• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
Hi! i have this moveset on my lead azelf... max speed and max sp attack

Item: Focus sash
u-turn
Flamethrower
explosion
stealth rock

what do you think?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years

Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
U-Turn
Fire Blast
Explosion
Stealth rock

what do you think?

Good, but use the remainding 4 EVs in Atk for Explosion, and use Naive (you never mentioned a nature) so that Fire Blast and U-Turn/Explosion combo aren't weakened.

@Freaky: Stuff like that may be better suited for PM, but I think it would be fine, but don't expect too many rates as no one plays Doubles and I don't think there's even an established metagame for it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

u-turn
Flamethrower
explosion
stealth rock

what do you think?

You need Psychic, or everything gets a free switch in (i.e Rotom etc) and set up on you. U-Turn doesn't accomplish anything, scouting really doesn't help a suicide lead lol

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Would an impish natured snorlax with thick fat work? If so can anyone suggest evs and movesets? thanks

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Would an impish natured snorlax with thick fat work? If so can anyone suggest evs and movesets? thanks

No, Snorlax wants Sassy/Careful for walling/tanking sets (Curse/STalker) and Brave/Adamant for more offensive sets (i.e CB or offensive Lax).

Nincada

Please be kind.
Years
Depends on what you are looking for in a snorlax.

As was mentioned, curselax is probably a safe bet, though rest talk is viable too.

Are you planning on using him as a wall or support, or are you trying to do something sneaky?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
Hey everyone. I was thinking on a moveset for a Medicham in Double Battles. Which is in my Trick Room team and a Ludicolo which plays the long game.

Medicham
Nature: Brave
EV's: 252 HP/252 Atk
Held Item: Life Orb
Psycho Cut/Fake Out
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Detect/Protect

The Drain Punch is for restoring HP by the way.

Ludicolo
Nature: Calm
Ability: Rain Dish
Held Item: Leftovers
Surf
Grass Knot
Leech Seed
Subsitute

What do you think of these movesets? Any good or not?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Hey everyone. I was thinking on a moveset for a Medicham in Double Battles. Which is in my Trick Room team and a Ludicolo which plays the long game.

Medicham
Nature: Brave
EV's: 252 HP/252 Atk
Held Item: Life Orb
Psycho Cut/Fake Out
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Detect/Protect

The Drain Punch is for restoring HP by the way.

Medicham always needs Jolly or Adamant with 252 Att / 252 Speed, he's much too frail to make use of any sort of defensive investment. A Choice set also works best unless you're passing him speed boosts.

Ludicolo
Nature: Calm
Ability: Rain Dish
Held Item: Leftovers
Surf
Grass Knot
Leech Seed
Subsitute

Sure. Make sure you're using a bulky EV spread, like 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 SpD.

What do you think of these movesets? Any good or not?

Comments are in bold, hoorah \o/

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
What's a good Magic Coat Giratina lead set? I'm going to use it to deflect Darkrai's Dark Void along with a lead Kyogre for my Double Battle Uber Rain Dance Team I'm working on.

Klofkac

He's back!
Years
Which pokémon gives best EVs and most EXPs?

Which pokémon is best at EV training for you?
Which pokémon you recommend to battle for lots EXPs?

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
Years
EV's

Hey guys, after a shameful battle last night against one of our friends here in the forum,which i lost by getting raped by Ice Beams and i realized that my SP.DEF and DEF were way too low to make me a decent Wifi Battler, our pal adviced me to try EV Training, so i'd like to know how do i make my lvl100's lose their current EV's for me to give then some vitamins to level their stats up, are berries the only way?

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
Hey guys, after a shameful battle last night against one of our friends here in the forum,which i lost by getting raped by Ice Beams and i realized that my SP.DEF and DEF were way too low to make me a decent Wifi Battler, our pal adviced me to try EV Training, so i'd like to know how do i make my lvl100's lose their current EV's for me to give then some vitamins to level their stats up, are berries the only way?

giving vitamins to pokemon only achieve 100 EVs. that ain't much :T but yes, berries #21-26 are the only ones that reduce EVs, usually take up to 10 to completely wipe off the EV from the stat.

You NEED to rebreed and do everything from scratch. and by the sound of it, you need a special wall to take those ice beam hits and not be weak to ice type attacks.

Which pokémon is best at EV training for you?
Which pokémon you recommend to battle for lots EXPs?

usually, offensive attackers like gyarados and mamoswine etc are the easiest to EV train, because they only need 252 ATK/SPE and that's easily accomplished by beating gyarados and seaking...i fish for them using the super rod from the little pond down from the house. also, it levels them up pretty quickly. just a reminder, when you go into battle on the wifi, all the levels are set to either 50 or 100 and so the stats are adjusted accordingly to the EV points on your pokemon...barring free matches.

Last edited:

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
Years
giving vitamins to pokemon only achieve 100 EVs. that ain't much :T but yes, berries #21-26 are the only ones that reduce EVs, usually take up to 10 to completely wipe off the EV from the stat.

You NEED to rebreed and do everything from scratch. and by the sound of it, you need a special wall to take those ice beam hits and not be weak to ice type attacks.

Well, i'm not going to rebreed, can't be arsed and cant say bye to my pokémon only because their numbers suck, time to plant some Berries.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
I plan to make an Hail team, but I miss one pokemon to fill it.
Can I have help?

There my team:

Abomasnow - Snow warning
Walrein - Ice Body
Rotom-F - Levitate
Mamoswine - Snow Cloak
Snorlax - Thick Fat

Wich pokemon should be the last one?

Nincada

Please be kind.
Years
On my BP ninjask, I am using

Baton
Swords
Double Team
X-Scissor

Should I swap out Double Team for protect so I can get an additional speed boost in as well as a swords dance?

Back