• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genaration 6 "Wants"

which new or old feature would you like to see in Generation 6?

• Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Berry Trees Back

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Multiple Regions

Votes: 117 60.9%
  • Battle Frontier return

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • New Starter types

Votes: 75 39.1%
  • Dark type Gym Leader

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Tournament instead of elite four

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • Return of team rocket

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • New eeveelutions

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)

Votes: 106 55.2%
  • All

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 44 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'm still looking forward to that dark type gym and a sibling rivalry; that would make things interesting.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Hm...I guess a new clothing system would be nice. Seeing the different combination of clothing you put on your character before entering a battle would be intersting. Of course, it would be for aestheic, it doesn't affect how the Pokemon battle.

I like to see Pokemon like Qwilfish or Corsola evolve. LOL And finally giving Miltank and Taruos their SHARED pre-evolution stage.

Also, a dark type gym leader. I still can't believe; seeing how long Pokemon been out, there STILL isn't on yet...I mean, damn!

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
While it's true that Dark attacks tend to be sneaky in their purpose, I don't believe the Dark-type itself is sneakiness incarnate. I always saw it more in relation to shadows. For instance, I've always thought the reason Fighting was good against Dark was because of "shadowboxing".
The problem with that is that the Dark type is effectively the evil type, with Fighting opposing it as the closest thing to a Light/Honour type, using honourable, powerful and effective tactics and moves; the two types are diametrically opposed, and it makes perfect sense for Fighting to be good agianst dark. It's ghost that is more akin to shadows and whatnot.

Anyways. . . what I want to see. New Eeveelutions, (Rock/Flying/Fighting, for a type triangle) the Original Dragon, a Mightyena evolution and this one is purely wishful thinking: An alternate evolution for Dragonair. One that actually looks like it. :3 Aside from that, new Pokemon and various other evolutions, obviously. But I can't think of any mechanics I want added/changed or major story traditoion changes or anything.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I'd like to have the option of having a Pokemon follow you or not. Hopefully it won't have to be the first in your party though...

I would like a new battle system but having tried rotational battles, maybe not...

Multiple regions, maybe. I liked it on Gen 2 + remakes, because I think that the post-game 'plot' tends to be boring, but maybe not. You could just have one big region and only have part of it available pre-Elite 4, then have the rest exposed afterwards, with a different type of [gym] tournament. Or just more to do between badges, like in the anime.

Battle Frontier return, I couldn't care less.

Yes to different gym types.

A different way the story is carried out would be nice.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Also, a dark type gym leader. I still can't believe; seeing how long Pokemon been out, there STILL isn't on yet...I mean, damn!

I don't see why its so hard to believe. Its pretty understandable.
In 3 of the 4 regions Dark was in the E4, which makes it seem even more badass.

They simply haven't gotten around doing a setting where they would go "hey lets put a Dark gym here".

People always think of every detail on its own like the developers create these games category after category of features. They probably don't.
Everything has to fit together into a fleshed out region.
They surely consider a lot of things and for most gyms, the decision of their type probably comes too late to have the ability to be any type they want to.
I mean, like the new beach town in BW2. Of course they put a Water gym there and it is great that way.

Really the closest gym location weve seen where it could have easily occured to them to make it Dark type was Roxies gym. Its even more perfect than for Poison. Unfortunately, Grimsley is already a big Dark trainer, so they went for Poison.

Sirfetch’d

I just thought it would be wonderful to have the VS seeker return. It should have never left.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
The return of a Battle Frontier would just be great. Challenging them in Emerald was so fun but challenging at the same time. Pokémon following you around is also pretty cool because you can interact with them and you can show off your Pokémon. Multiple reigons is okay since the fact that there might be a possibillity that they could run out of ideas, when the next game comes out it could be basically, boring. :[ New Eeveelutions would be awesome, since it was originally designed to change its genetics into a different kind suitable for the habitat it is living in. So if there was like a Dragon's Den in Gen 6 there would be a chance that there could be a Dragon-Type Eeveelution.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Either more control over what type Hidden Power is, along with making it a flat 70 BP would be very nice. A better effort in the field of competitive battles would be nice- looking for a match on Random Matchup takes forever and is never competitive when the option to disconnect at no penalty is present. Some attempt to balance Drizzletoed and Droughtales would be nice too.

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
The one thing I would want the most is probably new evolutions of eevee because who doesn't want new evolutions of one of the most desired pokemon? :D Also Probably the return of Team Rocket because Team Rocket is awesome! It's the only team that doesn't look stupid at what the do. (like that made any sense) :D

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Id like new starter types. Water, Electric, Ground, or Psychic, bug, dark. Something that isnt Grass, fire and water in that order

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
I think you should be able to buy stuff from pokemarts to change the look of ur character. Like glasses, different hair, etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Buying Hair? lol. Maybe we can buy hats and accesories.

