The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art & Design
Gallery Psychic's Nerdy Food Gallery

Art & Design For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Old July 15th, 2016 (10:45 PM).

Those are really beautiful cakes and the designs are amazing. Dude you are an artist. Look these up if you want similar designs for cakes for your party.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 22nd, 2016 (6:16 PM).
    Really and truly
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoisPFulp View Post
    Those are really beautiful cakes and the designs are amazing. Dude you are an artist. Look these up if you want similar designs for cakes for your party.
    Thanks a lot! It's always fun to check out other cakes, though I'm more into novelty desserts, haha.

Next is my first Pokémon Go-themed dessert!

I made this for my brother's birthday! He’s on Team Valor (since his favourite colour is red), so I stuck with a red and chocolate theme! The Valor emblem and Pokéball are made entirely out of chocolate!

I messed up by sticking Moltres in the fridge, which shocked the chocolate and made it lift off the paper. I knew I'd have another Frigimon situation on my hands, so I saved it as best as I could (it broke in a few spots, but I covered the cracks, hehe). I think I did a good job!

I’m still happy with how it came out, and my bro got a kick out of it! Now I want to do the emblems for all three teams.

~Psychic

Click the Bulbasaur cupcake to check out my nerdy desserts thread!
    Old September 14th, 2016 (12:01 PM).
    Really and truly
    • Silver Tier

I finally tried out my 3D-printed Substitute doll cookie cutter! I received it during a Pokémon merchandise swap on pkmncollectors, where I had requested something I could use to make fun Pokémon treats. :>

It's my first time posting cookies here, and of course they're Pokémon! I have only made sugar cookies a couple times before, but it was my first time decorating and using royal icing! The cutter worked really well (one subby lost a leg, but I glued it back on with icing)! I’m really happy with how they came out!

~Psychic

Old September 14th, 2016 (2:31 PM).
    Me but pink

Nature: Hasty
      Wow these are great. Have you consideredlaw school? baking me a cake?

Old September 22nd, 2016 (12:28 PM).
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Impish
      Really enjoyed looking through your Poké Bakes! Do you find it hard to eat your creations or does the nom take over?

I think you may have inspired a new hobby for me!
      Old October 1st, 2016 (7:23 PM).
      Really and truly
      • Silver Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CUTIEFLY!!! View Post
      Wow these are great. Have you consideredlaw school? baking me a cake?
      Thanks so much! If baked goods could be sent through the internet, I would be sending off a lot of food, haha.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Spoonette View Post
      Really enjoyed looking through your Poké Bakes! Do you find it hard to eat your creations or does the nom take over?

I think you may have inspired a new hobby for me!
      Thanks so much! Honestly, it can be really hard sometimes to eat my creations - I just want to save them and keep staring at them! I have also had occasions where I made a dessert for someone (usually chocolate) and they put off eating it for months so as not to "ruin" it! It's flattering, but it also goes against the whole reason I bake to begin with!

If you do wing up baking stuff, be sure to post it and link me to it! :D

My latest creation is "candy bombs" based on Candy from Pokémon GO! It was my first time doing anything like this, and I'm really happy with the results!

I made white chocolate Bulbasaur Candy, Charmander Candy, Squirtle Candy, and Pikachu Candy. They're hollow and are filled with Mini M&Ms and little print-out images of the given Pokémon. I based my recipe off of My Cupcake Addiction's Candy Pokeball tutorial.

I used a half-sphere mold to make the candies using melted white chocolate in different colours, and when they hardened enough I was able to remove them from the molds and combine two half-spheres into full spheres. I put more melted chocolate into Zilpock baggies, cut off a corner, and used that as a piping bag to add the stripes.

It was overall a really time-intensive process, and next time I would use a food-safe pastry brush to make the stripes instead. I'm still really happy with the result! I'll have to upload a video of one of the Candies being broken sometime, haha.

