• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Oh guys and gal, I'm on vacation atm in Georgia visiting my grandma and cousins. So I wouldn't be able to post anything for awhile until Monday (hopefully). :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
try out

Name
Alex Felix Xavior

Sex
Male

Dorm
Entei

Appearance
tell can post it

Personality
Alex is always happy but silent person. He doesnt speak to anyone
unless he has something to contribute or not at all bc he just loves to
listen and now everyone is happy. he tries to confert his friends when
they are mad, sad, or fustrated. when he gets that way though he tries
to shut everyone out so he can deal with it himself so he can not get
his friends involved.

History
Alex grew up without a mother in the town of pallet. His father always
had to go out to work in the kanto region and sometimes in the other
regions also, so Alex was home alone alot. One day his father brought
home a pokemon Egg when he was at the Unova Region it was the farthest
he has been from his father and he wanted to give Alex a gift for being
a good boy. A deino had hatched from the egg and it was the start of
Alex Adventures. Deino and Alex came close friends exploring the bits
of places out side pallet town. but his father didnt like the idea of
his son going out in the world so he tried to keep them at home. Alex
was mad at his father for trying to stop him from being a trainer like
he always wanted but thats when a few of local people talked to his
father and he agreed to some freedom and alex finally was able to go

for becoming a pokemon trainer.

Pokémon 1
Deino
Personality
He is very protective of his trainer
Lvl(Max 25):
Moves:
Bite
Dark pulse
Dragon pulse
Headbutt
Work up
Scary Face

Pokémon 2
Chimchar
Personality
He is very Energenic and a trouble maker
Lvl(Max 25):
Moves:
Ember
Flamewheel
Double kick
Dig
Bulk up
fury swips

Pokémon 3
Beldum
Personality
Quiet and obediant never disobeays orders.
Lvl(Max 25):
Moves:
Takedown

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@ShayShayTheShaymin: Congrats, you're accepted!

@Ztar: Thanks! It'll take a bit of time for me to get a hold of Megaman765 for a second opinion on your app.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
rp

i wanted to a one on one traveling rp thing but i have to do this XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Before I post,can I be told where everybody is? EDIT:Never mind,I'll just wing it.

I have my student character Danielle at the cafeteria at the moment, while I have my teacher character Megan leaving the beach and grabbing some grub. I was thinking of steering Megan to the dock and have her notice an evening boat arriving Oak Island, and maybe that's where you come in?

Megan hasn't interacted with anyone except my own character, so this is my chance :D

NicholasGB

Poke trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Nicholas stone
Male
Four person 2 on 2 battle
I'll get these last four in a diff post

Dawn

Years
@silverexorcist: Sure!~ Go ahead and work on your SU.

@ztar: Alright--I was unable to get ahold of Megaman765 so I'm going to go on ahead and give you an answer. Unfortunately an appearance of some sort is required--If something is getting in the way of posting links I might recommend PMing me a picture. I have no idea what Skymin's stance on bypassing the no-link posting rule here, but if you ask me it'd be a great idea not to test those waters through trial and error.

Additionally your personality and history are somewhat short... Did you manually linebreak to reach the line limit? That's... um... cheating. o_o; In all seriousness though, I remove formatting when reviewing the length. I would heavily encourage you to expand on his personality and history more. It may seem like a pain, but developing your character more will make him easier to RP down the road, which will result in a funner experience.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Aloin D'Argent

Nickname: "Martial Priest"

Sex: Male

Job: Head of Disciplinary Committee and part time grounds keeper.

Appearance: Aloin has short, loosely styled blonde hair, light-blue eyes, and wears priest-like attire that makes him resemble somewhat of a Monk. He wears a white shawl that encompasses all around the upper part of his body from his neck to elbow length. He then wears a Deacon's cross with a Pokéball hanging from it instead of an actual cross. Under the shawl is a black, ecclesiastical robe. The sleeves of the robe have kanji meaning "Hoenn" on each of them. The front of the robe also has a portion made of grey fabric that almost makes the robe look like a double-breasted overcoat. This section of the robe has six visible black buttons on it that are symmetrically separated on opposite sides of the grey part to the robe. These buttons also have his nation symbol as a design. Aloin finally wears a pair of black pants, high boots, and a white Zucchetto for a hat.

