• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone else skip Chuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
I'm currently doing a Heartgold Nuzlocke and I finally reached Cianwood. I was expecting to have to beat Chuck to obtain the secret potion, but apparently you don't have to! Went back to Olivine, healed Amphy then beat Jasmine. I know that you can skip Winona in R/S/E, but I never heard of you being able to skip Chuck. Did anyone else skip him?

(Btw I do know I will have to beat him to get to the league, but I just thought it was cool how you could skip it and all)

Years
Not really, in fact, I never tried getting the potion first and then leaving. I never did noticed that. By the time I reached Chuck, I almost had the full team I wanted. But seeing how Jasmine had an annoying Steelix(wasn't really that bad), I was focused on grinding my team in the sea and then going to fight the trainers in the gym.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I suppose you could skip him if you wanted to, but it's such a nuisance not being able to fly home!! I've never skipped him really though. I always feel like Gym leaders are compulsory :)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I skipped him accidentally in my Gold version as I was too young.

Purposely skipped him in Heartgold as I stick to same story plot in Soulsilver.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
No; fly is too much of a useful move to not have around and it would become tedious going from point a to b on land rather than just flying there.

Years
I didn't skip him! Would've missed out on some nice experience otherwise.. and more importantly, you need his badge to get the Fly HM.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I've skipped him before, too. I don't care about fly, I don't like flying types anyways. Plus you can move so quickly with the bike.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I skipped him accidentally in the original Pokemon Gold, but when I played HG a few years later I made a special effort to avoid making that mistake for the second time. :p

This topic reminds me of how one can choose to skip battling Maylene in DPPt to battle Crasher Wake beforehand. It's that little it of space that GF have given us which I believe ensure the storyline isn't too linear and banal.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I know you can skip him, like you can with Winona, just the last gym leader (Juan/Wallace in RSE) Say you're missing Fortree City's badge, and in G/S/C/HG/SS I believe a guy blocks the gym, saying you're not ready for the final gym.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Well, that lady talked too high of her husband for me to miss him. Fortunately, she made it up with le convenient Fly HM. He was quite considerable by strength, but lacked the intellect to beat Gold (#iknowhesethanbutidrc).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Interesting... I never skipped him or any other gym leader so it's news to me...
Still... I don't see the point of skipping gym leader, you won't be able to battle E4 if you don't have all badges so you would have to return anyways...
And surfing from Olivine to Cianwood AGAIN...? No thanks =D

Sirfetch’d

I didn't because I don't see the point. You needed to defeat him to get the most helpful HM in the game, Fly, so skipping him would really be a mistake.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I personally would have skipped chuck if the HM relating to him was Flash or something since Flash is useless if you have maps

Years
My first time playing SS, I accidentally skipped Jasmine and Chuck and went straight to Pryce. It took me a while to realize that I skipped 2 gyms.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
First time I played it I went straight to Pryce because I wanted to see the Red Gyarados, so yeah, I've skipped Chuck and Jasmine before. In fact if memory serves me right I may have even tried to battle Pryce before Morty...you can't, but I tried.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Nope, I've never skipped a gym leader in any game before, even if I had the option. I'm not sure why, but I've always wanted to do things in the proper order to make sure I was prepared.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Don't see the point in that really, you need fly. You'll have to fight him eventually, so why skip him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back