Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old December 31st, 2016 (11:36 PM). Edited January 3rd, 2017 by MrDollSteak.
MrDollSteak's Avatar
MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is online now
Formerly known as 11bayerf1
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 817
    Sorry for the long break everybody! Not a whole lot of progress to report apart from the fact that the gen IV Icons have been finished!



    Gen 5 is my next priority both the Fire Red, Emerald front sprites and the Icon sprites. I'm not sure how long they'll take as I haven't had much more progress, but bear with me. I might release some more of the second frames I've completed, though I was hoping to release them in one big dump.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #152    
    Old January 1st, 2017 (2:00 AM).
    thedarkdragon11's Avatar
    thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
    New World Pirate
       
      Join Date: May 2009
      Location: Raftel, New World
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Hasty
      Posts: 724
      Nice! By the way, are you going to include Gen. 7 (and beyond) here after you've finished Gen. 6 or only the new form/es related to the first 6 generations?
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #153    
      Old January 1st, 2017 (4:15 AM).
      MrDollSteak's Avatar
      MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is online now
      Formerly known as 11bayerf1
         
        Join Date: Dec 2008
        Location: Hong Kong
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 817
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
        Nice! By the way, are you going to include Gen. 7 (and beyond) here after you've finished Gen. 6 or only the new form/es related to the first 6 generations?
        I currently have no plans to do anything with Gen 7, I've seen your thread and it looks great and under control. I'll possibly submit a few sprites there though.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #154    
        Old January 2nd, 2017 (6:58 AM).
        thedarkdragon11's Avatar
        thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
        New World Pirate
           
          Join Date: May 2009
          Location: Raftel, New World
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 724
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
          I currently have no plans to do anything with Gen 7, I've seen your thread and it looks great and under control. I'll possibly submit a few sprites there though.
          I see... And thanks for that!
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #155    
          Old January 2nd, 2017 (10:24 AM). Edited May 18th, 2017 by Megax Rocker.
          Megax Rocker's Avatar
          Megax Rocker Megax Rocker is offline
             
            Join Date: Jan 2016
            Posts: 105
            I created this for my own personal usage, but I guess I should share it.


            I used this thread's sprite as a base (specifically the second frame) I guess this is the most appropriate place to share it as it uses the same sprite, and I vastly prefer Gallde' stance in this one.
            Reply With Quote
              #156    
            Old January 3rd, 2017 (4:33 PM).
            MBCMechachu's Avatar
            MBCMechachu MBCMechachu is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2016
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 102
              I posted these to the gen 7 half of this but I thought I may as well post them here too.

              Gen 4:
              Turtwig
              Grotle
              Monferno
              Kricketot
              Gliscor
              Porygon-Z

              Gen 5:
              Victini
              Snivy
              Servine
              Swoobat
              Genesect
              __________________
              MBC POWER UP!!
              Reply With Quote
                #157    
              Old January 3rd, 2017 (6:00 PM).
              MrDollSteak's Avatar
              MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is online now
              Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2008
                Location: Hong Kong
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 817
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MBCMechachu View Post
                I posted these to the gen 7 half of this but I thought I may as well post them here too.

                Gen 4:
                Turtwig
                Grotle
                Monferno
                Kricketot
                Gliscor
                Porygon-Z

                Gen 5:
                Victini
                Snivy
                Servine
                Swoobat
                Genesect
                There's no need for the Gen 4 sprites as they are already completed. Though I will definitely take your Gen 5 sprites into consideration. Be aware however that you are currently using the X and Y colours which do not fit in Gen 3 so you will need to recolour them using one of the 3 palettes.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #158    
                Old January 3rd, 2017 (6:26 PM).
                MBCMechachu's Avatar
                MBCMechachu MBCMechachu is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2016
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Modest
                  Posts: 102
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                  There's no need for the Gen 4 sprites as they are already completed. Though I will definitely take your Gen 5 sprites into consideration. Be aware however that you are currently using the X and Y colours which do not fit in Gen 3 so you will need to recolour them using one of the 3 palettes.
                  That's fine with me.
                  __________________
                  MBC POWER UP!!
                  Reply With Quote
                    #159    
                  Old January 7th, 2017 (2:05 PM). Edited January 7th, 2017 by MBCMechachu.
                  MBCMechachu's Avatar
                  MBCMechachu MBCMechachu is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2016
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 102
                    So in regards to the color palette are these kind of what you had in mind?

