• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Unless X/Y gives us a cutscene like they did in B2W2 showing Kyurem transform to its other form for Mewtwo, here's how it will look in the anime. Keep in mind, we're not talking about the anime here. That should take place in the Pokèmon Anime forum under its Episode Discussion sub-forum.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yup, I'm gloating now.

It seems weird that he would entirely vanish like that, however, before reappearing in the new Forme. But that is how they would do it in the game (actually, in B/W/B2/W2, they basically tear a Pokémon into pieces and rebuild it, so that's even odder).

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
Even if Mewtwo's new form is just a small in-game event that you can unlock in X/Y, I hope they show us a cutscene similar to the one in B2W2 that shows Mewtwo transforming into its new form. A detailed transformation that is.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Awakened Mewtwo is close to my earlier guess, which was Mewtwo Awakened Form. I have to say, I like their choice of name better. It does make the most sense though given that this is supposedly Mewtwo's new form after awakening. I wonder if X/Y will keep this reasoning behind its new form in the game or alter it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Is that Mewtwo's voice in the trailer? If it is, then those who called Awakened Mewtwo a "feminine" Mewtwo forme were right! I was almost surprised when I heard it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I didn't have my volume all the way up as to not disturb people in the room (and I don't feel like wearing my headphones), but really, how feminine was it? oO; Haha, The mewtwo voice I have in my head is the one from the First Movie, which was pretty deep and manly, so it's pretty surprising to see this! xD
It reminded me of a...kind old lady, to be honest xD Which is why I was so surprised! I thought it was a sort of narration, but then the voice started speaking again after Ash referred to Mewtwo, so it seems a lot like Mewtwo's!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That's not Mewtwo's form voice. Its his voice for the movie. We may get a male voice when it comes out as a Dub. The Voice Actor is female hence the voice, but that may not mean anything for the actual Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
That's not Mewtwo's form voice. Its his voice for the movie. We may get a male voice when it comes out as a Dub. The Voice Actor is female hence the voice, but that may not mean anything for the actual Pokemon.

I know. But it's interesting that they give him a female voice now after all this time (I don't remember him having a feminine voice in the older movies).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm disappointed cuz it's not a new PKMN!
Aw well... Better start to get used to it then... Sigh...

Years
$5 this gets merged.

Anyway; There was never any chance of it being an evolution - Mewtwo is a legendary pokemon and one criteria for being a legendary is that the pokemon doesn't evolve.

I am disappointed that it is a new forme not a new pokemon, Mewtwo is a pokemon that you just shouldn't touch especially as it was already great and had a far better design originally anyway. I don't hate the new forme but really it just doesn't compare to the original design of Mewtwo and I'm very disappointed with Gamefreak.

Also - please, please, please give him the same voice as his other two movies for the English dub of the Mewtwo vs Genesect movie, PLEEAAASSEEE.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
When I first heard about this I was like yes Mewtwo is going to be in the new Pokemon Games. Then I saw the new form I was kind of disappointed because it wasn't what I excepted but I'm completely okay with MewTwo but I was kind of hoping for another version of the Mews like a third Mew or something. Because we all know in the PKMN Universe that MewTwo is the smart being ever. So I was thinking that maybe Metwo found a way to create another Pokemon on his own.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Awakened Mewtwo is close to my earlier guess, which was Mewtwo Awakened Form. I have to say, I like their choice of name better. It does make the most sense though given that this is supposedly Mewtwo's new form after awakening. I wonder if X/Y will keep this reasoning behind its new form in the game or alter it.

I think they'll keep it. Although I think the question is more of whether we'll be given it by a mail man, or through a big sort of event. :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think they'll keep it. Although I think the question is more of whether we'll be given it by a mail man, or through a big sort of event. :(
I hope it's something in the vein of what they did for Arceus in HG/SS. If we're just given an item or something by a mailman, then that's going to be pretty underwhelming. I don't necessarily have my hopes up high for how it'll be done, but at least make it sort of memorable. You know?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
So basically from what all I know is...Mewtwo can go into his version of Super Saiyan. Does anyone know what ability he uses to go into his new form?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
So basically from what all I know is...Mewtwo can go into his version of Super Saiyan. Does anyone know what ability he uses to go into his new form?

That's not something currently known, all we know is that it can change forms.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
$5 this gets merged.

Anyway; There was never any chance of it being an evolution - Mewtwo is a legendary pokemon and one criteria for being a legendary is that the pokemon doesn't evolve.

I am disappointed that it is a new forme not a new pokemon, Mewtwo is a pokemon that you just shouldn't touch especially as it was already great and had a far better design originally anyway. I don't hate the new forme but really it just doesn't compare to the original design of Mewtwo and I'm very disappointed with Gamefreak.

Also - please, please, please give him the same voice as his other two movies for the English dub of the Mewtwo vs Genesect movie, PLEEAAASSEEE.

I really would have preferred that this be a new Mew clone created by scientists. They could have created a cool and intricate story behind that.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I know that alternate Formes have spread like flu lately, but I don't even understand some of the hate. Yes, Mewtwo didn't really need a new Forme, but who knows? Maybe this Forme is better than the original one.

And what's so bad about having a tail in the head?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I know that alternate Formes have spread like flu lately, but I don't even understand some of the hate. Yes, Mewtwo didn't really need a new Forme, but who knows? Maybe this Forme is better than the original one.

And what's so bad about having a tail in the head?
I still support the "Mewtwo and Jessie's Lovechild" theory, FWIW.

And I don't call it a tail attached to the head; I call it a sort of weird kind of hair. Though it doesn't make sense to me how the tail can just go up there in a quick form change.

Cyclone

Back