• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I tried the insect's catching competition.

I was with Gastly ^^ to catch a Scyther (not to win this competition but to have a scyther in my team). Finally, I found one.

My Gastly Level 21
Scyther Level 13

In one strike, he beat my Gastly... ********

But now, the guy near the door say to me the competition of the day is finished, come another time.

I try to change de date of my dsi (I change to the date of tuesday > another competition's day in the week) but when I come, he say to me, the competition of the day is finished.

Do I really have to wait until Tuesday to be able to try to catch my scyther ?

Either have I make an error?

I saved. Restarted the console. Changed the date. Restarted the game. Spoken to the type.

Should I do : Save. Restart the console. Change the date. Restart the game. Save on Tuesday. Restart the game. Before speaking to him ?

Thanks for your help.

(I know there's the "trade" but with my box, I cant use the wep key, so I'm in WPA key and my dsi know only the wep key system). >>> no trade able for me until my provider give us an firmware update.

Change the DS clock to 11:58pm or something close to midnight on Monday, then enter your game and let the day tick over and walk in and out of the building and you should be allowed to do it.

Years
I'll try this when I come back to my home. I thought about wait until Tuesday, come in the building, save, start the competition. (restart the console and replay if I don't catch a Scyther >>> Just like a researcher of Shiny).

kenshin-" said:
I read that I can find Mankey on road 34. On an other website, I read Mankey are only on road 09 and 42. Finally, where should I go to find one ? (Because I was on road 34 during about 40 minutes irl and I didn't find Mankey.

Years
I read that I can find Mankey on road 34. On an other website, I read Mankey are only on road 09 and 42. Finally, where should I go to find one ? (Because I was on road 34 during about 40 minutes irl and I didn't find Mankey.

Mankey are found on Routes 9 and 42, and only if you're playing HeartGold.

They aren't found on Route 34.

Years
I'm playing to HeartGold, and I don't find one mankey on these roads (34 now, I know it's normal) (42 maybe I should try in the evening...).

I'll try this when I come back.

Thanks, I know now, I tried more than 2 hours just for nothing.

I will edit my post if it's alright with road 09 or 42.

EDIT : It's ok, I've found a Mankey on road 42 after some research...

Last edited:

Mr.goodtrips

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Does anyone know how to breed a Spiritomb that knows both Curse and Pain Split? I've been trying with a male Misdreavus that knows both moves and a female Spiritomb that knows Pain split, but the only one that comes through from the breeding is Pain Split. Do both parents need to know Curse? or is there something else I'm missing?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Does anyone know how to breed a Spiritomb that knows both Curse and Pain Split? I've been trying with a male Misdreavus that knows both moves and a female Spiritomb that knows Pain split, but the only one that comes through from the breeding is Pain Split. Do both parents need to know Curse? or is there something else I'm missing?

If you don't mind my asking, why Curse + Pain Split?

Anyway, to answer the question, Curse is one of Spiritomb's Heart Scale moves (the first 4 moves it has are Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Spite and Shadow Sneak; it's kind of unnecessary for the parent Pokemon to have Curse) and must be relearned from the move maniac/relearner. (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong here)

Mr.goodtrips

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
If you don't mind my asking, why Curse + Pain Split?

Anyway, to answer the question, Curse is one of Spiritomb's Heart Scale moves (the first 4 moves it has are Pursuit, Confuse Ray, Spite and Shadow Sneak; it's kind of unnecessary for the parent Pokemon to have Curse) and must be relearned from the move maniac/relearner. (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong here)

I want Curse + Pain Split because I want to see if it's a useful/valid combo for dealing with troublesome opponents.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
Looking for a normal or ground type

I'm looking for a good Ground or Normal type, catchable in Pokémon Heart gold! Somebody recommendations? :classic:

Years
It depends on where you are up to but for normal
Clefable - Good move pool with reasonable stats and it has magic guard a very useful ability.

Ursaring/Tauros - Both have rather good stats, move pools and abilities.