~Psychic

Old October 2nd, 2016 (8:40 AM).
      'It's thanks to you failing all those exams that we became classmates, you and me.'
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
      That's pretty cute! I know it would be even more time intensive, but you could always alternate the melted chocolate in the molds to get the striped look and keep it solid. Obviously you'd have to wait for each layer to harden, but if you using the melted chocolate chips I think you are then it should just be a quick pop in the freezer for each layer.
      Sister to: Rika & Ana
      My children: Kyle & Zappy
      Moderator of Art & Design
      The New Crew

Film: Doukyuusei (Classmates)
      Old October 16th, 2016 (2:59 PM).
      Really and truly
      • Silver Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nina View Post
      That's pretty cute! I know it would be even more time intensive, but you could always alternate the melted chocolate in the molds to get the striped look and keep it solid. Obviously you'd have to wait for each layer to harden, but if you using the melted chocolate chips I think you are then it should just be a quick pop in the freezer for each layer.
      Thanks so much! That method actually wouldn't be too time-intensive (like you said, the part that would take the most time would be waiting for each layer to set in the fridge). The only downside to me is that if I did it that way then I wouldn't be able to make them hollow and fill them with candy (and I think it would cost more in the long run since the chocolates are more expensive than Mini M&Ms). It would probably wind up being less effort in the end, though. I may actually try this method out in the future, thank you for suggesting it!

Here's my second medical school-themed dessert: a stethoscope cake! This is for the same friend I made the medical cupcakes for last year, so I wanted to try something a little different.

I used the icing transfer method to make the stethoscope, and I quite like how it came out. I haven't used that method in a little while, having instead been opting for making cake toppers out of chocolate instead of buttercream.

I think the cake looks fairly professional in the end, and my friend loved it! :D

~Psychic

Old October 23rd, 2016 (8:56 PM).
      Really and truly
      • Silver Tier

My newest creation is candy Gastly for Halloween! I had so much fun making my Pokemon GO candy that I wanted to see what else I could do with the concept, and I was excited when I realized I could make some edible ghost Pokemon for the holiday season!

The Gastly bodies are made of chocolate, with white chocolate eyes and mouths. Their gassy haze is freshly-bought cotton candy spun earlier today.

I'm really proud of the concept and how they turned out!

~Psychic

Old October 24th, 2016 (5:48 AM).

Wow! You're so creative with pokemon desserts! They look so good an yummy! x3

Old October 25th, 2016 (9:43 AM).

I should not have come here. Your stuff looks super tasty. Now im hungry

https://www.youtube.com/c/vrhuman
          Old October 25th, 2016 (12:23 PM).
          Really and truly
          • Silver Tier

I didn't realize I've had this thread for over a year now - whoo! To celebrate, I updated the first post to include all of the desserts I have posted here up until now, nicely categorized into different sections. Each section is in chronological order, with the oldest desserts being at the top of each section. It's awesome being able to see how much I've improved over time!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Neshi View Post
          Wow! You're so creative with pokemon desserts! They look so good an yummy! x3
          Thanks so much! I really have done a lot of Pokemon desserts recently, haha. And I have even more ideas, too...

Quote:
          Originally Posted by vrhuman View Post
          I should not have come here. Your stuff looks super tasty. Now im hungry -_-
          Thanks so much! I definitely don't advocate looking through this stuff on am empty stomach, but you should totally make some desserts yourself and post them, too!

~Psychic

Old October 25th, 2016 (2:34 PM).

Nature: Calm
            Beautiful and yummy. Looks like some time was put in. Not bad at all :D
            Old October 31st, 2016 (5:20 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MewAllDay View Post
            Beautiful and yummy. Looks like some time was put in. Not bad at all :D
            Thanks so much! I definitely put a lot of time and effort into each of my desserts (especially since I know I'll be posting them online for the world to judge, haha). Glad you like them!

Next up, I couldn't resist making another Pokemon Halloween treat: zombie Pikachu cakes!

Using a silicone Pikachu mold from Japan, I dyed my cake batter green and to get this gnarly result! I then made pink buttercream icing, put it in a makeshift piping bag and made the squiggly brains. Then I added some red food gel to add the gore, and viola!

