• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
1421 = forum veteran? I don't feel like a veteran even with my count ;x

Ice Car

Banned
Years
1421 = forum veteran? I don't feel like a veteran even with my count ;x
Eh. You know what I mean though. I have more posts here than I appear.

Oh, and I've technically only been here for a few months. I was posting off and on on this site for a while.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Played more video games. XD

You could say I'm a bad student, but I keep getting straight As in that class.
Watch that go out the window the minute you hit college.

That probably comes off worse than I meant it to, but with the sort of stuff that higher learnin' throws at you, it's easy to become overwhelmed if you're not prepared.

Ice Car

Banned
Years

That probably comes off worse than I meant it to, but with the sort of stuff that higher learnin' throws at you, it's easy to become overwhelmed if you're not prepared.
I know that... I don't take out my DS and play it every time I get the chance to. I usually ask the teacher if I can if I get a new one. I probably won't even ask my college teachers.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What do you plan to go to college for? My boyfriend plays GBA games on his phone during some of his lectures and I could have gotten away with it as an engineer, but not anymore, haha.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

This.

And don't talk about forum veteran when this guy's around haha.. y'old Jorgeman!

Aahh school.. the good ol' days!

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Oh man, Broken_Arrow, that's awesome! So glad it worked out and he got it back!!!

thanks,Kura..you were a good follower to the situation :3

Well there's a real unique feeling that comes from being in a real fight and it's not just a simple adrenalin rush. I've felt most alive in my life when in a fight. The whole confrontation, that desire to defeat your opponent, in a fight that just escalates to a whole new plateau, that other contests just cannot reach. I mean yeah, I get that invigorating feeling a little bit when playing video games against people or I suppose sometimes when I'm playing children's card games too but when I'm in a fight, that sensation of feeling truly alive really pulses through my veins. I wouldn't expect everyone here to fully comprehend what I'm saying here, but that's understandable.

Anyway I prefer this WARRIOR song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ZMmEFA4Q0

well i used to fight too..i was like Gracie hart from miss congeniality when i was younger lol but now i prefer to discuss and talk.i found myself using my hands only when it really needs...(most of time with my sisters)...not sure why but i began to feel bored of fighting by hands over things or maybe i became cold blooded!!who knows lol but though i still enjoy fighting sometimes specially with people who get on my nervous :P

about the link they're not called disturbed for nothing lol

back now..took a nap and decided to spend the night awake as it's my sisters weekend :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well depending on the college you can probably get away with it in community college tbh. ;x

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I did a entry test for a college in Redlands a few months back, scored average to above average if I remember correctly but I had work to do up in Crestline so I couldn't enroll completely at the time, maybe I'll try again in 5 years or so when I'm done with the CCC.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I like the way Catdog thinks lol!~

To be honest, the classroom stuff for me in uni was easy; it was just the amount of work that was hard.

Except for two teachers that were super strict (but for good reason) @_@
Storyboard class... >_> *flashback..*

"DON'T TOUCH THE BOARDS WITH THE POINTER, HOVER OVER IT"
"NEVER SAY UM"
"THAT'S NOT READABLE"
"NO SPLIT-SCREENS"
"YOU'RE BREAKING THE 180 RULE"
God forbid if you were late once even because of public transit..

Then we had our professor Mark Thurman.. who.. collected roadkill corpses no joke.
Well he was our life drawing/ anatomy instructor..

>_> But still...

.. crap I went on a mini rant again..

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
roar uni is not easy. But as Kura said it's probably a workload thing more than anything - if there was less of it then yeah the actual content wouldn't be too nasty but ugh sheer volume of stuff. But then, in fairness, I'm spreading myself wayyyyyy too thin with extra commitments and going out like... most nights. I need to sort out my time. v__v

droomph

weeb
Years
and this is why I'm being a electronic or just a plain music major when I grows up! My homework is to do stuff I already do regularly or already really want to do n.n

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I plan to be a reporter/journalist when I get older, so I can only imagine the writing assignments I'll have to do at uni :/ I'll spend most of my time writing reports thousands upon thousands of words long :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
You...probably won't. I've taken quite a few journalism classes in the past myself and they are some of the most real world style courses you're ever going to take. My 101 class had us doing nothing but book work for maybe a month at the most. After that? We were out getting interviews and making connections and just working on editing. The major formal thing you'll be focusing on in a first year class once you have the style down is length. I found it difficult at first because I'm more of a narrative guy, so I like my flowery language, and I think my teacher noticed that as well. But in general, the one thing she hounded the entire class on was making sure we did as much editing as possible. If we had a two page interview or article, she would typically want it to be half the length, at most, after editing.

Those thousand word reports aren't likely to pop up very often in the curriculum. I've taken three journalism classes and there were only three instances (two in the first one, one in the third) where I had to do an editorial or report. They're some of the easiest things you'll get to work on because you're not as constrained by the idea that you need to cut descriptive language to a bare minimum. After a while, you realize just how much you miss being able to write those thousand word reports rather then being super critical on what you absolutely need to present and what you can toss out from an interview or report.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Disagreed, kinda, I think it's based more on the uni itself tbh. Just finished a (but not yet graduated but will soon) a three year journalism/broadcasting course and we've had 1000 word articles pretty often. Like, pretty much for every class. Those are generally worth more marks, but the smaller articles with less marks are definitely more common. However for classes like Freelance Journalism you get like 2000 word articles for most assignments. But really, overall I think it depends on the lecturer. Since the one that we had for p much 99% of our classes gave us those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back