• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my toxic leecher team

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
Might get some stick for a team like this as it is purley based on tanks, but i must say it does a great job, i will share

Cradily (who else?) Nature: Bold

Ability: Suction Cups
Item: Leftovers

Evs: 252 HP, 88 Special defence, 168 Defence

Moveset:
Toxic
Recover
Confuse Ray
Amnesia

Ferrothorn Nature: Relaxed, Impish

Ability: Barbs
Item: Rocky Helmet

Evs: 252 HP, 172 Special Defence, 84 Defence

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Curse
Gyro Ball

Bronzong Nature: Relaxed

Ability: Levitate

Evs: 252 HP, 52 Attack, 204 defence

Moveset:
Reflect
Trick Room
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball

Umbreon Nature: Impish or Bold, Careful or Calm

Ability: Synchronize
Item: Leftover

Moveset:
Wish
Toxic
Baton Pass
Confuse Ray

Ludicolo Nature: Bold

Ability: Rain Dish

Evs: 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense

Moveset
Rain Dance
Toxic
Leech Seed
Dive

Metagross Nature: Relaxed

Abilty: Clear Body
Item: Leftovers, Cheri Berry

Evs: 252 HP, 216 Defense, 40 Attack

Moveset:
Sleep Talk
Rest
Earthquake
Meteor Mash

Ok, might not be everyones cup of tea, but it does do the job, its a decent balance, fire types can do me in though so earthquake is there for that.

You might think WTF why sleep talk with Metagross, well it works wonders in a strong tank team and it only benefits really!

Bronzong is the main guy, he is the one who will set up trick room for my slow pokemon and reflect to add extra coverage for the team.

Umbreon and Cradily are basically stallers, confuse and toxic them.

Ludicolo adds a difference balance to toxic using leech seed with leftovers and ability to grab so much hp to be hard to beat, dive there for stab and counter taunt and to also protect itself for more hp regain.

Ferrothorn will set up stealth rock and leech seed to gain health and damage them via them switching, he will also curse to lose more speed and gain defence to cause Gyroball to do extra good damage.

Give me suggestions, the party does me well and is a great team, but pokemon can always improve and there are also weaknesses to everything :P

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
For a Team based around Toxic, don't you think Toxic Spikes would be a good option?? D:
Roserade is a good choice for a lead/Spiker.

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spd/252Spl Attack
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leafstorm
-Hidden Power Ice/Fire

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
I was actually considering toxic spikes for the likes of ferrothorn then throwing stealth rock to cradily but the team would need balance and range, stealth rock adds a more different type to benefit the weaknesses of fire.

a good suggestion i can consider though :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I was actually considering toxic spikes for the likes of ferrothorn then throwing stealth rock to cradily but the team would need balance and range, stealth rock adds a more different type to benefit the weaknesses of fire.

a good suggestion i can consider though :)

Ferrothorn doesn't get Toxic Spikes.

Might get some stick for a team like this as it is purley based on tanks, but i must say it does a great job, i will share

Cradily (who else?) Nature: Bold

Ability: Suction Cups

Evs: 252 HP, 88 Special defence, 168 Defence

Moveset:
Toxic
Recover
Confuse Ray
Amnesia

Ferrothorn Nature: Relaxed, Impish

Ability: Barbs
Item: Rocky Helmet

Evs: 252 HP, 172 Special Defence, 84 Defence

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Curse
Gyro Ball

Bronzong Nature: Relaxed

Ability: Levitate

Evs: 252 HP, 52 Attack, 204 defence

Moveset:
Reflect
Trick Room
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball

Umbreon Nature: Impish or Bold, Careful or Calm

Ability: Synchronize
Item: Leftover

Moveset:
Wish
Toxic
Baton Pass
Confuse Ray

Ludicolo Nature: Bold

Ability: Rain Dish

Evs: 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense

Moveset
Rain Dance
Toxic
Leech Seed
Dive

Metagross Nature: Relaxed

Abilty: Clear Body
Item: Leftovers, Cheri Berry

Evs: 252 HP, 216 Defense, 40 Attack

Moveset:
Sleep Talk
Rest
Earthquake
Meteor Mash

Ok, might not be everyones cup of tea, but it does do the job, its a decent balance, fire types can do me in though so earthquake is there for that.

You might think WTF why sleep talk with Metagross, well it works wonders in a strong tank team and it only benefits really!

Bronzong is the main guy, he is the one who will set up trick room for my slow pokemon and reflect to add extra coverage for the team.

Umbreon and Cradily are basically stallers, confuse and toxic them.

Ludicolo adds a difference balance to toxic using leech seed with leftovers and ability to grab so much hp to be hard to beat, dive there for stab and counter taunt and to also protect itself for more hp regain.

Ferrothorn will set up stealth rock and leech seed to gain health and damage them via them switching, he will also curse to lose more speed and gain defence to cause Gyroball to do extra good damage.

