• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC Prep team "Haters Gonna Hate"

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
Years
if info is correct the vgcs will be pure G5... so...
reasoning for movesets and pokeselection in next post. (PSPs have a small character cap for posting)
Alomomola- aqua jet, helping hand, heal pulse, substitute.
Zoroark- sucker punch, night daze, flamethrower, aerial ace
Accelgor- bug buzz, hyper beam, giga drain, hidden power ice
Landorus- earth power, grass knot, hammer arm, rock slide
Mienshao- fake out, HJ kick, u turn, rock slide
Haxorus- d. dance, dual chop, equake, b. break
cont in next post soon

an odd pair accelgor and landorus but for the most part they give a lot of coverage and weekness hate.
i started my team based on these 2 to kill what i view as popular options for vgc. hydreigon and chandelure.
Specs-Gor and Lando-Belt allows for many ohko and fear switchs.
hp ice is a dragon slayer, buzz for dark, giga to stop water from slaying lando, and hyper beam for power hits.
e power and r slide protect gor while hammer and knot are just nasty in of themself.

the first string are orb-shao and hax-sash.
these two cover each other well allowing for at least one dance to cleanup whatever remains from the first 2.
d. chop to get through sashs/sturdy, equake to slay 2 opponents once hax is alone or with lando, and break to smash ice.
fake out is clutch, hjk is devistating, rock slid for flyers and uturn to swap if needed to escape weekness and fake out again later.

lastly my crazy tech subs to smash team hate zoropowder and leftoveromola.
alomo is a huge tank once ev'd right and can make quite a support giving a helping hand to brutal attacks lie rock slide and healing non fatal damage. substitute is icing on the cake.
zoroark is more or less a panic button to draw out easy counters to my other teamates like aloma.
flamethrower and aerial cover z's weekness while haze and sucker punch rip holes in strats that don't see it coming.

commentary welcome that doesnt burn.

also... forgot natures, abilities and ev selection.

Alomomola- adamant healer 152 sp. def, 100 atk and def, 200 hp.
haxorus- jolly rivalry 252 atk and spd
mienshao- jolly regenerator 252 spd and atk
landorus- hasty 252 spd 112 atk 140 sp. atk
accelgor- modest sticky 252 spd and sp atk
zoroark- naive 252 spd 112 atk 140 sp atk.

now open for RMT and other discussion. really looking for feedback before i spend immense time what little offerings to construct the flawless IV version of the team.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
thoughts,discussion, or opinions would be more then welcomed.

Thing is, most people here don't play VGC nor do they understand what's good, what works, etc. (myself included).

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
Years
sadly considering its g5 this year my experience is basically null with it. its just easier to post on my mobile here since i cant access pokeonline to test it out.

Back