I want to see a Phoenix as the Mascot alongside the Original Dragon...or perhaps a Tiger as in China mythology a Dragon represented Male,Yang and Phoenix Female ,Yin. The Tiger is Yin too. Or perhaps Arcues could be a Mascot and gen's IV-V were hinting at VI with early cameo/references...heck the third could be the real creator of the Weather trio...
Not sure what they can stand for though...maybe Creation (Arcues), Destruction (Weather trio's true master?), and Order (Original Dragon).

Years
I would love to have berries back (prob. my favorite part about emerald), I had a lot of fun farming berries, and I would just have 50 of em lyin in my bag all the time, nice to have those on hand ;3

Tbh... I don't give a damn about eeveelutions.

A different approach to the story would be nice if GameFreak can pull it off. I would rather stick to the current standard storyline of pokemon games, than have a new one that's horrible.

One thing I would love is an auto-save feature. I tend to accidently turn off my dsi without saving...kinda like how a few minutes ago I beat the horrid Elesa Gym (took like 30 mins and used about 10 potions) I forgot to save =_= I mean, I don't know if it's even possible but I would love to have an auto-save feature after you beat gyms, or other important things like E4, etc. And this brings me to my next and probably most wanted feature...

Multiple Save Files Why has gamefreak not done this yet...? I like to replay Pokemon White a lot, so I usually make new save files, but because I am deleting all my saves I'm never gonna actually get that far. And I miss my old Pokes :<
Especially with the growing popularity of challenges, at least a 2nd save file would be fantastic!

Well that's my 2 cents.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Just thought of this. Something id like in the next gen would be more contradicting types, like Grass/Fire, Ghost/Psychic, and Steel/Poison or something like those.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I would love to have berries back (prob. my favorite part about emerald), I had a lot of fun farming berries, and I would just have 50 of em lyin in my bag all the time, nice to have those on hand ;3

Tbh... I don't give a damn about eeveelutions.

A different approach to the story would be nice if GameFreak can pull it off. I would rather stick to the current standard storyline of pokemon games, than have a new one that's horrible.

One thing I would love is an auto-save feature. I tend to accidently turn off my dsi without saving...kinda like how a few minutes ago I beat the horrid Elesa Gym (took like 30 mins and used about 10 potions) I forgot to save =_= I mean, I don't know if it's even possible but I would love to have an auto-save feature after you beat gyms, or other important things like E4, etc. And this brings me to my next and probably most wanted feature...

Multiple Save Files Why has gamefreak not done this yet...? I like to replay Pokemon White a lot, so I usually make new save files, but because I am deleting all my saves I'm never gonna actually get that far. And I miss my old Pokes :<
Especially with the growing popularity of challenges, at least a 2nd save file would be fantastic!

Well that's my 2 cents.
I think originally multiple save files may have conflicted with memory availability. However nowadays there is no excuse.

I assume the main motivation to leave multiple save files out now, is in order to sell more copies of the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I voted for Pokémon following you, multiple regions (although I realise that's unlikely to happen), tournament instead of the Elite Four (seriously would love that), and other, and the other being new, good evolutions for older Pokémon maybe? By good, I mean better than most of the ones they added in Generation IV.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I think originally multiple save files may have conflicted with memory availability. However nowadays there is no excuse.

I assume the main motivation to leave multiple save files out now, is in order to sell more copies of the game.

There arent THAT many people that will go out and buy another copy just so they dont have to restart theirs. Im sure there are a few, just not enough to really make a difference.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
There arent THAT many people that will go out and buy another copy just so they dont have to restart theirs. Im sure there are a few, just not enough to really make a difference.
Multiple save files would also allow for one family to purchase a single copy of the game and have members share it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
I just thought it would be wonderful to have the VS seeker return. It should have never left.
I was always disappointed that the VS Seeker wouldn't let you rematch trainers inside dungeons, honestly. I liked it for the most part though, handy little device; I just hope that they let you use it inside caves/buildings/forests/etc, if it ever makes a comeback.

I want to see a Phoenix as the Mascot alongside the Original Dragon...or perhaps a Tiger as in China mythology a Dragon represented Male,Yang and Phoenix Female ,Yin.
Ah, we already have a phoenix as a mascot Pokemon for Gen II + remakes; Ho-Oh. I doubt they'd use it again for a mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back