• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Okay guys is it just me or do you also find that even though you have a repel on it just doesn't work? I'm sitting here chaining and then it gets broken by a wild pokemon when I know for sure there wasn't a wiggling patch of grass in that spot (I'm 100% positive because it's usually when I'm walking back and forth to reset my radar so I've already stepped in that square) So I go and double check that I have a repel on and it says I do >< It's rather annoying....anyways wanted to know if it's just me

You have to have a Pokemon that's higher level than all of the wild Pokemon in the area you're chaining in for Repel to work.

I.E. my Lucario is Lv. 95, nothing's going to disrupt that.

I.E. My Noctowl is Lv. 21, higher than then Lv. 15 - 19 Lv. Pokemon that are in the Snubbull area.

I.E., I was chaining Corsola, and forgot to switch my Lv. 50 Butterfree out for the Lucario after catching a shiny Corsola....

There were Lv. 52 Pokemon around, so a Lv. 52 Golduck showed up vs. my lower level Butterfree, breaking the chain.

If you're using a Synchronizer or a Static or anything else you need to have up front but it's lower level and sucks.... Faint it. Let something kill it, then flee, and then go to your area. Put your high-level chainer behind the dead Synchro which will be in the first slot.

I hope I wasn't too confusing. Just make sure your lead Pokemon is higher level than all the Pokemon in the area or repel won't work.

(Same level doesn't work either, gotta be 1 level higher)

edit:

lol, Graceful Assassin beat me to it and summed it up. :P At least I covered Static and Synchro!
BTW, what's your "one shiny"?

Thanks for the congratulations. :)

(I also have 4 shiny Snubbull now, I need 1 or two more, then I gotta get ready to trade Pokemon with that girl to help her PokeDex)

BTW GOOD LUCK

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
You have to have a Pokemon that's higher level than all of the wild Pokemon in the area you're chaining in for Repel to work.

I.E. my Lucario is Lv. 95, nothing's going to disrupt that.

I.E. My Noctowl is Lv. 21, higher than then Lv. 15 - 19 Lv. Pokemon that are in the Snubbull area.

I.E., I was chaining Corsola, and forgot to switch my Lv. 50 Butterfree out for the Lucario after catching a shiny Corsola....

There were Lv. 52 Pokemon around, so a Lv. 52 Golduck showed up vs. my lower level Butterfree, breaking the chain.

If you're using a Synchronizer or a Static or anything else you need to have up front but it's lower level and sucks.... Faint it. Let something kill it, then flee, and then go to your area. Put your high-level chainer behind the dead Synchro which will be in the first slot.

I hope I wasn't too confusing. Just make sure your lead Pokemon is higher level than all the Pokemon in the area or repel won't work.

(Same level doesn't work either, gotta be 1 level higher)

Oh Okay yeah that makes sense....it was just yesterday I was chaining lvl 52 pidgy and everything was going fine then my first pokemon ran outa pp so i switched it out and then it seemed like my repels stopped working and i was sooo confused ><

Thanks for the help!!!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
You are welcome Tabatha. :3

Well, I got 6 shiny Snubbull in all, but..........

I'm amazed.

I saw the double shiny patch.

TWO SHINY PATCHES AT ONCE.

I wish I could've recorded it, but I wasn't expecting it.

It was just.... wow.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009

I'm amazed.

It was just.... wow.

That is awesome dude, gratz on the 6 shinies as well as the double shiny patch, just today I was wondering to myself if it was realt

Guys

NEWS FLASH

just now as I was trying to get a claydol on a chain, what do you know that pops up but a shiny Ponyta! Although it was from the radar there was not a shiny patch it was just a normal one and the chain was 0, so would this be considered a radar or random encounter? If it's the latter it was my first one since staraptor way back in december

Guys

NEWS FLASH

just now as I was trying to get a claydol on a chain, what do you know that pops up but a shiny Ponyta! Although it was from the radar there was not a shiny patch it was just a normal one and the chain was 0, so would this be considered a radar or random encounter? If it's the latter it was my first one since staraptor way back in december

It even has an ok nature(hasty) so I could use it for wifi

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
That is awesome dude, gratz on the 6 shinies as well as the double shiny patch, just today I was wondering to myself if it was realt

Guys

NEWS FLASH

Guys

NEWS FLASH

It even has an ok nature(hasty) so I could use it for wifi

Guys

NEWS FLASH

lol, awesome! Wow, I can't decide on whether to call it random encounter or radar... There really was no chain yet.... but the grass still moved BUT there was no shiny grass.