Give me suggestions, the party does me well and is a great team, but pokemon can always improve and there are also weaknesses to everything :P

If you were to face any common or successful team, I don't think this team would fare very well. Why? Two things: your team lacks a cutting edge, and you don't use the Pokemon to the best of their abilities. We'll address them both.

First and foremost, your team lacks any kind of cutting edge - a way to break into and beat other teams. Yeah, you have things like Toxic and stuff, but those are so long and drawn out that any other kind of team (be it offensive, defense, what-have-you) will kill off all of your Pokemon before it does any kind of significant damage. The playstyle that your team most resembles is stall, but... you don't have any way to stop opposing set-up sweepers, you can't really take any variety in hits at all, and even other stall beats you by setting up entry hazards and then roaring through all of your Pokemon until they die from entry hazards. Like I said, the only kind of cutting edge this team has is Toxic and Leech Seed, and that all can be stopped by Taunt and Substitute. It'd be really hard for this team to do well competitively if you can't even touch stuff because it's behind a Substitute.

Let's get it out here: you don't use any of these Pokemon to their maximum potential. Metagross, for example, has absolutely no business at all running two moves (that have awful coverage together) and Rest and Sleep Talk. What kind of hits is it supposed to tank? Anything with Earthquake or a Fire-type move or hell even a Fighting-type move is going to maul it while it naps. Metagross is an offensive Pokemon - everything about it screams offense and smash stuff hard, but you're trying to use it defensively. That doesn't work, and makes Metagross less effective than it could and should be. The rest of your Pokemon are similar to this.

What is my advice? Try a different style of team. You're not getting much out of this psuedo-stall if you're playing competent people - I think you'd learn a lot more about the metagame and how to play competitive Pokemon effectively if you tried perhaps to run an offensive team. At least that could break through Substitute.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
Understood but it works alot in wifi battles, and of course battle tower, i rarely see any roar or taunt really though, but you cant win them all and i do win more then i lose.

besides its a team i made for a 1 dimensional strategy, it gets results in game, your theory is correct but it has not been shown in practice to me.. yet.

As i said before, i win with it, i dont go out to counter everything possible, i go out and use the strategy i like and have fun with it, i do win with it too, its what matters.

you say it wont work and in pratice it does work, i honestly have never seen players with taunt etc:

i admit i have lost to some very good people but also beaten, but you cant win them all.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Understood but it works alot in wifi battles, and of course battle tower, i rarely see any roar or taunt really though, but you cant win them all and i do win more then i lose.

besides its a team i made for a 1 dimensional strategy, it gets results in game, your theory is correct but it has not been shown in practice to me.. yet.

As i said before, i win with it, i dont go out to counter everything possible, i go out and use the strategy i like and have fun with it, i do win with it too, its what matters.

you say it wont work and in pratice it does work, i honestly have never seen players with taunt etc:

i admit i have lost to some very good people but also beaten, but you cant win them all.

In-game is different from playing competitively. Battle Tower is different from playing competitively. While it might bring you success in-game, this team still has a lot of work to do competitively - and because you posted it here, I feel like I have to assume it's competitive.

Also the fact that you said you've never seen anyone with Taunt kinda disturbs me. WE DON'T HAVE TO GO ALL OFFENSE GUYS

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
Yeah, i never see taunt, and of course it does more help then good to be fair. Of course the party is based on 1 thing, so it will have major weaknesses!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Yeah, i never see taunt, and of course it does more help then good to be fair. Of course the party is based on 1 thing, so it will have major weaknesses!

That's because you probably battle, Noobs, I had to say it, they think Charizard is the strongest ever.

Ludiculo, for starters has Bold, when Dive is a physical attack, D:

Ferrothorn should run a Sassy Nature with 0 Iv's in speed for a full Gyro ball effect, Vrai said it all.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
Ludicolo is impish, did i put bold then my bad!

and nope not noobs, i been through many scouters, lucarios and stuff, if i see a pokemon what is capable of taunt then i select one to counter that!

of course i made one mistake, i meant to rate the pokemon but not as a team of 6, i think i put team because the only time i would use all 6 is in battle tower!

And you say 0 ivs in speed, its pretty hard to judge it for me. And the one i have is relaxed, impish is just another nature which is can benefit from!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
You have very little synergy between your pokes. With 3 toxics and 4 pokemons weak to fire combined with no fire resistance/immunity you will have problems.
You have Earthquake for fire-type moves you say. What would you do if you were facing a Hydreigon with Flamethrower? You suddenly have no safe switch-in, and the only thing you could do is toxic it and hope for it to die before all your pokes are OHKOed.

