• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I don't know what is a good move set for my Dragonite.
im using it for my story game not competitive so please help me out

Move set:
Outrage
superpower/hyper beam
thunder/thunderpunch
and dragon dance or surf

I got this: Pure Physical Sweeper.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Adamant
EV: 4HP/176 Attack/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage(although you can use Dragon Claw if don't like confusing yourself, or Dragon Rush for a flincher chance)
Rock Slide

if you're worried about Focus Blast's Accuracy , you might need to use Hidden Power Fighting Over it , but you will miss the 2HKO on chansey =/.

I'm not running into Chansey's, 'cause they rare. The reason I don't use HP 'cause they're sometimes unpredictable. I'll use it anyway.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I got this: Pure Physical Sweeper.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Adamant
EV: 4HP/176 Attack/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage(although you can use Dragon Claw if don't like confusing yourself, or Dragon Rush for a flincher chance)
Rock Slide

Why would he not max out his EVs and put the rest in attack? O.O

And Fire Punch/Blast is vastly superior to Rock Slide in terms of coverage. And on top of that, Salamence outclasses DD Nite in every way, the only reason I didn't suggest that is because he said it was in-game, so anything will work really.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
^ reasons?
1. Don't have the time, because I'm currently a working student.
2. It's not in Platinum, which I'll be probably getting this X-mas
3. Fire-Blast is more innacurate than RS, and I'm nunning out of TMs.
4. Not against Salamence, which of course more superior than D, but less of a "tank"
5. and I forgot it was in game lolz lolz lolz >.<

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
Is this a good Starmie replacement? I'm trying to avoid Starmie because I've used it so many times in the past, I don't want to think that it's my only good option.

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Modest
Torrent
24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Agility

Is a Naughty Infernape just as good as Naive Infernape?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Is this a good Starmie replacement? I'm trying to avoid Starmie because I've used it so many times in the past, I don't want to think that it's my only good option.

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Modest
Torrent
~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Agility

Is a Naughty Infernape just as good as Naive Infernape?

Well, Agility Empoleon is a bit different from Starmie in that you'll probably be using it more late-game sweeping. But sure, you can still use it if you like, it's a pretty effective set.

Naive is better because you want to take advantage of Infernape's high speed. If you EV it correctly, you'll still do plenty of damage with physical attacks. Granted, if you're running a pure physical attacking set, Jolly is usually preferred, but for a mixed set, Naive is the best nature.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
Thanks so much for your help! I'll use Empoleon. Naive Infernape it is!

What's better for a Special Sweeping Lucario? Modest or Timid?

**EDIT**
I've been doing a bit more researching and I was wondering how this would be for Empoleon:

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Modest
Torrent
~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Brine

It seems reasonable to be because the Life Orb recoil will eventually get me to 50% HP which will double Brine's damage + Life Orb + Torrent.

Also Overheat > Flamethrower on a Nasty Plot MixApe is good, right?

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
What's better for a Special Sweeping Lucario? Modest or Timid?
You outrun Jolly Mamoswine / Dragonite, Jolly Gyarados, Adamant Electivire, Jolly Heracross / Suicune / Kingdra, Timid Rotom-A and Adamant Flygon. Might have missed some. Up to you and what fits for your team, but beating Jolly Gyarados and Timid Rotom-A is pretty nice. (b' ')b

**EDIT**
I've been doing a bit more researching and I was wondering how this would be for Empoleon:

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Modest
Torrent
~ Surf / Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Brine

It seems reasonable to be because the Life Orb recoil will eventually get me to 50% HP which will double Brine's damage + Life Orb + Torrent.
Brine doubles in power when the target's HP is lower than 50%.

Also Overheat > Flamethrower on a Nasty Plot MixApe is good, right?
Definitely not, Fire Blast or Flamethrower works. Overheat lowers the user's SpA by 2, which will make you lose your Nasty Plot boost, hindering your sweep.

I meant an EV Calculator.
There's no such thing. I only assumed that you meant Stat / IV calculator.

Years
You outrun Jolly Mamoswine / Dragonite, Jolly Gyarados, Adamant Electivire, Jolly Heracross / Suicune / Kingdra, Timid Rotom-A and Adamant Flygon. Might have missed some. Up to you and what fits for your team, but beating Jolly Gyarados and Timid Rotom-A is pretty nice. (b' ')b

Brine doubles in power when the target's HP is lower than 50%.

Definitely not, Fire Blast or Flamethrower works. Overheat lowers the user's SpA by 2, which will make you lose your Nasty Plot boost, hindering your sweep.

There's no such thing. I only assumed that you meant Stat / IV calculator.
Aw,dang.I'll never get my team posted in S/M now...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Hey Im Working on A UU/NU Team and I need help making a decision on one of three Bulky Water-Types:

A Sleep Talk D-Dance Lapras
OR
A Spinner Blasroise w/ Mirror Coat

DD Gatr Seems more interesting than DD Lapras , no Fighting Weakness and higher speed .

use Hitmontop for Spinning , you might use Lapras for other purposes

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
Anyone think that they might have a moveset for a special wall/support Wormadam?

PokeRangerPheonix- I say the Blastoise, if you're really deadset on it. If you try Sleep Talk on a DD Lapras, that'll mean that you'll only have one attack move, and it's not hard to switch in on something that can only hit you with one type of move- 25% of the time.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Wormadam-S@Leftovers
Anticipation
Sassy Nature
252 HP/ 128 SpD/128 Def

• Stealth Rock
  • Toxic
  • Gyro Ball
  • Protect
I mean, that's the only shot at any support set you're going to get. SR as fast as possible, try to Toxic/PP Stall with Protect, and use a low speed IV to power up Gyro Ball. I guess you can move some Defense EVs into Special Defense if you're more concerned about special threats.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Im using alot of pokemon who like to setup so I want some paralysis support , I need something that can accoplish this ... thanks.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Im using alot of pokemon who like to setup so I want some paralysis support , I need something that can accoplish this ... thanks.

Something for paralysis support? You'll need to be a lot more specific than that, there are a ton of pokemon that can use Thunderwave =/

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
Can anyone recommend a Pokemon capable of setting up a mid-game SR and Sandstorm that isn't named Claydol?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Can anyone recommend a Pokemon capable of setting up a mid-game SR and Sandstorm that isn't named Claydol?

Hippowdon will do , it can set up SR , and Automatically summons Sandstorm thanks to its Ability : Sandstream

Back