• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help With Python and Make

pikachux2

Never Evolve
Years
Hey helpful people, I'm trying to build https://github.com/Sagiri/cbpb Sagiri's Trainer Based Pokeball code, and insert it into my rom. In the read me it states I need Python and make. So I grabbed python and make 3.7.5 with DevkitARM (I don't know what this stuff is). Sagiri then insists that I can use this command python scripts/build (in the python command prompt I assume?) to build the code. But his caveat is that I must have the environment set up properly. What does this mean?

So I have my comy of make and Python, what exactly am I supposed to do with these? (Assume I'm a comp sci major who sucks at system programming, which is true)

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Just for the record, I helped out pikachux2 with this over email a couple months back.

How do you get r45 of devkitARM? The only available one on Msys seems to be r49-2, I have tried to reinstall it with the r45 version but it doesn't seem to want to work, the only thing I can install is the latest

You'd be better off asking in the Discord. A few people have copies of it.

Years
Just for the record, I helped out pikachux2 with this over email a couple months back.

You'd be better off asking in the Discord. A few people have copies of it.

Just for the record, Saqiri also helped me with this problem! If you're trying to build the double wild Pokemon GitHub thing, it's bugged. When you lose in a wild double battle, the next battle will be a single battle but act like a trainer battle where the 6 Pokemon Sprite will come on screen and a second pokemon will come out. Not "game breaking" but certainly funky.

Back