• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

GFA's Pixel Place

Atomic Reactor

Well, thats kind of the point now isn't it? Feme la bush

No, the point is to make them look like ghosts..
Put more effort into them man..
Make it so the gas surrounds the whole body, don't just paste the sprite over it..
And make look more... sinister, get rid of the pupils, make them look more... evil? idk.
Just put some more effort into it.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
No, the point is to make them look like ghosts..
Put more effort into them man..
Make it so the gas surrounds the whole body, don't just paste the sprite over it..
And make look more... sinister, get rid of the pupils, make them look more... evil? idk.
Just put some more effort into it.

*Cocks head* Are you sure... this doesn't *to* look to sinister to me. Though making more aura might make some sense. Honestly, I'm just following a tut. I'd put more gas around them, but they'd break 80x80.

Any C&C for my poor Astronomer that literally took me 3 hours?

Years
Almost a year old then, eh?

Alright let's see...I'm not 100% sure about his outfit but I'll try and see what looks quirky.

Because it's not in the first picture I guess I can understand the metal shoulder plate is facing sideways but it doesn't have a good continuity. If it's facing sideways the second last and last sprites' metal piece should be facing the opposite way really. It seems like it gets longer as it went through.
The headband could stand at least a tiny curve to make it more dynamic. The straight diagonal lines just don't look very nice.
For colors the backsprites contain three shades per color, the darkest used only in the outline along with black. i.e., stay away from the all black outlines of the clothes.

In the third piece the right hand is gloved (or colored black) when the first two are not and the colors on the second right hand do not match the first or the face.

ADD: Let my batteries recharge, then I'll C+C the Astronomer.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Almost a year old then, eh?

Alright let's see...I'm not 100% sure about his outfit but I'll try and see what looks quirky.

Because it's not in the first picture I guess I can understand the metal shoulder plate is facing sideways but it doesn't have a good continuity. If it's facing sideways the second last and last sprites' metal piece should be facing the opposite way really. It seems like it gets longer as it went through.
The headband could stand at least a tiny curve to make it more dynamic. The straight diagonal lines just don't look very nice.
For colors the backsprites contain three shades per color, the darkest used only in the outline along with black. i.e., stay away from the all black outlines of the clothes.

In the third piece the right hand is gloved (or colored black) when the first two are not and the colors on the second right hand do not match the first or the face.

ADD: Let my batteries recharge, then I'll C+C the Astronomer.

And, that proves how unobservant I am, as my Science teacher says, "Gifted and Talented..." But, thanks for the C&C, its really helpful, I'll probably be revamping him sometime, so who knows...

You really ADD?

Years
And, that proves how unobservant I am, as my Science teacher says, "Gifted and Talented..."

You really ADD?

Oh hoh, "Gifted and Talented" is a general term for higher thinking, it just doesn't tell you that some people are lacking in other parts like common sense or observation.

Is that bad grammar for the diagnosis ADD, or Adding things?
I add to my posts, capitals for attention. I edit my post 1000 times for errors or clarity even when I read over them first.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Oh hoh, "Gifted and Talented" is a general term for higher thinking, it just doesn't tell you that some people are lacking in other parts like common sense or observation.

Is that bad grammar for the diagnosis ADD, or Adding things?
I add to my posts, capitals for attention. I edit my post 1000 times for errors or clarity even when I read over them first.

Well, you said "ADD: Let my batteries recharge, then I'll C+C the Astronomer." so I thought you were saying you were ADD...

Years
Well, you said "ADD: Let my batteries recharge, then I'll C+C the Astronomer." so I thought you were saying you were ADD...

Hehe, I can understand the confusion. I just tried to bring attention that it was an addition for someone who had already read it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Well, thats kind of the point now isn't it?

As I might have mentioned earlier, me and my friends are making a game for class in school, and I'm doing the spriting... Behold, the Astrologer/Astronomer!

No, it's not the point, and even if it were that wouldn't change that it's not very creative. You're supposed to make it look like it would in, say, a handheld Colloseum. (And for the record only one shadow Pokemon in either game)

As for the astronomer, he doesn't have any right fingers, and the shading is a bit two-dimensional on the right arm.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
No, it's not the point, and even if it were that wouldn't change that it's not very creative. You're supposed to make it look like it would in, say, a handheld Colloseum. (And for the record only one shadow Pokemon in either game)

As for the astronomer, he doesn't have any right fingers, and the shading is a bit two-dimensional on the right arm.

Wait what, huh. What do you mean only one in each game?

Thank you for the C&C on the Astronomer. I guess that was what I was looking for. *Insightful C&C that is*

Years
Mmkay, batteries recharged.

I like the astronomer, but I can still see the fishermen in him. (Btw, when you saved it I think you cut off the last line for the boot.)
You've gotten rid of the non-black line that was on the fishermen so now his arm is kinda gooey, especially because there is nothing that separates the arm from the torso flesh in that gaping shirt. And speaking of that shirt, I don't find the clothes fitting for an astronomer. Well there isn't a uniform for them, but it just doesn't seem to fit. I see more of an intellectual person. The mustache needs to be more dynamic, like I said with the headband in Michel. Perfect lines just are not human enough nor pleasing.
Said before, you are missing some fingers.

I think you need to work on outlines a little more. Like with the pants to boots, you've added a thick black outline when the lack of outline indicates that the pants are tucked into the boots. In various other places you've gotten rid of the color variances in outline that I don't think you should. One solid outline makes the sprite look very flat and unappealing.
And for the telescope, it's nice. I can't really think of a way to do it better but avoiding that total black outline really looks nice. I'm not saying pillow shade, but little variences.

bagcloseup.png

Take the trainer bag for example. You have a slightly lighter spot on some two or more pixel lines that are in accordance with the light source.

This is why I do small font. I talk too much so it takes up alot of room.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Paint?

Anywho, thanks Lornami, It's like I get on for hours at a time, then don't get on for ages...

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Uggh... loads of homework, so I haven't been able do update

tried to fix Gary's OW

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
An Ash sprite that I made for fun, anyone who can guess the base gets a Cookie!

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Danke. I'll try. For now I have to edit the Ash sheet to fit the correct measurements which is really a pain....

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Oi, Bumpdate, I finally got around to trying to fix Brock's hair. AKA, making it smaller, I'm not quite sure if I like how it turned out though.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
i actually like the hair on this one, it doesnt look to bad. bu maybe bring the two side points in one pixel i think it would look better like that

Back