Aloin has light blonde short hair that never poses any problems; it's cut low enough that it cannot be grabbed easily, nor does it get in his eyes, nor does it take him an obnoxiously long amount of time to wash it. Aloin's eyes as a light grey and he has sharp features that can make him intimidating at times.

A reference picture: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8197&pictureid=65414

Personality: Aloin received his nickname because of his strict, yet kind, personality. Aloin is often very terse and blatant, always reprimanding students fiercely when they are caught breaking the rules in anyway, and always gives them the required punishment without a second thought. At the same time, he is very tolerant and understanding, willing to listen to people who come to him with problems and offer advice. While he does not condone rules being broken, whether they are the school rules or general rules followed anywhere, he prioritizes a person's well-being above them, remaining resiliant to protect the students and allies alike. He has a tendency to face adversity with eager excitement, wishing to shatter through it with willpower that is manifested in physical combat. Though Aloin denies being reffered to as a 'fighting type master', he and his pokemon are experts in many martial arts and fighting techniques to combat any situation.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What washe/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their Pokémon?): Aloin was born and raised within Foretree, Hoenn, where he spent his childhood climbing high trees and playing with all sorts of forest Pokémon. He has always been an active person and enjoys the company of others who share his love of heights. After he turned ten, he decided to go on a Pokémon journey and travel to see the world beyond the tree houses he lived in. He was given a Makuhita as a gift from his father for his birthday, and this Makuhita became his partner Pokémon throughout his journey. Aloin traveled across the entire region, challenging gym leaders up to the point of reaching Tate and Liza. But he got involved in affairs related to Team Aquad and Team Magma, and had to put his journey on hold for the time being as he struggled to help contain the chaos Groudon and Kyogre created upon release. Though he didn't play a particularly significant role in stopping the chaos, he was able to stop many of the Magma Grunts from assisting their superiors by holding them back with his own Pokémon. While his own Pokemon were undeniably stronger than the Magma Grunts', he was exposed to overwhelming numbers. Aloin was always accustomed to fair numbers, as he himself follows a code of honor, and faced difficulties fending off so many at a time. It was an experience he would never forget. The amount of energy and passion he exerted into the fight was beyond anything he had felt before. It was through that long battle as the elements raged around him that Aloin truly bonded with his Hariyama. By the end of the fight, the two were almost fighting as one, their minds and actions so finely tuned through empathy, that Aloin was unsure if he was even giving coherent commands, or if Hariyama had even waited to hear them.

After those events subsided, Aloin devoted himself to helping his hometown, Foretree, recover from the damage, thus missing out on entering the annual Pokémon League, twice. At the end of the second year, Foretree was finally restored to the point that Aloin no longer needed to stay. Aloin immediately challenged Winona, the gym leader, to a battle, wishing to vent out the uselessness he'd suffered two years earlier, frustrated that though he had finally merged with his pokemon in mind and spirit, he was not able to do more. Though their last battle had ended with Aloin's victory, it was an almost effortless victory for Winona, who was furious by the end of it. She reprimanded Aloin for having lost his 'edge', saying that though he had never suffered a serious loss before, he was acting as if he could not win. In order to find his 'edge' again, Aloin left on a pilgrimage alone, only bringing his Hariyama with him. He traveled from Hoenn to several other regions, capture new fighting type Pokémon and training nonstop until he finally came to the Pokémon Academy, where he was offered a job. Aloin continues to reminisce about his time as a traveling trainer, wistful about having never finished his journey to challenge the Pokemon League.

(Heracles) Hariyama lvl 50: Arm thrust, vital throw, force palm, bulkup, knock off, whirlwind

(Lin-Lin) Medicham lvl 49: Psycho cut, bulk up, brick break, power trick, psyche up, thunder punch

(Hsien-Shao) Mienshao lvl 47: Wide guard, u-turn, jump kick, meditate, detect, drain punch

(Rocky Balboa) Breloom lvl 45: Mach punch, dynamic punch, seed bomb, mindreader, leech seed, stun spore

(D'Artagnan) Gallade 42: Psycho cut, heal pulse, leaf blade, fury cutter, memento, dual chop

By the way, I don't know if you mentioned this somewhere already (if you did, I'm sorry to say that I must have overlooked it :/) But are pokemon abilities and items involved as well?