These kinds of things make me wonder how many shinies I've lost so far while chaining. :(

Anyway, congratulations and good luck on your ... yeah. Lower evolution of Claydol chain. I forgot what they were called.
I've encountered a few of them but decided on Bronzong instead. I'm not concerned about a Rapid Spinner yet (although it could use stuff like Earth Power and Ice Beam).

edit:

Oh yeah they're called Baltoy.

Also.... didn't you used to have a shiny Buizel too?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Well ironicly this was the one time I wasn't after a shiny. which just goes to show. I was gonna catch one Baltoy then breed it with a ditto I had just caught(I looked at it's characteristic then checked IVS and 30 attack) then once I get a relaxed one breed w/ everstone til I got a shiny baltoy. Its for a gimmick battle I'm gonna do with a guy in my clan, we use pokemon from every tier, including ubers

well even though I can make shiny ponyta apear I can't do the same with baltoy so I just checked my pokedex and I've seen claydol so I'll go GTS one then breed it for shiny, later and good night

Last edited:
Years

I'm amazed.

It was just.... wow.
Wow, that must feel kind of awkward/bad. In one way, you have a shiny that you're about to get, but in another, there's that other shiny that you have to let go. Door number one, or door number two? xP Actually, I think the specific Pokémon you see is generated just as you walk into the patch, itself, so there isn't any difference. (I still have to test this theory. Save states don't work for DS in No$GBA, and I haven't even played that far on my M3 save.)

Guys

NEWS FLASH

I'd call that a random encounter. It didn't have the shiny patch "working its magic" on its stats, so it had to have been the plain ol' Random Pokémon Generator that made it shiny.

Onto personal progress, I've finished EVing and have evolved my shiny Drifloon. I don't like that huge dark patch on Drifblim's back sprite. They should have made an "in between shade" for the shadowy parts there. I'm going for a kind of Calm Mind tank set for my Blim. His IVs are too atrocious for use in serious battles anyway! :P

Next up on the hit list--Seviper!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Wow, that must feel kind of awkward/bad. In one way, you have a shiny that you're about to get, but in another, there's that other shiny that you have to let go. Door number one, or door number two? xP Actually, I think the specific Pokémon you see is generated just as you walk into the patch, itself, so there isn't any difference. (I still have to test this theory. Save states don't work for DS in No$GBA, and I haven't even played that far on my M3 save.)

I'd call that a random encounter. It didn't have the shiny patch "working its magic" on its stats, so it had to have been the plain ol' Random Pokémon Generator that made it shiny.

Onto personal progress, I've finished EVing and have evolved my shiny Drifloon. I don't like that huge dark patch on Drifblim's back sprite. They should have made an "in between shade" for the shadowy parts there. I'm going for a kind of Calm Mind tank set for my Blim. His IVs are too atrocious for use in serious battles anyway! :P

Next up on the hit list--Seviper!

I was gonna go for seviper after I try for baltoy as well

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey all. Still sring for combee from yesterday's tree. Sr for 6 hours for it. Hoping one of my other slathered trees produces combee so I can keep it going after today :p Congrats to all new shinies! Heh I haven't chained a shiny since last US thanksgiving, when I got Skarmory. Not really a big chainer. Prefer to try and get them through SR or wild encounters if possible. There's things I am going to chain, but haven't gotten around to it. Main chaining targets are going to be Misdreavus once I beat pearl, and Metapod to avenge my lost one from Gold.