When I first used this mold, the cakes that came out had a very hole-y surface, and my partner mentioned that they looked kind of like zombies with chunks of missing flesh and deep, empty eyes. That idea really stuck with me, so I was happy to get a chance to make zombie Pikas! I didn't have to do anything to these cakes - they came out looking this way! If I used a heavier cake batter they might look more normal, haha.

~Psychic

Old October 31st, 2016 (7:55 PM).
            'It's thanks to you failing all those exams that we became classmates, you and me.'
            • Platinum Tier

These are great!! I'd suggest maybe adding in some icing on the features for the eyes and cheeks, even if you used a different or muted color than the red. They look very good, but it's a little hard to see it the shape of the features because of the holey texture.
            The New Crew

Old October 31st, 2016 (8:27 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

Quote:
            These are great!! I'd suggest maybe adding in some icing on the features for the eyes and cheeks, even if you used a different or muted color than the red. They look very good, but it's a little hard to see it the shape of the features because of the holey texture.
            Thank you! Yeah, unfortunately I didn't take the time to get some good detail shots, so a lot of that is lost, especially in the photo of all 16 zombie-chus. I've tried using icing for the facial features before with mixed results, so I would give it a try again. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

I promise this is the last Halloween thing! I just managed to finish my pumpkin for this year: it's Braixen from Pokken Tournament riding on her broom! I got the game this year, and while playing through with my partner, we decided to main Braixen for awhile. Both of us kind of fell in love with the magical fox, and I especially loved whenever she would ride her broom like a witch!

There aren't many good reference pictures, so I used this one. Unfortunately I didn’t plan it out perfectly and it wasn’t super structurally sound, so my Braixen lost her head (I was thankfully able to reattach it with the magic of toothpicks)!

This is my third pumpkin I've done since I was a kid, and all three have been Pokemon!

Espurr in 2014

Golbat Pikachu in 2015

My pumpkins have definitely gotten more complex each year. I’m really happy with how this one came out, and I can't wait to challenge myself again in 2017!

~Psychic

Old December 5th, 2016 (10:24 PM). Edited December 23rd, 2016 by Psychic.
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

Long time no post! I've been itching to try something new, and over the weekend I finally got a chance to try my hand at making some Alolan Muk cupcakes!

These cupcakes have got Alolan Muk both on the outside and on the inside - double the Muk! I baked the cupcakes so you would see Alolan Muk's signature colours when you cut them open, and I also decorated the tops with layers of icing, plus white chocolate/mini marshmallows for the toxic crystals. I'm really proud of the final result!

~Psychic

Old December 16th, 2016 (5:03 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

I made sugar cookies with friends, and of course I had to do Pokemon! Here’s Ralts, Alolan Diglett, Alolan Exeggutor, Shinx, Swablu, Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio! Ralts, Swablu and Litten are my favourites.

This was my second time ever decorating sugar cookies (the first time being my Substitute doll cookies), and first time decorating freehand using my own designs! I'm really happy with the results! :>

~Psychic

Old December 23rd, 2016 (1:46 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

I made a ton of cookies for an online Secret Santa for the podcast My Brother, My Brother and Me. I had some leftovers cookies, so here's what I made! A few of these were also gifts for friends, but they were all fun to freehand. :D

Here's Rowlet, Munchlax, Pikachu, a Substitute doll, the Mass Effect N7 logo, and Pearl from Steven Universe. Pearl looks like she's from the Simpsons' universe, but otherwise I'm pretty proud of my first humanoid character!

~Psychic

Old December 24th, 2016 (12:25 AM).
            <span style=
            • PokéCommunity Daily
            • Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
            OH, these are cute and tasty looking!
            I LOVE your Rowlet cookies - so cute and just using the shape of the cookie for the design is so adorable and well thought out!

