• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intro Sprites Editing!

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Hey PC!

I am going to be making a few tutorials about editing the Big Intro Sprites!
Hopefully you will understand throughout the tutorial but if you have any questions, just post them in a reply below :D.

Things You Will Need:
FSF - HackMew's Tool Factory
VBA - Google
Fire Red Rom - Google
unLZ - HackMew's Tool Factory
APE - HackMew's Tool Factory
Irfanview - Google
Paint - Comes with Windows
Calculator - Comes with Windows
NotePad - Comes With Windows

Let's Get Started (MALE HERO)
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
great tut, but could you also use gimp instead of photoshop?

~*Mew*~

Rom Hacker.
Years
This Tutorial is good to the NEWBIES and other users.
Though, i already know how to do it.;)
Anyway, this is really helpful.
Well done!:)

~*Mew*~

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Is there ANY way or other program to do this without Photoshop?
I don't have it and the trial version is 325MB... Way too much for me to download without making my computer go asploud...
I have everything else here and many many tools, so is there no alterative?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Is there ANY way or other program to do this without Photoshop?
I don't have it and the trial version is 325MB... Way too much for me to download without making my computer go asploud...
I have everything else here and many many tools, so is there no alterative?
Are you sure you don't have enough space? Because 325mb is hardly anything.

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
...shoot...

I'm trying to download it but I'm on a pretty crappy connection so I don't know if I can. Plus, it'd be cool to have something to go to when the 30 day trial is up, seeing as I'm too cheap to buy photoshop. :P

EDIT: NEVERMIND!! LMAO!
I went nextdoor where the neighbors have highspeed and started to get the trial version, and their kid copied me his full to use at home XD Edit2: It turns out you still have to activate it, so I'll be out of luck in 30 days anyway. At least I can do this now!

But actually, it'd still be awesome if there was another option for other people with this problem. I know there are other ways to add sprites, but its a shame to only be able to follow this super easy newb-perfect route only halfway.

EDIT EDIT EDIT!:
Weeelll... This is what I ended up with. *attaches*
Looked great right up until you import the final photoshop edit into the game with Unlz... *head-desk* >.<

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2009
Where do you get the offsets for other sprites, like Pro.Oak, and Gary, etc.

Prof.Oak is for me: 342
and
Gary is for me: 343

I don't have photoshop so it won't work for me but when i get the time to download a trial i try this out.

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Oh. My. Gawd. I redid this 3 times and its happened everytime! At least the one that I posted was the right palette this time, but I can't make it ungarbled! When I view the character in unLz, its only nice like your's in color; if I view it in b&w like in the tut its all messed up like my final result... :'(

Back