Heh 5 shinies I had in 2nd gen were metapod, krabby, spearow, unown (V) and magikarp. Only need to get metapod and magikarp to completely avenge my lost shinies (stupid battery drying up). I'll also try and chain cacnea. Have one that I found on the used 2nd pearl I bought, but can't count it since no way to verify it wasn't hacked/cloned. Anyways congrats to new shinies and good luck MM on getting your shinies back!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I had 3 buizel but I traded 1 to my friend and another to some dude for a shiny latias(not sure on the authenticity which is why its not listed) and I have no idea where the 3rd went I just know its not in my boxes

Tabatha

Years
Hey everyone!

Congratz about the new shinies!!!! I love the shiny ponyta I think the blue flames are super awsome.

I made the final Decision and evolved my shiny eevee into a flareon....flareon is my favorite pokemon and oh well so what it it's shiny isn't as cool looking as the other eeveelution shinies

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years

I made the final Decision and evolved my shiny eevee into a flareon....flareon is my favorite pokemon and oh well so what it it's shiny isn't as cool looking as the other eeveelution shinies

I think they all look cool, especially Flareon. Sometimes it only needs a subtle change to look awesome, and it reminds me of a bronze statue.

well i started Sring for palkia today wish me luck ^^ not keeping track of the number of sr. It gives me huge headache

Good luck dude. =)

So....

I been doing some other things atm. Smogon's back so I'm hoping to send those last few Pokemon back to their rightful owner, and I also kinda hope that girl is satisfied with the trading as of now.

Today's Swarm Pokemon were Krabby (D) and Makuhita (P).

1st, although I want Krabby/Kingler, I just don't really want to do it right now.

2nd, I've been waiting on Makuhita as well (for reasons to actually counter one of my own strategies lol).
The problem?
I need an Impish Synch and I only have one and I need it on Diamond to chain those Gligar when I finally get the chance. I could look on FR for more of them, but you see, that's just the first of a few other problems..

They're on route 225. If this was Diamond, it'd be no sweat.

This is Pearl. I haven't even been to Route 225 yet. There's still trainers left to be fought and I don't feel like fighting, especially when you only have 3 high level Pokemon consisting of Infernape, Ninetails and Palkia. Sounds 'strong' I guess but it lacks one thing and that's confidence.

3rd, it has to do with the above as well. These things are at Lv. 50, 51 apiece. They might not die in one hit, not to mention all the other tougher Pokemon around.

So looks like I'll just save Makuhita for another day, and see what tomorrow brings.

SPeaking of Smogon I'm trying to get a good Ditto so I can start breeding/hatching Shroomish for a shiny one. I don't know why, but I really, really want one. I can't stop thinking about it at times.

So I'm hoping that guy will lend me a hand... I've never really bred a Pokemon for good IVs and nature before. (Although I'm just going for shininess)

IF I get it, I'll probably do it on one of the Pearls, since pretty much all the boxes are clear.

And with that many eggs, I'll more than likely get actual GOOD Pokemon to start real trading.

But what I really want is that shiny.

I was going to test something, to see if I could re-learn False Swipe using a Heart scale. If so, I could use the Breloom as a fighter AND a sleeper. =)

Well, it'd still be a sleeper anyway.

/post.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have been SRing for Regigigas the past couple of days. I haven't done that many but I am doing it right now while posting this. It takes ages to SR for it. I might do SRing for Regigigas and Torchic at same time tonight. I haven't fully decided. I am als going to start Pearl on my R4 as I have no idea where my actual copy of Pearl is. I lost it at my nan's house when I stayed there a while ago and haven't been able to find it. Hopefully will get a shiny on my playthrough and might SR for Palkia.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
Years
Aren't shinys like close to impossible to find? Do you have any techniques that we can
use or are we on our own? And do u supply the signature pics because I don't know
how to make them.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
gs.

SPeaking of Smogon I'm trying to get a good Ditto so I can start breeding/hatching Shroomish for a shiny one. I don't know why, but I really, really want one. I can't stop thinking about it at times.