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@silverexorcist: Oh yes--This looks lovely! You're accepted, and may begin posting as soon as you wish. Also, in response to your question. All abilities are available to all pokemon and you may handle them how you please. Dream World abilities are considered regular abilities.

Items are fully there, however using manual healing items during battle is not a legit strategy as any pokemon strong enough to warrant the use of them will simply overpower the healing effects and/or KO the active pokemon.

They do make an /excellent/ alternative to making your character visit a pokemon center after every battle though. Non-healing items work as intended and need no real further comment behind not using any items paired to legendary pokemon. |P

Dawn

Years
@CrumbledCandyWrapper: Yes, and yes.

The official limits are that you can have up to 2 students and up to 1 teacher for a maximum of 3 characters. Neither your second nor third character take up a spot on the available spots list, so they can be anywhere you want.

@Everyone: I've removed the RPer cap for now to allow more RPers to join, as you may have noticed. I will, as in the past, be trying to keep the three dorms of equal amounts by only increasing the cap once all three are full, though.

I haven't been booting inactives because of a huge, very powerful storm that swept across America recently, taking a terrifying amount of people's power / internet with it. I will however be starting to enforce that again soon.

Also, don't forget to put your pokemon teams on the Etherpad. A link to the etherpad is located on the first page.

In other news, whom would like an evening rocket spy to manhandle mischief up their day?

Last edited:

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
2nd character

I would be happy to have one of my (now two) characters deal with a Rocket Spy ^^ Would give me something to do, since I'm new and all.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Name: Oliver Charles Smith

Nickname(s): Ollie, Charlie, Smith.

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei Dorm

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Oliver stands at a respectable 5'6", even taller if you include his hair. His hair is an icy shade of blue, and is spike upwards very delicately, a feat Oliver spends a lot of time each day to accomplish. Oliver's eyes are of a slightly paler blue than that of his hair, and lie underneath his thin eyebrows that match his hair. His nose is thin and average length, and the same could be said about the boys ears. His mouth naturally pulls up at the corners, making it appear as he is always happy. Oliver's skin is a pale tone, a feature he has inhabited from his parents. His physique is very slim, so much so that when he breathes in you can see the outline of his rib cage.

Oliver is often seen donning his trademark hoodie. This treasured piece of clothing is dual coloured; the top half being a pale orange colour, the lower being a darker shade that could be confused for red. The material is a cotton like material, which both makes the jacket comfortable to wear, and appealing to look at. Two strings fall from the neck, and can be used for adjusting the hood. This jacket is worn over a close fitting t-shirt, which is coloured a washed-out white. The t-shirt is plain, not covered in extravagant designs as was currently in fashion. Olivers legs are often covered by a pair of skinny jeans, which were sprayed black before he purchased them. Despite detesting them at first, Oliver has grown fond of the jeans and will wear them whenever possible. On his feet are a pair of worn-out, red converse of the low top variety. On his left wrist is a bracelet, decorated with black beads. Occasionally, Oliver carries around a green backpack, with yellow designs on it to carry around goods that are necessary. This item was given to him by his older brother when he returned from his Pokémon travels in Kanto.

Personality: Oliver grew up in an upper-middle family containing his mother and father, his older brother (Derek) and himself. Derek and Oliver were often around Pokémon when they were younger as both of their parents were Pokémon trainers in their younger days. As a result, both Derek and Oliver began to gain a bond with Pokémon from a very young age. This has stuck by Oliver for a long time, and he sees Pokémon as his equals rather than tools. Oliver is an outgoing character who enjoys social interaction as much as he enjoys battling with his partners, a lot. He has an abundance of confidence and doesn't often feel embarrassed, often laughing off any time he is mocked, which is seldom. The male seems to think he is somewhat of a womanizer, yet often fails in his attempts to attract girls. He also believes he has incredible potential, and this is justified due to him being mentored by both his father and Whitney. Oliver also fails to predict the consequences of his actions, which often results in him getting into trouble a lot of the time. Despite his recklessness, Oliver often succeeds in his goals as he is a very determined individual. Oliver enjoys being the center of attention, but that is if, and only if, he earns it fairly. He loves receiving praise and often goes out of his way to receive it.

