• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rock Solid

What feature do you most look forward to in a hack?

• More Legendaries available

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Unique features

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Stronger storyline

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • More RPG elements

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • More Adventure elements

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • New Pokémon

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • New Moves

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
ROCKSOLID-2.png

This is a hack of Fire-Red set in post-war Kanto. This is a game for those who don't mind braving the desolate wastelands for their victory.

When I'm finished, I will have this list be true, as these are all the planned elements.

• No less than 11 hours of gameplay time
  • Unique stories for each gender
  • Making items from recipes
  • 6 new out-of-battle pokemon moves
  • Twice the size of the Kanto Region, with ecosystem style pokemon habitats
  • All pokemon from first three generations catchable
  • Wild Pokemon in some regions as high as level 80
  • 12 Fighting Dojos which grant unique TMs
  • Making TMs from recipes
This is a highly ambitious attempt, but I have no desire to try for less than I first envisioned, so if any adventurous spriters or artists of any sort wish to take part, I urge you to contact me via PM, so that I may give greater detail and integrate you into the process.

NEEDED HELP

• OW spriter
  • Tiler
  • Game Testers (yes. We're at that point already. This game will have many MANY releases so that a select number of the fans can have their say on how we are doing so that the best gaming experience can be delivered)
  • As many enthusiastic fans as I can draw for future testing and general fan-support style things
TEAM MEMBERS

Korronensu: Concept head, Lead Mapper
Score_Under: Lead Scripter
CutiePie2121: Lead Spriter
Mac_mini: Rom Base Leader
Druyii: Audio Leader
Ecthelion: Lead Naturalist
Aljam: Assistant Mapper
Gundam-Fighter: Game Tester Male (Starting from Alpha 2)
Magical Wonton: Game Tester Male (Starting from Alpha 2)
Lilbittygoat: Game Tester Female (Starting from Alpha 2)
Poke-Random: Game Tester Male (Starting from Alpha 2)

I'd also like as much fan-input as I can get, so if you've got that craving for something new in your pokemon games, tell me what you want, and I'll scratch it down for consideration. Touching that fist-pumping, hyper-energized part of your gaming experience is what I'm aiming for, so tell me what gets your blood boiling, and I'll do my best to give you the scorcher you've been waiting for.

Thank you.

MAPS

Coming Soon

POKEMON CHANGES

Coming Soon

RECIPE GUIDE

Spoiler:

BETA RELEASE

Coming Later

STORY

Oh, please! Like I'd give away that!

HISTORY

Spoiler:

USERBAR

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2008
First Post! Awsome gameplay Time!
Finally something that I wont finish after 2 hours :]
Dojos - Awsome
Tms making - Even more Awsome!
CanI be a beta tester :D?
Good luck on finding a good team , too bad I dont have a clue on Fan-game creating.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
You could have something like Amity square in DP, which only lets some Pokémon out...
This is interesting, I have to say. Also, it depends on what effects you want to give different moves. Some will be easier than others.
Making TM's is a very interesting idea...
Can I use it?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You could have something like Amity square in DP, which only lets some Pokémon out...
This is interesting, I have to say. Also, it depends on what effects you want to give different moves. Some will be easier than others.
Can I use it?

Yeah, exactly, that's a great idea!

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Can I use it?

Sure, as long as you help me get it to work first XD.
But seriously guys... I have been trying to understand scripting with no success, so if anyone can help, PLEASE DO! I'm begging ya... I'm not gifted in that area. I'm the concept guy.

Last edited:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Your help was great, but still, there are things that I am not (and will not be for a long time) capable of doing in scripting. I'm still eagerly looking for adventurous scripters who aren't afraid to expand on reality.

EDIT: Wow... that's depressing. 96 views, and only three different users say a word... PLEASE COMMENT PEOPLES?!

Even if you aren't interested in hoisting any of the weight, I need to know if you people are going to want what I'm making. I really want to wow some peoples, so if my current ideas won't work, I'll try some new ones.

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Good luck and I hope to see screens of your work.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
WONDERFUL NEWS! I now have a collaborator with me. Score_Under is now the Scripter for Project Rock Solid.

I still need a good spriter and tiler.

To be more specific on tilers, though I will accept the help of anyone with more skill with tiling than me (remember, adventurous is key), I am specifically calling out to any tilers out there with a love for desert and wasteland environments.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Spoiler:

Map errors on second layer of mountain, and that multi-house-thing looks really weird.

You should probably use a ROM base.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Spoiler:

Map errors on second layer of mountain, and that multi-house-thing looks really weird.

You should probably use a ROM base.
There's a good excuse for the tile errors...
Spoiler:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Finally, I managed to make a userbar. Show your support for the next epic Pokemon Adventure/RPG by plastering that little guy to your signature. All appreciation and support will be much appreciated, as me and my teammate Score_Under have put the rubber to the road. GET PSYCHED, FOLKS! The age of epic, bone-crunching, earth rending pokemon is upon us!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
By the way, userbar code is: (copy-and-paste)
Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160766"][IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43953&stc=1&d=1228342000[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

Last edited:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I also like the high level pokemon :D.

I figured somebody would. That was a big complaint of mine with all the pokemon games was the lack of challenge the world itself presented. Sure... some trainers were sorta hard to take on, but even the elite four is a pushover after you get to a certain level. Battle frontier made up for some of that, but still, I like the idea of some places being just dang tough to survive, and You're sure to see that in my game. Several "Islands" in the game will require you spend some money on recovery items, or at least have a darned good strategy to survive. Don't expect the standard maxed out speed and attack/special attack to save you. :rambo:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
More userbars specifically designed for team members in project Rock Solid. More advertising art on its way.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
A very ambisious idea
It looks very good
The wa ou could make items from recipes is by Check Item and Remove Item
Good Luck
BTW if ou need any scripting help i can help

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Thanks for the offer, mac, but my associate Score_Under is the current scripter. But I'll ask him if he needs help or maybe a substitute when his classes get thick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back