• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should N be playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I'd rather not. N is one of the best characters ever made by Game Freak in my opinion, and reducing him to a flat character who has no speaking skills is too much for him. plus, he's a good antagonist. I prefer him that way.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I wouldn't want him to be a playable character unless it was a spin-off game that also let you play as other characters with preset teams is well.

Even then I wouldn't choose N, solely because he's a jerk in the manga.

Years
I disagree including N as a player character.

The standard set of male and female protagonists are much better-looking than him plus they also set a good example of the generic Pokemon Trainer.

Even though I never read Pokemon Adventures, I hated his personality.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
I'd only play N just so I didn't have to look at the new characters for 50 hours straight :\.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
N is a character who has a lot to say. Player characters don't talk and the only thing you'd really gain from playing as N is the appearance and a new perspective. Yet after the ending of BW we don't even know N's goals and again, we'd be missing out on the dialogue, which is essentially the best part of his character.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
Well, technically, who ever said that N HAD to be silent? Yes, yes, hit me with that "traditional Pokemon protagonist silent personality" stuff. Yes it would be different. Yes, it might mess up things. However, if Game Freak found out a way to work this out then I would like that. It would add a lot of content if this happened. Sure you might be startled to find a text box with actual words instead of the regular-
".... ....... ..... ..... .... .... .... ..... ...
.... .... .... ...... ..... ..... ... .... ......"
but hey, it would be intriguing to see this-
"Yeah I'm N and haters gonna hate me and my beautiful Rubix Cube."
No wait, THIS-
"So I planned to show the world who I, N, wanted for the innocent Pokemon of this world."
This could be Post-Game like a sort of flashback for N. Or a Wi-Fi event as Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said. Or some random event in the game.
Also, if this was for the whole game then no. I just want to see this as extra content, not for the whole game.

Naturally, I can't help but agree. After all, they are changing up the Pokemon franchise anyways. On the other hand, though... the following applies to me personally.

Am I the only one who didn't like N? It was certainly interesting that he had such a tortured backstory, but none of that really endeared me to him, if I'm being honest. So, I don't think he should be playable either... but I guess I'm less sorry for that fact than most people here.

Yeah, I never liked "N" either; "N" always seemed to just be a naive' douche to me. On the other hand, I've always been a fan of Giovanni as an antagonist. He was just straight-up truthful about what he wanted and never allowed anyone to control him.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Not only should he not be played as, I feel like N should be a minor character. Like someone who battles with you in certain areas (Stat trainers in D/P) or the guy who runs the daycare, or even an easter egg you find in someones house.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Not only should he not be played as, I feel like N should be a minor character. Like someone who battles with you in certain areas (Stat trainers in D/P) or the guy who runs the daycare, or even an easter egg you find in someones house.
N appears to have a significant role this time around, showing up to help the player against Ghetsis so no character role down grade this time around.

Years
I think it'd be cool for him to be playable in a side game, much as it was cool for Shadow the Hedgehog to be the main character of a spin-off Sonic game, but I don't think any game with him would be worth playing for long (again, Shadow).

The chance of him being playable in a main series game is essentially zero. The chance of him being playable in a side game is about, I'd say, five percent. That being said, this chance would increase a little if Nintendo were to release, say, a Pokemon party game. N could be a playable character in one of the minigames.

Playable characters in Pokemon games are typically cool yet unremarkable walking sacks of blah anyway. It'd be a shame to ruin N that way by placing him in a main series game.

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
No he shouldn't because he's a great character. He is probably the best part of black and white. In a series where character development isn't number 1 priority they made an interesting character that made you think was everything you did really bad what was great was that he wasn't a 2 dimensional antagonist in fact he had good motives and was taken advantage of by the standard bad guys. I don't know if i'm just looking into this to much but N made me think about what i was doing, I just want him in black and white 2 as your rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back