• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Something that will get my attention is what they do with the anime. They usually release in Japan and start the new leg of the anime there. Now, they have the worldwide release, but the anime is six or seven months ahead of the rest in Japan. Will they try to speed all the episodes through and get the B/W leg done for worldwide X/Y release? Or just start that anime early in Japan?

Cyclone

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll probably be one of those people who will preorder it, but I still need to play Black 2 first...and get a 3DS too. xD

I'm actually excited about these games!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thanks to the new release today of the Pokémon, not only have I already chosen my starter (come on, Fire all the way), but I've also gone searching for art that was worthy of avatar placement.

I think I've succeeded. My first avatar ladies and gents.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Did anyone notice that they kept Unova's Gym Symbol?

gymchange.jpg

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It looks that Palpitoad as well as Golurk will be in the games, as seen in the statue.
I saw a Golurk in battle at one point in the video, so this theory is supported. Of course, that could change.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Battle segments don't mean that they are in the game though. B/W and B2W2 had battle segments with Pokemon not in their games. Those are just to show off the battles.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I´m really excited for this gen. : D
Everything look great, but I have to admit I will miss the sprites...
Anyway, people should understand that the DS is now dead. A lot of people are complaining, but change is unavoidable. It´s also kind of sad that some people say Game Freak "screwed up" for not remaking Ruby and Sapphire. I like the 3rd Gen games, but honestly, this is better. Remakes may happen anyway though. And the titles do have a meaning. : P

That aside, which starter are you guys going to pick? I´ll probably pick Chespin or Froakie, but it will likely be Chespin. Seriously, hated starters usually are the ones I end up liking. XP

By the way, excuse me while I go draw the new starters.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The bridge in Unova was nicknamed Charizard Bridge and Charizard wasn't obtainable in the game, so it's likely that Golurk might not even be in gen VI. But you never know!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
omg look how cute clyde is!! Assuming that's Clyde. Gym guy that gives Fresh Water. You know what I mean. lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I made a vid of my impressions / predictions in case anyone is interested. I have been looking for vids like this from other pokemon fans all day, so I figured some of you might also wanna know my perspective!

http://youtu.be/kSXsJREzt9o

In summary:

- Insinuated character customization.
- Roller blades.
- Possible Dark, Psychic, Fighting secondary types making all starter match-ups pretty much even.
- France region.
- Grass gym with swinging vines.
- Psychic Gym with TM92 Trick Room.
- Bug type gym.
- Fire Gym / Maybe Elite 4 area (giant flame pillars)?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I am definitely excited for this. I personally like the starters, I have seen a lot of hate already and it saddens me. It all comes down to opinion, a Pokemon does not "suck" because you don't like it. But anyways, I like the change in graphics, I will always love the bird's eye view but I like to try new things. Battles look pretty awesome, although you can't base it off the trailer yet. I am dying to buy a 3ds XL for this game...

I'm probably going to go with Fennekin, I'm a huge fox fan. But I will wait to make a definite decision until the evolutions are released. But I have a feeling they will withhold all they can from us, seeing as how it's a worldwide release.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Anyway, people should understand that the DS is now dead. A lot of people are complaining, but change is unavoidable.
A lot of people complained when B2/W2 were made for the DS instead of the 3DS. There will always be people who are unhappy. They can't avoid it.

It´s also kind of sad that some people say Game Freak "screwed up" for not remaking Ruby and Sapphire. I like the 3rd Gen games, but honestly, this is better. Remakes may happen anyway though. And the titles do have a meaning. : P
I think they wanted to make it a remake in Gen. VI. The others were done in sprite format, they probably wanted to enhance it this time around on a new game to try out. I still feel remakes are coming someday as it's really silly to expect importing from III on a GBA to VI on a 3DS; you have to go through four sets of games including Gen. VI to get it there (unless they program in imports from D/P/P/HG/SS being on the same system? Nah, doubt it...).

That aside, which starter are you guys going to pick? I´ll probably pick Chespin or Froakie, but it will likely be Chespin. Seriously, hated starters usually are the ones I end up liking. XP
I don't think I will answer this. My avatar at the time of this post speaks for me.

Cyclone

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I really can't wait for further information about the Gen VI, I'm really excited about this. Unlike Gen V.

I wanna know the Pokemon the evolutions and all those goodies! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back