
                            I'm still hoping that one day, I'll be contributing something helpful and significant to every ROM hackers out there...
                            Reply With Quote
                              #115    
                            Old January 10th, 2016 (7:51 AM).
                            MrDollSteak's Avatar
                            MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                            Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2008
                              Location: Hong Kong
                              Age: 22
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 812
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
                              Should I contribute, can I use some Gen. 4 or 5 frames for the 2nd frame if the pose is relative to the FR sprites here?
                              I don't know what you mean.

                              Anyway, here are some more Gen 4 second frames! Only about 10-15 left including the Rotom formes.

                              Spoiler:
                              Floatzel

                              Drifloon

                              Glameow

                              Skuntank

                              Giratina Origin Forme (credits to Sky High for the second frame)

                              Shaymin Sky Forme
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #116    
                              Old January 10th, 2016 (3:55 PM).
                              thedarkdragon11's Avatar
                              thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                              New World Pirate
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2009
                                Location: Raftel, New World
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Hasty
                                Posts: 678
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                                I don't know what you mean.

                                Anyway, here are some more Gen 4 second frames! Only about 10-15 left including the Rotom formes.

                                Spoiler:
                                Floatzel

                                Drifloon

                                Glameow

                                Skuntank

                                Giratina Origin Forme (credits to Sky High for the second frame)

                                Shaymin Sky Forme
                                Sorry for not clarifying... What I mean is that, can I use some frames from D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 as a second frame for the EM section as long as it looks well with your frames at the FR section? Say for instance, I will make a second frame for the Rotom forms, I'll get the second frame pose from the games that I mentioned...

                                By the way, I'm very excited to see the completion of Gen. 4...
                                __________________
                                I'm still hoping that one day, I'll be contributing something helpful and significant to every ROM hackers out there...
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #117    
                                Old January 10th, 2016 (7:25 PM).
                                MrDollSteak's Avatar
                                MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                                Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2008
                                  Location: Hong Kong
                                  Age: 22
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 812
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
                                  Sorry for not clarifying... What I mean is that, can I use some frames from D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 as a second frame for the EM section as long as it looks well with your frames at the FR section? Say for instance, I will make a second frame for the Rotom forms, I'll get the second frame pose from the games that I mentioned...

                                  By the way, I'm very excited to see the completion of Gen. 4...
                                  Yes... obviously. The sprites from Fire Red are all from those games. The point of this thread is that they are resized sprites from those games. Though make sure you follow the instructions when you resize otherwise I won't accept them.
                                  __________________
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #118    
                                  Old January 12th, 2016 (3:20 PM). Edited January 12th, 2016 by thedarkdragon11.
                                  thedarkdragon11's Avatar
                                  thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                                  New World Pirate
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2009
                                    Location: Raftel, New World
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Hasty
                                    Posts: 678
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                                    Yes... obviously. The sprites from Fire Red are all from those games. The point of this thread is that they are resized sprites from those games. Though make sure you follow the instructions when you resize otherwise I won't accept them.
                                    I see... I hope I can contribute here soon...

                                    By the way, why is that there's no Spinda for Emerald?
                                    __________________
                                    I'm still hoping that one day, I'll be contributing something helpful and significant to every ROM hackers out there...
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #119    
                                    Old January 12th, 2016 (7:17 PM).
                                    MrDollSteak's Avatar
                                    MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                                    Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                                      Location: Hong Kong
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 812
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
                                      I see... I hope I can contribute here soon...

                                      By the way, why is that there's no Spinda for Emerald?
                                      Spinda only has one frame because in the game it only has one frame. Spinda's spots are generated by the game and if it had a second frame they would move around the place.
                                      __________________
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #120    
                                      Old January 13th, 2016 (8:35 PM).
                                      thedarkdragon11's Avatar
                                      thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                                      New World Pirate
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2009
                                        Location: Raftel, New World
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Hasty
                                        Posts: 678
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                                        Spinda only has one frame because in the game it only has one frame. Spinda's spots are generated by the game and if it had a second frame they would move around the place.
                                        I see... Thanks for the info!
                                        __________________
                                        I'm still hoping that one day, I'll be contributing something helpful and significant to every ROM hackers out there...
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #121    
                                        Old January 16th, 2016 (12:47 PM).
                                        wally-217's Avatar
                                        wally-217 wally-217 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Nov 2012
                                          Location: Yorkshire, UK
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 95
                                          Just a small question... What's the best way to insert these? Gen III Hacking Suite is the only one I've found so far to work with expanded Pokemon but it means manually splitting each sprite into two 256x64 images [Em]. No biggie exactly but just thought I'd ask to clarify in case there's a quicker method
                                          __________________
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #122    
                                          Old January 16th, 2016 (5:29 PM).
                                          thedarkdragon11's Avatar
                                          thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                                          New World Pirate
                                             
                                            Join Date: May 2009
                                            Location: Raftel, New World
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Hasty
                                            Posts: 678
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by wally-217 View Post
                                            Just a small question... What's the best way to insert these? Gen III Hacking Suite is the only one I've found so far to work with expanded Pokemon but it means manually splitting each sprite into two 256x64 images [Em]. No biggie exactly but just thought I'd ask to clarify in case there's a quicker method
                                            Use Advanced Series by Wichu: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143
                                            __________________
                                            I'm still hoping that one day, I'll be contributing something helpful and significant to every ROM hackers out there...
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #123    
                                            Old January 17th, 2016 (7:40 AM).
                                            MrDollSteak's Avatar
                                            MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is offline
                                            Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                                               
                                              Join Date: Dec 2008
                                              Location: Hong Kong
                                              Age: 22
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 812
                                              Hey everybody got some great news for everyone, Gen IV's second frames are complete!



                                              Thanks to everyone that's supported me so far and submitted second frames, especially Sky High, who has contributed a heap of these Gen IV second frames.

                                              Next up will be the Gen IV icons, in tandem with Gen V sprites.

                                              I won't be submitting second frames for the Arceus formes, if you want to do it, just insert the existing Arceus sprite, and use the palettes from the Fire Red sprites.
                                              __________________
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #124    
                                              Old January 17th, 2016 (12:06 PM).
                                              rhapsodian_pixo rhapsodian_pixo is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jul 2013
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 91
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                                                Hey everybody got some great news for everyone, Gen IV's second frames are complete!



                                                Thanks to everyone that's supported me so far and submitted second frames, especially Sky High, who has contributed a heap of these Gen IV second frames.

                                                Next up will be the Gen IV icons, in tandem with Gen V sprites.

                                                I won't be submitting second frames for the Arceus formes, if you want to do it, just insert the existing Arceus sprite, and use the palettes from the Fire Red sprites.
                                                just look these reposes! are amazing!

                                                i love this thread!
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #125    
                                                Old January 18th, 2016 (7:52 AM).
                                                wally-217's Avatar
                                                wally-217 wally-217 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                                                  Location: Yorkshire, UK
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 95
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                                                  What I do is compare the original sprite with the resized one, to polish up the linework, and to make sure everything is roughly in the same place. Kricketune one isn't perfectly resized, though it is the best out of your submitted ones, but its claws and feet for example aren't proportional to the original sprite! Hope this helps.
                                                  Thanks, that helps a lot! I'll take all that into account next time around!

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
                                                  Rookie error; I had already tried A-Series but I forgot to change the .ini! Again, thanks!
                                                  __________________
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:05 AM.