So I'm hoping that guy will lend me a hand... I've never really bred a Pokemon for good IVs and nature before. (Although I'm just going for shininess)

/post.

i have a adament ditto with 31ivs in spd and atk it will help you alot plus it holds everstone

Tabatha

Years
So I get home last night right around 1:30 in the morning and I decide to check what's swarming today and it's a voltorb.....cool I guess....so I begin to chain and get to 20 and then I figure it's like 2:15 my eyes are hurting I should go to bed before I screw up my chain.....I wake up and continue to chain and make it to 31 yay then I go into what I think is definatly a voltorb patch of grass and BAM wingull I nearly cried because I was soooooo close QQ......Well I'm taking my alakazam to the poke-center so I can get his pp back and I'll start again I guess ><
Sigh a blue voltorb would be sooo neat

EDIT: YAY made it to a 40 chain on voltorb!!! It's my first 40 woot!!! so now i'm just resetting the radar a bunch of times hoping to get a shiny patch!

EDIT: There it is!!! the shiny patch!!! the first ever shiny patch I've ever seen.....and YAY I catch my first shiny (my other 3 shinies I got in trades) while I have my chain still going I'm gonna see if I can get a few more just so I have some nature options and also a few to trade without having to bother cloning but anyways yeah yay i'm super happy today is by far the awsomest!

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
i have a adament ditto with 31ivs in spd and atk it will help you alot plus it holds everstone

cool. If I can't get one from that one guy.... I'll probably try to swindle that one off of you. =P

So I get home last night right around 1:30 in the morning and I decide to check what's swarming today and it's a voltorb.....cool I guess....so I begin to chain and get to 20 and then I figure it's like 2:15 my eyes are hurting I should go to bed before I screw up my chain.....I wake up and continue to chain and make it to 31 yay then I go into what I think is definatly a voltorb patch of grass and BAM wingull I nearly cried because I was soooooo close QQ......Well I'm taking my alakazam to the poke-center so I can get his pp back and I'll start again I guess ><

EDIT: YAY made it to a 40 chain on voltorb!!! It's my first 40 woot!!! so now i'm just resetting the radar a bunch of times hoping to get a shiny patch!

EDIT: There it is!!! the shiny patch!!! the first ever shiny patch I've ever seen.....and YAY I catch my first shiny (my other 3 shinies I got in trades) while I have my chain still going I'm gonna see if I can get a few more just so I have some nature options and also a few to trade without having to bother cloning but anyways yeah yay i'm super happy today is by far the awsomest!

Congratulations!! I bet that was one thrilling experience, huh? (it's funny there's a thunderstorm just over the hill and Voltorb is electric)

My shiny Electrode I got on Sapphire while looking for a shiny Magnemite served me well. It was hilarious using it on CPU Rock and Ground trainers....... I'd outrun them, use Magnet Rise, and coincidentally my Electrode had HP (Hidden Power) Water 55. It wasn't that strong but it got the job done back then. Oh, and Thunderbolt. :P

I named mine Sonic, because it's fast and blue. I may use it again for nostalgic's sake. :)

As far as news with me goes, there's this guy that saw my videos and wants a shiny Lickitung. It states on my profile page that my shinies aren't for sale, but I went ahead and asked what he had. Anymore, I can't stand using traded Pokemon that wasn't caught by me. He has a naughty Dugtrio though, and also a Lucario, but I also told him that we could battle for it, because he seems to be a budding competitive battler and could use the experience. If he chooses to go down that path, it won't matter if I win or not. I'll be looking for his experience and if he's worthy.

I worked hard for my Pokemon, so they aren't going to be let go of easily.

oh yeah also, I'm itching to start trying to get a shiny Gligar..... so I hope I get this trade crap done soon.. =| I don't want to be disturbed and have to quit chaining, and I also don't want to leave anyone waiting.

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years

WOOOT congrats lets have a party gosh shiny voltorb looks awsome. it dosent look like a pokeball anymore =O

and about the ditto you can clone ditto for yourself right? if you can ill be glad to give it to you

Back