• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
Scyther and Haunter evolve the same way in Fire Red/Leaf Green. Also I'm the only person to not battle a Weezing in Amythest Sewers, I believe. If you encountered a Team Tundra Grunt with a Rattata in Morphic Tunnel you'll probably encounter the Weezing guy. You'll also encounter tile errors in Scarlet Forest and a Bug Maniac with Gyarados (he actually has a Volbeat) in the route south of Scarlet Town. I believe you have to download a different kind of Fire Red ROM if anyone plans on making a Let's Play of it.

Schiffy

Faceless Hack Supporter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Orre
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
I'm trying to play this game through an EZFlash V and it keeps acting like a GBA game with dirt in it (the "Nintendo" on the startup screen is screwed up). Anyone know why this kind of thing happens and how to fix it?

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
hey i wanna know how this is going its been 2 years since the beta it says i wanna know if this project is cancelled or your just taking a break

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
This looks really neat even without tiles

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Is it progressing ? i want to play a complete version badly :P it is one of the best hacks around...Also in two days we it closes two years of inactivity....i think it's cancelled....

Last edited:
Years
I've used Pokemon Fire Red 1636 and it does not work. I tried searching for a Pokemon Fire Red 1635 ROM, but I haven't found one yet. When I do find the ROM that is needed to be played I'll tell what type you would need, but you have to do the searching. I think 1638 might have been the one also. I have played through Amythest Sewers before and not encountered a level 49 Weezing, and I do not want to. Coincidentally in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 there is a sewer line before the third gym and the gym leader is Poison typed and female like Roxie and there hasn't been a Poison gym in a while.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've used Pokemon Fire Red 1636 and it does not work. I tried searching for a Pokemon Fire Red 1635 ROM, but I haven't found one yet. When I do find the ROM that is needed to be played I'll tell what type you would need, but you have to do the searching. I think 1638 might have been the one also. I have played through Amythest Sewers before and not encountered a level 49 Weezing, and I do not want to. Coincidentally in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 there is a sewer line before the third gym and the gym leader is Poison typed and female like Roxie and there hasn't been a Poison gym in a while.
Isn't the third Gym still in Castelia? Roxie's Poison Gym is located in one of the new areas, Virbank City, and is the second Gym. I'm already planning trips to the Pokémon Center after every battle. That won't be fun. But this is getting off topic, so I will shush there...

Cyclone

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
tip: metal is immune to poison

anyway awesome hack

ps. that doesnt seem it will ever be complete :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
:/ I'm playing this and whenever I try to save, it says "Save error-please exchange backup memory"

UtopiaRay

Pokemon Champion
Years
Yes! My favourite hack! This hack has "clean" graphics and what i mean by that its really simple and that what makes it appealing i can't wait for the full version!

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Excuse me but my manual save is not working is that a problem and can I can fix it without restarting the game if so how?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry rajvir but please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month. In answer to your question, try opening VBA and go to Options > Emulator > Save Type, and select "Automatic" and "Flash 128k".

Frostbite, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either giradialkia or myself.

Back