• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angst Angst Angst Angst

Pokehead

Pokedex 50% complete. 246 left
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 31, 2010
Music. If I have to cry, I cry. Talking about it is what works best.

What makes it go out of whack, seeing other people do better than me at stuff I wanna do good at, feeling I've wasted my teen years, and people not taking me seriously.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
My mum when she mishears & pretends she hears so she nods her head at me saying something like "so what's for dinner?" xD
People who frame me for something I havn't done..
Oh plenty.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Looking in the mirror. D; My mum telling me that I look like my dad when I pull certain expressions. My family reminding me that I spend too much time playing video games and I need to grow up. o;

I just put on a brave face and let it eat away at me. XD; Yay for hating myself.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thankfully I outgrew most of the more generalized teen-angst (and no longer like a lot of the angstier songs I liked as a teen), but man, I can still angst about stuff even though I'm no teen.

Some of it is stuff that's arguably my fault anyway, like not being as good as I should be at art, which is due in large part to not being motivated and not practicing enough. I still can't help but feel angsty and jealous of all the great artists I admire, and not just for their talent, either.

Other stuff is kind of out of my hands, like falling in love when I don't want to and not being able to make it stop because the dude in question wants nothing to do with me, but obviously I can't make another person feel what they don't feel, so I'm stuck. I've been on the other end of that stick, too. It all sucks. Can't I just enjoy college and building my own life, and worry about that crap later? Apparently not. :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Angst... seems like an awful cliché. I don't and never have, and even if I have, 'angsting' is certainly not the term I'd apply to it.

Ayselipera

From time to time it happens, but I just cry it out when I'm alone. Then I feel fully refreshed!

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
Yes.

Periods.

A variable cocktail of Toblerone, Kit-Kat, and Twix.

This is my favorite response to this thread. You win, a lot.

Well whatever you call it, angst or other, I feel it torwards my current living situation with my parents. I'm a High School graduate and about to start college, but I won't legally be an adult for another year. I love my parents, but I don't want to live with them. I don't want to answer to them. And I really just want to start my own life.

EDIT: I'm in the stage that I like to call Inbetweenus Angstus.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
Years
I generally feel angst once a month from periods. The solution for me is to either take some painkiller, sleep, take a warm shower, or practically hold someone at gunpoint until they go to the store and buy me a Mr. Goodbar and king sized peanut M&Ms. D:

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
Eh. I'm not sure how to respond to this. Lately, I've been dealing with a lot of **** like my parents being irresponsible ****s that get us evicted every six months or less, my parents being irresponsible ****s that cause my sister to attend public school when she could get a free ride to private school because they won't fill out a ****ing financial aid form, my parents being irresponsible ****s by choosing to sell morphine instead of getting actual jobs, having my ex message me in the middle of the ****ing niht because she feels like **** and wants me to help her deal with it (which I always do, unfortunately), and just the general depression that accompanied leaving behind the only ****ing place on this planet that I ever felt like a human being in.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I generally feel angst once a month from periods. The solution for me is to either take some painkiller, sleep, take a warm shower, or practically hold someone at gunpoint until they go to the store and buy me a Mr. Goodbar and king sized peanut M&Ms. D:

Wow, I never imagined periods being so bad!
I am glad I am a guy. Heheh.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
Years
The place where I live. The whole mentality this area breeds is so friggin stupid and childish it's pathetic. I'm so glad to be leaving for California or Minnesota at the end of this year.

Back