The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Art & Design
Gallery Psychic's Nerdy Food Gallery

Art & Design For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Old February 14th, 2017 (11:44 PM).
Really and truly

Nature: Bold

I made edible Pikachu pairs for Valentine's Day!

The Pikachu heads are pound cake dyed yellow in a Pikachu-shaped mold, and the tails are cookies dyed the same shade of yellow! I made a little template of male and female Pikachu tails and used those to cut each cookie.

I made the hearts with milk and white chocolate using a mold, and each colour has a different candy filling. :D

~Psychic

Click the Bulbasaur cupcake to check out my nerdy desserts thread!

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 15th, 2017 (4:21 PM).
striving for life
DSC

Nature: Brave
Heyyyy I think I have that pikachu shaper actually! I like that you have the male and female tails as well, I think those are very sweet.

See my art here!
Freelance Illustrator
Paired to Captain Ellie
Sister to: Rika & Ana
My sons: Kyle & Zappy
Moderator of Art & Design
The New CrewPC Discord
Old February 20th, 2017 (8:27 PM).
Really and truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
Heyyyy I think I have that pikachu shaper actually! I like that you have the male and female tails as well, I think those are very sweet.
Ohhhh nice! This is the mold I have, it's from Japan! Do you have the same one? I know ThinkGeek also released one recently that I kind of want (even though it would be super redundant)...

Thank you! I made a template of the Pikachu tails using Photoshop, cut it out, and traced that in the raw cookie dough to get the shapes! :>

~Psychic

Old February 26th, 2017 (10:31 PM).
Really and truly

Today is Pokemon's 21st anniversary! To celebrate, I made a cute little Pikachu out of milk and white chocolate based on the Festive Chu currently in Pokemon GO!

~Psychic

Old February 27th, 2017 (5:04 PM).
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline

These are cute!

Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!

It has all the current pokes. And More!!
Lost of variety of things to do while playing. See how high you can level your poke past 100?
Whats the rarest poke you can find!!
*New features have been added~*
Hope to see ya there :D
Old February 28th, 2017 (8:18 AM).
puking rainbows

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
~Psychic
Please cater my next birthday, and also my wedding, and my funeral.

You've really got a knack for this sort of thing, and I absolutely love the Pikachu Valentines. My only criticism concerns consistency: in repeated dishes, like your Meowth cookies, they tend to look a bit messy and unsymmetrical. Being able to streamline your design might be just the thing to really bring these desserts to life and look more official!

I can't wait to see what else you're going to make!
Pair
-
Underground
-
Roleplay Theatre
-
Credits
Old February 28th, 2017 (8:07 PM).
Really and truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
These are cute!
Thank you so much! Was there anything you liked in particular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's Kiyo? View Post
Please cater my next birthday, and also my wedding, and my funeral.

You've really got a knack for this sort of thing, and I absolutely love the Pikachu Valentines. My only criticism concerns consistency: in repeated dishes, like your Meowth cookies, they tend to look a bit messy and unsymmetrical. Being able to streamline your design might be just the thing to really bring these desserts to life and look more official!

I can't wait to see what else you're going to make!
Ahaha, I would so love to cater for you if you lived nearby!

Thank you so much! Yeah, it definitely bugs me that I can't always get everything looking A) perfect, and B) consistent. I am a total perfectionist and can often spend hours on a given piece, but there definitely comes a point where I just have to get it done if I don't want the food to become unappetizing or go to bed crazy late or miss the birthday party I'm bringing the piece to. The Meowth were especially tough since the whiskers were so delicate and finicky! I don't mind my work looking homemade (since it is!) but I definitely do want it to look more professional. Part of that is definitely going to involve better time management!

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, I really appreciate it! :D

~Psychic

Old March 3rd, 2017 (1:40 PM).
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D's Avatar
The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D is offline

The gastlys are reaally cool!

Hey guys, I think you would enjoy a Pokemon RPG: Pokemon Eclipse!

It has all the current pokes. And More!!
Lost of variety of things to do while playing. See how high you can level your poke past 100?
Whats the rarest poke you can find!!
*New features have been added~*
Hope to see ya there :D
Old March 11th, 2017 (4:46 PM).
Really and truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legacy of The Legends Creator :D View Post
The gastlys are reaally cool!
Thank you so much! :D I really liked making them for Halloween. I like to be inspired to make food based on holidays, which actually brings me to...

Snorunt hamantaschen!

Today is Purim, a special holiday in the Jewish faith where we celebrate bring saved from death at the hands of an evil man named Haman. To celebrate, we tell the ancient story, give gifts, dress in costumes, drink ourselves silly, and eat hamantaschen!

Hamantaschen, or Oznei Haman, are pastries whose Yiddish and Hebrew names literally translate to “Haman’s ears” or “Haman’s pockets.” They’re made with a thick dough and a filling centre, cut unto circles and folded up. Popular fillings include poppy seed, prune, date, apricot, jam, and chocolate.

I’ve never made hamantaschen before, but I wanted to give it a shot, and of course I had to put my own twist on it, so I made them look like Snorunt!

To do this, I made my dough using this recipe and coloured it both yellow and orange. Using cookie cutters, I cut the yellow into a simple circle, and cut the orange into a sort of ring using two different sized cutters. I then attached the yellow circle and orange ring. For the fillings, I used Nutella, plus a little bit of home-made cookie dough filling to make the mouth.

Once baked, it was time to decorate! I made tiny blue eyes using blue Winton candy melts, putting some in the microwave and making little dots for eyes until they hardened. The hands and feet are made of a delicious mixture of Oreo crumbs, chocolate icing, and a bit of Nutella, rolled into balls and chilled in the fridge. I attached these with some melted white chocolate. Lastly, I used a black food colour marker to make the teeth.

They were definitely not easy to make, and they're not as neat as I would have liked, but I'm pretty proud that I pulled it off!

~Psychic

Old March 24th, 2017 (8:50 PM).
Really and truly

I made mini Power Ranger cakes for two birthdays! When sniffing out ideas for the guys’ cakes, I learned they both love Power Rangers! So I made their two favourite Rangers: The Blue Ranger from Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers and the Wolf Ranger from Power Rangers Jungle Fury.

The cakes are each three layers of chocolate cake, separated with blue and purple buttercream respectively! The helmets are made of melted white and milk chocolate. I’m honestly super impressed with how the mouth area on Blue came out! I was initially going to make his lips white, but I didn’t like the look of it, so I scraped it off and used white for the highlights around the lips instead. Just enough of the original white remained that it created a really cool effect! I’m really happy with the results, and plan to keep making more mini cakes!

~Psychic

Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:09 PM).
Really and truly

I got my first-ever cookie commission! A friend commissioned me to make cookies of his partner's favourite characters!

Here’s Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, Munchlax from Pokémon, and Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon!

I was a bit nervous making these since I have less experience with cookies, but they were all characters I know and like, so I was excited to take it on! My partner helped me with every step of the process, so it was a real collaboration. My partner made the Munchlax cookies, and I made most of the Stitch and Toothless ones. We alternated making some of the shapes and details. I’m pretty proud of how they came out!

~Psychic

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links