As for ground you have some great powerhouses like Rhydon/Ryhperior and Donphan and some lesser yet still reasonable ones like Gliscor (which has a good typing with few weaknesses). There's also good defensive pokemon like Steelix and if you trade it over from diamond/pearl/platinum hippowdon.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Ok I've wondered about this for a while. Right before I get to Mio Town (sorry, don't know the English version name), near the ghost tower on the route, there's a ditch with rocks and stairs, and there's not enough space to power up a bike jump to get over to the other side. Then again in Champion Road (Victory Road) there's a spot where I have to try to clear a rock with a ramp, but there's not enough space to speed up and clear it with the bicycle on fast setting, and if I use the slow setting the jump isn't big enough and I land in front of the rock instead of over it. What should I do?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok I've wondered about this for a while. Right before I get to Mio Town (sorry, don't know the English version name), near the ghost tower on the route, there's a ditch with rocks and stairs, and there's not enough space to power up a bike jump to get over to the other side. Then again in Champion Road (Victory Road) there's a spot where I have to try to clear a rock with a ramp, but there's not enough space to speed up and clear it with the bicycle on fast setting, and if I use the slow setting the jump isn't big enough and I land in front of the rock instead of over it. What should I do?

If you want to know the truth, only if you don't need it, there is only a calcium behind that rock!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Help me? what is the diffirent between the pokemons in every 4th generation game o-o

just as the title says :P what is the diffirence between every pokedex in the 4th generation games :P (diamond/pearl/plantinum/HH/SS) and also the diffirence of Diamond and pearl and HH and SS (HHSS/DP) like in diamond and pearl diffirence are .. maps or something?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Do you mean what the difference is between the versions? Well the point of a second version is not a different map or region but version exclusive Pokemon.For example,in Diamond you can find a Murkrow while in Pearl you'd find Misdreavus in Eterna Forest instead.

Even though D/P/Pt and HG/SS are in the same generation, they don't have the same regional Pokedex. Since HG/SS are remakes of the GBC game Gold and Silver, they take on the Johto Pokedex.

D/P/Pt being set in Sinnoh takes on the Sinnoh Pokedex. So I hope this clears it up,if you're still not sure you can VM me and I'll try explain it :P.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
This type of question's home is the Fourth Gen Help Thread, so please feel free to use that next time, as simple questions like these don't warrant their own thread. Thanks.

Moved.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
What to do if I can't trade?

Ok, here's the problem I've been facing in my SoulSilver. I cant' trade because I refuse to change my router security to WEP. I really want Kingdra for my team and haven't played it in so long because of this. I really want to play SoulSilver but what's the point if I can't get the Pokemon I want? Do you guy's have any suggestions on how to get the Pokemon since I can't get WiFi?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Ok, here's the problem I've been facing in my SoulSilver. I cant' trade because I refuse to change my router security to WEP. I really want Kingdra for my team and haven't played it in so long because of this. I really want to play SoulSilver but what's the point if I can't get the Pokemon I want? Do you guy's have any suggestions on how to get the Pokemon since I can't get WiFi?

The only obtainable method (I know) of getting Kingdra without Wi-fi is to trade with a friend locally. If you've got a friend, simply trade your Seadra holding its Dragon Scale with your friend for their pokemon, and then trade back.

Unfortunately, in HGSS, there is no means of obtaining Kingdra in-game without trading. (To my knowledge and research.) Sorry. Although there is a variety of other great water types available for capture In-Game throughout HGSS, so why not try one of those?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
You can get a seadra here: whirl island 1F 4% super rod, whirl island B2 4%, super rod whirl island B2, surf, 10%, and seafoam island, super rod 5% and trade it to a friend!!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
You can get a seadra here: whirl island 1F 4% super rod, whirl island B2 4%, super rod whirl island B2, surf, 10%, and seafoam island, super rod 5% and trade it to a friend!!

I know where to get Horsea at, the thing is I don't have any friends where I'm at with a DS so I'm kinda screwed. Is there a WiFi adapter or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back