Stall teams in general want a lot of entry hazards. Toxic Spikes lead as Erufuun's Roserade would feel better than Cradily's attempt to toxic-stall as your opponent lays up free Stealth Rocks.
Also, a ghost such as Jellicent to block Rapid Spins could prove to be useful. Jellicent also provide your team with the fire resistance you currently lack.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
Maser

i plan to use Cradily, Bronzor, Metagross, Ludicolo and Ferrothorn, i am wondering for another type of pokemon

wondering if either Scizor or even Lucario would fit in well with it.

changing ferrothorn into a curser for gyro ball with spikes and leech seed, cradily stall with stealth rocks and toxic, Bronzor support with gyro ball, Ludicolo annoyer with maybe giga drain or dive for coverage, Metagross physical sweeper from sleep talker?

help would be appreciated!

Edit: Also reckon getting rid of trick room would do more good then harm? Cause maybe sandstorm or light screen would be better as 2 sweepers would be weaker from it? Also Toxic spikes can add something more then Cradilys stealth rock and it can stack also!

Sorry for double post

Looking at it, i am thinking the open slot can be something like Scizor or something who can use ice beam, it will balance it out.

i heard subsitute on meta is great in theory too, i think, Earthquake, Meteor Mash and Hammer Arm can be good coverage for one pokemon?

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
I'm going to be quite fronk with you. There is very little help to be given to this team. Period.

I'm not going to go and throw around words like "this team sucks", as that does not help. But as I said, we cannot help you. Everyone is trying to give you advice, which either goes over your head, or through one ear and out the other. To put it simply, you are interested in another style of battle than we are, and we can only help in the style we are interested in. We battle compettivivly, as in one human player versus another, not against the computer. A team of highly trained Jiggypuff (and a Weedle) could defeat almost every gym in the game and most of the Elite Four. That doesn't mean they are easy, but given enough time, any strategy can be made to work. If you are saying that you have never run into Taunt before, yet your big strategy against them is to "switch into a poke that counters that", then it is clear that we are unable to assist you in a way that likes, and anyone here who tries would be wasting their time. You'd have to make the leap towards us, we cannot go backwards.

So, to put in in shorter terms, there is not much anybody here can do to help you, as you are either uniterested in our ideas, or have other, uncompromising plans of your own. That is perfectly fair. I mean this in no offense to you, of course, it's just that...we can't really help.

EDIT:Ah, looking back at futher posts, it says that you battle on wifi. That is nice. but does little to change what I've just said. It isn't so much as your team is "that bad", so we cannot help (it is our job to improve teams, no matter how bad), but it is that you do not want our advice. It's obvious that you have not faced any serious (and I use the word serious loosely) battlers. And if you win more than you lose, why do you need our help? Should't we help people that actually want's it?

Last edited:

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
sims

I am actually looks for advice for pokemon what can work with some of these pokemon, what i mean is, what can work well with cradily, what can work well with Bronzong etc:

i dont mean the team as a whole, i just want some pokemon suggested to me what would go well with some of these pokemon.

sims796

Years
Not to minimod, but that sort of stuff would go under Simple Q & A. We can't just shout what goes well with what without knowing what you are looking for as a whole. And even if we know, it still wounldn't be enough for this team. As others have said before, the team itself needs major work, but since you are comfortable with it, there is not much we can do.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
Years
Give me some respect here, understand that i am quite new to pokemon strategy and evs, i learned quite quickly so if this strategy dont work, i will understand, i know that i can learn.

And the orignal post btw is suppose to mean rate the pokemon as individuals, people say as a team it wont work, fair enough i understand that, people say i am exposed to fire and effects of taunt and even dragon.

Ok thats fine, so if i was to make this as a team i would remove some like people suggested and also changed the movesets to stop taunt.

i do understand that i do need strong sweepers, if that is what it is called sorry, so Metagross or maybe Lapras would balance is out more.

but what would i know, i came on here to post for help and to see how far i progressed, i dont want any complaints only opinions without the stuck up my own you know what opinion what demotivates me and suggestions from what people have said.

sims796

Years
Aye.

You can't take every bit of bad news as a personal attack against you. You'll have to be open to advice, and not just shut everything away with "well, this works for me, and I had plenty of wins with it". If it works for you, cool, more power to you. There's not much help we can give, if that's the case, since you are already sure of what you want. For one thing, we don't do individual pokemon rates, only for the team as a whole. And while I am trying to be calm and understanding, part of a team rate involves us not having to tip-toe around your feelings. If it's bad, it's bad. We won't be jerks about it (saying "your team sucks is, quite literally, against the rules), but we won't lie to you to protect your feelings.

But the reason I say that we cannot help you isn't because you are bad, that is not the case. It's because you are not playing the same way we are. We play competitively. Certain things will work, certain things will not. For instance, Lapras is not a competitive pokemon. It takes a great degree of skill to even think of player her competitively (in our enviornment), and even then, she most certainly is not a sweeper. If you really want help, re-read vrai's post, and read the Compiled Guides on this forum. But that may not help you, as you may not be interested.

Back