• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That Jellicent would have looked good on my Ruby team

Years
I would want sigilyph to be introduced in gen 2 along with the unown. My god, that thing is awesome looking, and so powerful - and it would look so great in GSC graphics I think. Plus it'd be really fun to use! (say goodbye Chuck, Bugsy, Koga, Bruno and all of team rockets constantly exploding koffings/weezings! Also, I feel sigilyph could do pretty well against Whitney's miltank

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Axew/Fraxurre/Haxorus would be perfect for Gen 2 (Johto.) Then my best team would be the Johto region team.

Evey

Female Red
Years
Since I'm only allowed to choose one..........................................

Munchlax/Bisharp

Alot if other people are saying it too because it is SO TRUE. Bisharp seems much like a Hoenn Pokemon while Munchlax seems more like a Unova Pokemon by design and type-matchups.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Since I'm only allowed to choose one..........................................

Munchlax/Bisharp

Alot if other people are saying it too because it is SO TRUE. Bisharp seems much like a Hoenn Pokemon while Munchlax seems more like a Unova Pokemon by design and type-matchups.

Well given that this thread is only for stuff you wish that you want in previous games Munchlax doesn't count ;)

Nevertheless I agree Bisharp does kind of seem like it should be in Hoenn. I guess that's because of Cacnea and Shiftry being from that region. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bump! What do you guys think? :) What would it be for you?

Years
I feel another Pokemon that should have been in an earlier generation was Sigilyph. It's an awesome design and I think it would have fitted in a generation before 5th Gen.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Honestly, I think Heatmor would have been a decent addition to 4th gen. With the lack of Fire types in Sinnoh, Heatmor could have actually been useful then rather than waste away in Unova. It'd probably mean Durant would've also had to have been introduced in Gen 4 too since they two of them have that rivalry but that wouldn't have been a bad addition either.

Years
Honestly, I think Heatmor would have been a decent addition to 4th gen. With the lack of Fire types in Sinnoh, Heatmor could have actually been useful then rather than waste away in Unova. It'd probably mean Durant would've also had to have been introduced in Gen 4 too since they two of them have that rivalry but that wouldn't have been a bad addition either.

Chandelure line would have been nice for 4th Gen too. Not just to add to a lack of fire, but also add some more ghosts since I feel it didn't have many to begin with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Guys imagine using Alomomola in Gen 3...

Might have made Luvdisc stronger too, to match Alomomola's defensive traits. Honestly you could have got a real love theme going there but nooo they saved the fish for Unovians instead.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Sandile, Dwebble and Scraggy lines I would have loved if they'd been introduced sooner.

SmartypantsGamingYT

Still A Kakuna
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
I would have to say either the Litwick/Yamask line or the axew/druddigon line.
Litwick and Yamask would provide for variiety in Ghost types, apart from the oh-so-unique Gengar,while the dragon type lines would have provided for dragon type pokemon that do NOT have a quad weakness to ice.

Yep,I strongly agree with this too!!Heatmor is incredibly underrated, along with Durant in Gen 5,6,and7.

The Munna line was actually hinted in gen1 , by an NPC outside Mt.Moon, so I feel Munna deserves to be in this as well, and would provide for an alternative to the abra and drowzee lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would have to say either the Litwick/Yamask line or the axew/druddigon line.
Litwick and Yamask would provide for variiety in Ghost types, apart from the oh-so-unique Gengar,while the dragon type lines would have provided for dragon type pokemon that do NOT have a quad weakness to ice.

Yep,I strongly agree with this too!!Heatmor is incredibly underrated, along with Durant in Gen 5,6,and7.

The Munna line was actually hinted in gen1 , by an NPC outside Mt.Moon, so I feel Munna deserves to be in this as well, and would provide for an alternative to the abra and drowzee lines.

Munna early on would have been super cool. Not too strong but such a pain to take down - woulda been on everyone's teams.

Also as a side note - make sure you don't post multiple times in a row, give others the chance to chat :)

SmartypantsGamingYT

Still A Kakuna
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
Munna early on would have been super cool. Not too strong but such a pain to take down - woulda been on everyone's teams.

Also as a side note - make sure you don't post multiple times in a row, give others the chance to chat :)
sorry bout that.

Vragon

It probably would have been beneficial to have introduced Roggenrola in Gen 3. With it being a solid Rock Type Pokémon it could prove beneficial in fights against Flannery, Norman (to some extent) and Winona.

Gen 3 had some good mons, but some where incomplete in their evolutionary lines (take Nosepass for example) Having then entire Roggenrola line would have helped in giving pure rock a good powerhouse instead of just having mixed with added typings like Aggron, Cradily and Armaldo. Well mainly to add to the type casting since low and behold Hoenn has a lot of water.

I'd also advise doing Kinklang in Gen 2 for added steel typing to that gen as well as do Axew in Gen 4 for an early three stage Dragon Type that still is effective (and who is not only located in some obscured cave).

But all in all, I'm glad the Gen 5 mons were in Gen 5.

Back