• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Pokemon ever captured

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
In SoulSilver, it was probably Heracross somewhere in Azalea City. I reeeeeeeeeally don't like capturing Pokemon that I won't use on my final team, so avoid it wherever possible. Because I also plan out my team before I even start the game, I have a good idea of what I'm going to get when in an early stage, and prepare accordingly. The first two gyms were fine for my lil' Cyndaquil/Quilava to use on their own, and when I got Headbutt, I headbutted me a Heracross as fast as I could! (When I played Gold, I probably got a Mareep beforehand, but I'd told myself I was going to wait for a Magnemite this time around.)

As for Platinum, I got me a nice lil' HM Slave Bidoof. To love and care for and not completely abuse as an unintended byroduct of me forcing all of my HMs on it. Not at all.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Gold, Sentret.
Ruby Emerald, Zigzagoon.
Firered, Pidgey.
Diamond Platinum, Starly.
Heartgold, Pidgey.
Black, Lillipup.

Yep, I still remember!

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Mine was a Starly. Knew I would need a fly type.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
It was either Shinx or Starly. I knew it was one of those two at around the same time.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Diamond was a Starly, I believe. My second-caught Starly is still around, but now she's a level 100 Staraptor <3 My starter (which I know doesn't count) was Piplup. D:

SoulSilver was a Sentret, I think? With my starter being Cyndaquil.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Hmmm in Diamond I remember catching a shiny Shinx... but I don't remember if it was the first one... I started it in the middle of the night. 8D But I think It was something more common like Starly. Still have the little kitten, named Simba. (Oh how unoriginal... *goes to hide*)
Platinum was the same sort of, middle of the night start up. I think I went all the way to Jubilife without catching a thing. Then I caught a Budew around 7am while grinding.

SoulSilver - Sentret. Because I needed someone for my team who can Surf and use a lot of HMs.
HeartGold for me has too many resets already that it's not significant.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
This is very hard for me in Pokemon Soul Silver to remember, I think it was a Pidgey and as for Pokemon Platinum and Pearl, it was def. a Starly.....hmmm all Normal/Flying types

:t354:TG

Years
In HG I'm pretty sure my first Pokemon was a lv. 2 or 3 Pidgey. Maybe a Sentret but for some reason my mind's focusing more on Pidgey, so it was probably that. Wish I could remember. D:

Definitely don't remember for D/P/Pt, but I'm inclined to say it was Starly.

Sir Codin

For HGSS, it was a Bellsprout...just so I could get an Onix in a trade. XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
My first capture in any of the gen IV games - in Diamond - was a Shinx. I sort of expected another Skitty or Meowth, and was surprised when I saw it was Electric. Other than occasionally making space for things I was training and leveling, it never left my team.

My first captures in both Pearl and Platinum were also Shinxes, and very deliberately.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Shinx that I used for the rest of the game and later transferred to Soul Silver in Diamond. And a Pidgey in Soul Silver that I evolved and kept right up until the elite four

Back