History: Oliver grew up in the largest city of Johto, known as Goldenrod. As a result of the hustle and bustle of the area, Oliver was offered very little freedom while he was young. However, he wasn't without social interaction. Oliver often spent his time playing with his older brother, Derek, and his parents Pokémon. From a young age, Oliver had always gotten on with his parents, they very rarely argued as Oliver thought his parents were only looking out for him, which was true. Upon Derek's 14th birthday was allowed to journey the region with his Pokémon, the male received a Totodile from Professor Elm and began his journey around the region. Oliver, two years junior to his older brother became very jealous of his brother and began to try and convince him mum and dad to let him start his journey earlier than his brother, to which they refused.

However, they gave Oliver a Pokémon egg, the offspring of his fathers Zangoose and his mothers Ursaring. The male took the egg with glee, and it hatched not too long after into a Teddiursa. The Little Bear Pokémon was showered with love by Oliver and the pair immediately had a loving friendship. Over the next two years, Oliver began training alongside his father, and later alongside Whitney, the local gym leader of the region. As both Oliver and Teddiursa became more experienced, their bond grew stronger . Whitney offered the role of a Gym Trainer to Oliver, but the male declined, wanting to travel the region. His brother returned from his journey in Kanto soon after and was challenged to a battle by Oliver, the latter losing somewhat emphatically. However, the loss was taken with a pinch of a salt. Just as Oliver was preparing to start his journey, his parents revealed that he was going to The Pokémon Trainer Academy to train instead, much to the dismay of Oliver.

Pokémon:

216.gif

Species: Teddiursa
Nickname: -
Personality: Teddiursa is a very caring Pokémon, and will protect Oliver at all costs. The pair seem to have an unbreakable bond, and the Tediurssa will always obey its trainer no matter what. He loves to eat.
Level: 22
Moves: Close Combat (egg), Swords Dance (TM), Covet, Fake Tears, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack.

044f.gif

Species: Gloom
Personality: Gloom is a carefree Pokémon, much more energetic than your average Gloom. The Grass type enjoys playing in both the sunshine and rain. It occasionally refuses to listen to Oliver in battle when it gets too worked up. She is a team player and is the strongest member of the team.
Level: 24
Moves: Razor Leaf (egg), Solarbeam (TM), Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Mega Drain.

179.gif

Species: Mareep
Personality: Mareep is a very sheepish character (excuse the terrible pun). She is very shy, and has a very strong dislike for being in the spotlight. The Electric type enjoys the sport of battling however, and is a very loyal Pokémon.
Level: 21
Moves: Agility (egg), Thunderbolt (TM), Thunder Wave, Thundershock, Take Down, Charge.

Hoping this is good enough, if the Entei dorm is taken I'll accept any of the others as well. Let me know if anything needs editing.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
YELLOW. THROW A ROCKET TO MEGAN. I think that'll give me some writing (and interaction) since I'm waiting for Greiger and Megaman to post. xD Gives me something to do. :)

also yay for spots opening! I know someone who would love to join this RP.

Dawn

Years
@silverexorcist: Very well--Your second character is approved! If you'd be so kind as to let me know which character you'd like to have approached, or let me know that it doesn't matter, I'll send 'someone' your way. |P

@Crumbled: Nope! Your second and third characters do not take up available spots. The restrictions on your first character is honestly mostly a method of trying to keep the dorms of relatively equal volume.

@TurkishDelight: Congratulations, you're approved and may start RPing as you wish.

@Megaman90: Invite them!~ And alright. I'll see what I can do, given that I'm waiting on people to post as well and can therefore probably handle the strain of playing a couple of extra characters meanwhile (...I sure hope this doesn't hilariously bite me. |D)

@Everyone: Megaman765's internet has been temporarily incapacitated by unknown forces. Because Skype Mobile is a terrible program that makes it very difficult for us to communicate via phone I'll be taking the entire load of the RP onto my shoulders for the moment being. I would presume he won't be gone for an extended period of time.

I'd like to start by reminding everyone that we're kind of huge, so it's a good idea to talk to other RPers oocly so that you don't get lost in a sea of posts that aren't necessarily relevant to your character's story. (The story you're writing as we speak, that is.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back