• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Well, I'm still not entirely satisfied with this, but for now, it's finished. The shadows were/are very hard to place, for some reason. It's way far from perfect, but it's pretty cute, nonetheless. Here's Fleurush, the Grass Starter. What I like most, is its name... 'cause it has three meanings! "Fleur" means "flower" in French; "rush" refers to how speedy it is; and it is a homophone for "flourish," referring to its Grass type. Since it's rather girly, I'm going to break a Pokémon rule and have its gender ratio leaning towards female. The beautiful scents that Fleurush emits are bottled as perfume. It has a small meadow growing on its back, and as it sprints across fields it leaves flowers behind.

fleurush3.png

Last edited:

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
Wow blueguy, its looking good! A little suggestion, however, is that you tone down the grass on Fleurush's back and tail. I also have to say, I love the swimming feature; the jumping graphic is very well done. Good luck with all your future endeavors!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Wow. Did you do that drawing yourself? It looks amazing. You have to send me a PM with a small tutorial on how to do it lol.

Again, looks really well. The colors and shading make it look really professional.

Atomic Reactor

Great, just great. How do you expect us to want to battle with pokemon this cute? lol.
Really good job blueguy. Very impressive.

monarc

Cute! A Pokemon Adventure
Years
very nice blueguy ^__^ I agree with Yuoaman though, make a boy fire starter :p

Don't get me wrong still loveing the cute stuff :3 haha

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Wow. Did you do that drawing yourself? It looks amazing. You have to send me a PM with a small tutorial on how to do it lol.

Again, looks really well. The colors and shading make it look really professional.

Yes, I did. ;D Thanks a lot! Actually, there's a really helpful tutorial by Hallm3 to show you how to create Sugimori-style art on deviantART. You can find it here. He's been redoing some of the art from Acanthite, so I checked out his page; he's got a ton of great stuff and concepts! His tips have been really helpful!

Thanks a lot, all you guys. I'm glad you like it! The Fire Starter will be more masculine fo' sho'. XD

Hey, do any of you want to make a little support/user bar? Or give me a link to a tutorial. People seem to like those things. ;D

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Oh noez!
You broke the rule!
But seriously, Bunnies rock :badsmile:
I hope to kick some blastoise ass with Fleurush.

Edit:
graybark.png

meh, I took a shot.

Last edited:

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
There's something about this game that I just love! It reminds me so much of Gold/Silver/Crystal. They were my favourite games. And those fakemon shots are very proffessionally done in my opinion.

I will definately be giving this a playthrough!

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
There's something about this game that I just love! It reminds me so much of Gold/Silver/Crystal. They were my favourite games. And those fakemon shots are very proffessionally done in my opinion.

I will definately be giving this a playthrough!

Thanks. I'm happy what I'm doing in some way reminds you of G/S/C. Those were also my favorite games. ;D

I'm in the process of planning a lot of new things that I would like to show you guys, but I'm going to really work hard on making my ideas come to life, so if I don't post an update in a while, I'm still plodding along. ;D

I've just about finished the region map, and it's called Minenn now.

My problem is that I keep on re-conceptualizing things! XD Whenever I think I know where I'm going, a new idea hits me, but I'm very excited about the new developments I'm considering right now. They'll give things better character development and more drama. Yays.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Perhaps add in some features other games very rarely have? What about a house of your own which you can furnish and perhaps a private pool at the back that replenishes Pokemon health? (If you need help coding just ask).

Atomic Reactor

so if I don't post an update in a while, I'm still plodding along. ;D

Maybe cause he's still plodding along?
Just wait patiently guys.

Can't wait to see your new ideas blueguy :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back