                    Mandibuzz

                    Stunfisk

                    Reuniclus

                    Sandile

                    Klang

                    Klinklang

                    Pawniard

                    Bisharp

                    Litwick
                    __________________
                    MBC POWER UP!!
                    Reply With Quote
                      #160    
                    Old January 28th, 2017 (7:37 PM).
                    Jeesh's Avatar
                    Jeesh Jeesh is offline
                    The Emerald Rights Activist.
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2016
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 50
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                      There's no need for the Gen 4 sprites as they are already completed.
                      Where?
                      I don't see Gen 4 two frame icon sprites in the main post.
                      __________________
                      >Emerald hacks need to come back.
                      >Make EMerica great again.
                      >I'm a Hoenn PROenn.
                      >Free the E.
                      >All hacks are created equal...but Emerald is cool.
                      >Charizard got nothin' on Rayquaza.
                      >Learn to hack the hard way. Go with Emerald.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #161    
                      Old January 29th, 2017 (1:10 PM).
                      Megax Rocker's Avatar
                      Megax Rocker Megax Rocker is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2016
                        Posts: 105
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Jeesh View Post
                        Where?
                        I don't see Gen 4 two frame icon sprites in the main post.
                        You can find them inside the linked file on the first post, it contains all of this thread's contents including the gen vi icons.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #162    
                        Old February 3rd, 2017 (11:45 AM).
                        That Pokemaker's Avatar
                        That Pokemaker That Pokemaker is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2016
                          Posts: 11
                          Is there any sort of resource like this or ChaosRush's but with only D/P Sprites?
                          Reply With Quote
                            #163    
                          Old April 1st, 2017 (9:13 PM).
                          MrDollSteak's Avatar
                          MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is online now
                          Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2008
                            Location: Hong Kong
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 817
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by That Pokemaker View Post
                            Is there any sort of resource like this or ChaosRush's but with only D/P Sprites?
                            Alas not, the sprites that were selected are generally the ones that fit the bets in GBA dimensions. There's a slight difference between some of my sprites and Chaos' as my favourite sprites were generally from HGSS so I changed some of the old DP or BW sprites such as Articuno or Nidorino with their HGSS sprites.
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #164    
                            Old April 30th, 2017 (1:44 PM). Edited April 30th, 2017 by MBCMechachu.
                            MBCMechachu's Avatar
                            MBCMechachu MBCMechachu is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2016
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 102
                              I'm not sure if this would be of any help on here but recently I've become a bit of an admin for icons on the Gen VII Pokemon GBA sprite thread & I ended up making a chart of sorts to show which icons we still have left. Keep in mind this wont include all of them but it's very close to that. Brace yourselves. This one is a big one.
                              Spoiler:

                              The sprites are signified by 2 colors. Icons that are already done are represented with the default green background & the icons that aren't recolored to have the Gen 3-5 palette, have a frame 2, or both will be represented by the color blue.
                              __________________
                              MBC POWER UP!!
                              Reply With Quote
                                #165    
                              Old April 30th, 2017 (7:37 PM).
                              MrDollSteak's Avatar
                              MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is online now
                              Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2008
                                Location: Hong Kong
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 817
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by MBCMechachu View Post
                                I'm not sure if this would be of any help on here but recently I've become a bit of an admin for icons on the Gen VII Pokemon GBA sprite thread & I ended up making a chart of sorts to show which icons we still have left. Keep in mind this wont include all of them but it's very close to that. Brace yourselves. This one is a big one.
                                Spoiler:

                                The sprites are signified by 2 colors. Icons that are already done are represented with the default green background & the icons that aren't recolored to have the Gen 3-5 palette, have a frame 2, or both will be represented by the color blue.
                                Yeah pretty interesting. I'll upload the Gen 5 ones here when I get the chance, the previous ones that you had posted here were all acceptable so if you want to make any more go for it.

                                I've currently completed Victini through to Audino.
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #166    
                                Old May 4th, 2017 (5:59 AM). Edited May 5th, 2017 by You Watanabe.
                                You Watanabe's Avatar
                                You Watanabe You Watanabe is offline
                                Now Leaving...
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2014
                                  Location: Shiganshina District, Wall Maria
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 430
                                  Before I completely "forget" contributing to this project, I have done these two a long time ago and fixed them up today. These will be my "last" contribution for this project [for now... hopefully a new mood would strike soon].

                                  Anyway, good luck completing this MrDollSteak... and to those who will be/are doing better second-frame sprites than me! lol

                                  EDIT: I would be back sometime later, but it's really kind of painful doing pixel art on 1080p screen.

                                  Rufflet


                                  Braviary


                                  ~ Formerly Sky High
                                  __________________

                                  Userpage


                                  Pokémon Dark Jade Version (Coming Soon!)


                                  The Omsoc Empire (Coming Soon!)
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #167    
                                  Old May 7th, 2017 (8:13 PM).
                                  BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                  BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2012
                                    Age: 19
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quirky
                                    Posts: 539
                                    Heya~

                                    I know I'll sound dumb to ask this here but... Are those sprites with the second frames for Emerald available with the original palette Chaos did? I'm sorry. It's just that, in my own opinion, Sugimori's palette is kinda pale(?) and doesn't look that good in-game, especially Charmander. But I love the second frames provided here. They're lovely.