DeviantART . Tumblr . Art Tumblr .
            Twitter
            Illustrator . Animator
            Ex-Mod of Art & Design
            Artist on PC Daily
            Rika . Nina . Kyle

Old December 31st, 2016 (7:50 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Anastasia.R View Post
            OH, these are cute and tasty looking!
            I LOVE your Rowlet cookies - so cute and just using the shape of the cookie for the design is so adorable and well thought out!
            Thank you so very much!

:D I'm glad you like the Rowlet cookies so much, thank you! I liked that they were simple and easy to make, plus I love Rowlet! <3

Happy end of 2016 and start to 2017, all! Here are some little Santa Chus inspired by Pokémon GO to help ring in the new year!

The Pikachu heads are pound cake dyed yellow in a Pikachu-shaped mold, and the Santa hats are strawberries with vanilla icing and sugar for the white trim, plus half a mini marshmallow for the pom pom!

~Psychic

Old January 6th, 2017 (4:18 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

I made Pokémon-themed malasadas! Ever since I first saw the malasada shop in the Pokémon Sun and Moon demo, I was fascinated! Of course, the beautiful colours of the malasadas in the shop windows completely sparked my imagination, so I had to make not only rainbow malasadas, but malasadas based on Pokémon!

I made the malasadas from scratch and then made the Pokémon features with coloured white chocolate! I posted more photos, as well as in-progress shots, here on my Tumblr!

~Psychic

Old January 8th, 2017 (10:31 AM).
            • Platinum Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
            -snip-
            Wow, even your photography is getting better! :D I really love the chocolate addition, espeically the bulbasuar bulb and the charmander tail. You're becoming a very good decorator and I'm happy to see it, your designs are always creative! You can still work on your drawing and clean lines, but it's still very good.
            The New Crew

Old January 27th, 2017 (11:02 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

Quote:
            Wow, even your photography is getting better! :D I really love the chocolate addition, espeically the bulbasuar bulb and the charmander tail. You're becoming a very good decorator and I'm happy to see it, your designs are always creative! You can still work on your drawing and clean lines, but it's still very good.
            Thank you so much! I really appreciate getting any critique, so thank you for taking the time.

Funnily enough, my partner was in charge of the photography, and also made the Kanto trio chocolate details! (I made the Pikachu and Alolan starters.) My partner also helped with coming up with the Kanto designs, so I really can't take all the credit, haha. I have passed on your message and they really appreciated it, though!

I made Alolan Dugtrio brownie bites! These cuties are brownies and chocolate custard in a chocolate shell, with chocolate eyes and noses and spun sugar hair! It’s all all served on rock candy and crushed Oreos!

These were a really fun little experiment I had wanted to try for awhile, and I like the result! I also learned that sugar is not easy to work with, and I am very glad I wore gloves, haha!

~Psychic

Old February 1st, 2017 (5:51 PM).
            Really and truly
            • Silver Tier

I've been pretty busy over the past few days with more desserts to show off!

Going in chronological order or when I made them, here's my first triple-decker and first single-serve cake! The Batman symbol is made of chocolate, and the background props were all borrowed from my sister, haha.

A Neko Atsume chocolate cake for a good friend! Featuring buttercream versions of her favourite kitties - Gabriel, Pepper, Fred, Socks, Lexy, and Pickles! It's been awhile since I last did a buttercream transfer, and the cats were perfect subjects.

Alolan and standard Meowth sugar cookies! To get the nice grey colour for the Alolan Meowth, I separated some of the cookie dough and dyed it with black food colouring. I printed out a Meowth face template (with just the face and ears), and used that as a stencil to cut my dough. I then cut out little strips of dough and cut one end into a point to make each Meowth’s six whiskers, plus a round piece of dough for the coin. It wasn’t a fast process, but I got the hang of it eventually!

And a second shot at using my 3D-printed cat Pokémon cookie cutters! This time went a lot better, but still not perfect. It’s hard to get the dough out of these things. I have to push the dough out of the cookie cutters using my fingers or a toothpick, but you can’t even fit a toothpick in some spots, like Mew’s tail or Mewtwo’s arm.

Thanks for reading!

~Psychic

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links