                                    I could recolor every single one but that would take forever so I just asked, maybe you have a faster alternative(? Like a zip file of all sprites with their original colors xD) Hihi. Thanks~
                                    __________________

                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #168    
                                    Old May 9th, 2017 (11:05 AM).
                                    Megax Rocker's Avatar
                                    Megax Rocker Megax Rocker is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2016
                                      Posts: 105
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRobin View Post
                                      Heya~

                                      I know I'll sound dumb to ask this here but... Are those sprites with the second frames for Emerald available with the original palette Chaos did? I'm sorry. It's just that, in my own opinion, Sugimori's palette is kinda pale(?) and doesn't look that good in-game, especially Charmander. But I love the second frames provided here. They're lovely.

                                      I could recolor every single one but that would take forever so I just asked, maybe you have a faster alternative(? Like a zip file of all sprites with their original colors xD) Hihi. Thanks~
                                      You'll have to recolour manually, use the website Piskel open 2 tabs one with the sprite you like and the second frame you want for it, use the tool that allows you to change the all pixels of the same colour to the one chosen.

                                      It'll take 1-2 minutes to finish one, really simple.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #169    
                                      Old May 9th, 2017 (3:36 PM). Edited May 10th, 2017 by BlackWhiteRobin.
                                      BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                      BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2012
                                        Age: 19
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Quirky
                                        Posts: 539
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Megax Rocker View Post
                                        You'll have to recolour manually, use the website Piskel open 2 tabs one with the sprite you like and the second frame you want for it, use the tool that allows you to change the all pixels of the same colour to the one chosen.

                                        It'll take 1-2 minutes to finish one, really simple.
                                        Oh, thank you. But I decided to just use all these without recoloring since it actually imitates the colors of the models in the newer generations.

                                        BTW, is anyone else having troubles inserting any of the sprites into PGE? Well most specifically, Graveler, Turtwig, and a lot more. :/

                                        EDIT: Since it's kinda taking long, I decided to fix the sprite palette errors. After a dreaded process of click and crap, here are the fixed ones, ready to be inserted in PGE:

                                        GEN I
                                        Spoiler:
                                        075

                                        132

                                        138

                                        142

                                        148

                                        150

                                        GEN II
                                        Spoiler:
                                        187

                                        227

                                        GEN III
                                        Spoiler:
                                        306

                                        307

                                        311

                                        316

                                        343

                                        394

                                        409

                                        GEN IV
                                        Spoiler:
                                        440

                                        484


                                        On a side note, I'd like to recommend using Paint.net, Photoshop, or GIMP to the contributors of this sprite thread. Recoloring the sprites using Paint XP can make a lot of mistakes especially when done hurriedly. You'll miss recoloring a few pixels.

                                        EDIT: I noticed there wasn't a sunshine form for Cherrim because MrDS didn't want to do it but since Cherrim Sunshine Form is now possible for Emerald, I'll share this.
                                        __________________

                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #170    
                                        Old May 11th, 2017 (3:40 PM).
                                        MrDollSteak's Avatar
                                        MrDollSteak MrDollSteak is online now
                                        Formerly known as 11bayerf1
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2008
                                          Location: Hong Kong
                                          Age: 22
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 817
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by You Watanabe View Post
                                          Before I completely "forget" contributing to this project, I have done these two a long time ago and fixed them up today. These will be my "last" contribution for this project [for now... hopefully a new mood would strike soon].

                                          Anyway, good luck completing this MrDollSteak... and to those who will be/are doing better second-frame sprites than me! lol

                                          EDIT: I would be back sometime later, but it's really kind of painful doing pixel art on 1080p screen.

                                          Rufflet


                                          Braviary


                                          ~ Formerly Sky High
                                          Those look great! Definitely miss your contributions but RL is more important haha!

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRobin View Post
                                          Oh, thank you. But I decided to just use all these without recoloring since it actually imitates the colors of the models in the newer generations.

                                          BTW, is anyone else having troubles inserting any of the sprites into PGE? Well most specifically, Graveler, Turtwig, and a lot more. :/

                                          EDIT: Since it's kinda taking long, I decided to fix the sprite palette errors. After a dreaded process of click and crap, here are the fixed ones, ready to be inserted in PGE:

                                          GEN I
                                          Spoiler:
                                          075

                                          132

                                          138

                                          142

                                          148

                                          150

                                          GEN II
                                          Spoiler:
                                          187

                                          227

                                          GEN III
                                          Spoiler:
                                          306

                                          307

                                          311

                                          316

                                          343

                                          394

                                          409

                                          GEN IV
                                          Spoiler:
                                          440

                                          484


                                          On a side note, I'd like to recommend using Paint.net, Photoshop, or GIMP to the contributors of this sprite thread. Recoloring the sprites using Paint XP can make a lot of mistakes especially when done hurriedly. You'll miss recoloring a few pixels.

                                          EDIT: I noticed there wasn't a sunshine form for Cherrim because MrDS didn't want to do it but since Cherrim Sunshine Form is now possible for Emerald, I'll share this.
                                          Thanks a lot for that! I hadn't noticed any of these issues. Just to check you were definitely using the ones from the dropbox right? Either way I'll compare and see what the issues might be.

                                          Also thanks for the Cherrim sprite! I was initially not wanting to do it because the transform effects didn't usually play second frames but since Dizzy has cracked that why not!

                                          Cheers! Love the contributions guys keep them coming if you have the chance
                                          __________________
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #171    
                                          Old May 13th, 2017 (2:49 PM).
                                          Megax Rocker's Avatar
                                          Megax Rocker Megax Rocker is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jan 2016
                                            Posts: 105
                                            Can you please tell us your current generation 5 icon proggres?

                                            I wanna make some but I don't want to make ones that already made, I had already made a bunch of gen 7 ones for my hack so I'm confident that I can make quite good ones.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #172    
                                            Old May 13th, 2017 (5:00 PM).
                                            thedarkdragon11's Avatar
                                            thedarkdragon11 thedarkdragon11 is offline
                                            New World Pirate
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2009
                                              Location: Raftel, New World
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Hasty
                                              Posts: 724
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Megax Rocker View Post
                                              Can you please tell us your current generation 5 icon proggres?

                                              I wanna make some but I don't want to make ones that already made, I had already made a bunch of gen 7 ones for my hack so I'm confident that I can make quite good ones.
                                              MrDS said in a previous post that he's done from Victini to Audino... He also seems to accept other MBCMechachu's submissions (Sandile, Reuniclus, Klang, Klinklang, Litwick, Stunfisk, Pawniard, Bisharp, Mandibuzz and Genesect)...
                                              __________________
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #173    
                                              Old May 14th, 2017 (12:31 AM).
                                              Megax Rocker's Avatar
                                              Megax Rocker Megax Rocker is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jan 2016
                                                Posts: 105
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
                                                MrDS said in a previous post that he's done from Victini to Audino... He also seems to accept other MBCMechachu's submissions (Sandile, Reuniclus, Klang, Klinklang, Litwick, Stunfisk, Pawniard, Bisharp, Mandibuzz and Genesect)...
                                                Thanks man, I'll get on some of them when I have the chance.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #174    
                                                Old May 17th, 2017 (1:29 AM). Edited May 19th, 2017 by BlackWhiteRobin.
                                                BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                                BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                                                  Age: 19
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Quirky
                                                  Posts: 539
                                                  Heya~ I made these and was thinking to do more if these would pass your quality check.


                                                  I'm not so sure about their palettes though. The Sugimori artworks I have here were from PLDH and I think their quite less saturated than yours? :)

                                                  EDIT: I wasn't sure where to post this one. Can't decide whether it belongs in the Gen VI thread or here but I decided to post it here since it uses Sugimori Palettes.

                                                  I only retouched the front sprites but the backsprites, I made from scratch except the head. Let's be honest, the current one doesn't look good. Btw, ignore the second frame. I haven't edited it yet. Added second frame. :)

                                                  EDIT: I also did Alakazam. It also uses Sugimori Palettes. 90% made from scratch (I took the head off from here and modified it.) I made two since I can't decide if the one with bigger spoons or smaller spoons look better. Also, if anyone would like to make an improvement, I'm willing to send the bases of this sprite, bacause, I actually sprited this one by parts in separate layers. Oh and I'm not too fond of his beard. I think it's less fluffy and textureless. I'm not good at those. Especially shading. I just begun spriting again though.


                                                  EDIT: Here's Mega Sceptile who was a great pain in the ass to draw. Especially that freaky Christmas tree tail. Again, if anyone has suggestions on how to draw this better, I've got a layered base of every part of this sprite so feel free to tell me. :)


                                                  I'm planning to do everyone's backsprites after I finish Mega Blaziken and Mega Swampert. :)
                                                  __________________

                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #175    
                                                  Old May 17th, 2017 (3:26 PM). Edited May 18th, 2017 by Megax Rocker.
                                                  Megax Rocker's Avatar
                                                  Megax Rocker Megax Rocker is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Jan 2016
                                                    Posts: 105
                                                    Here's my work:



                                                    Some of the new icons are almost identical to the old ones so I polished them and ported the old second frames instead of making completely new animations.
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:36 PM.