The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Casting
Pokémon OPEN (M)Pokemon Battle Royale - Earth and Sky: Beyond

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 3rd, 2018 (6:30 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Quto.

Nature: Lonely

Travelers young an old, whether with friends or their pokemon, I invite you to sit a spell by the fire. and listen to an old Tale about the underground combat league Earth and Sky, where they began and where their roots we're based. From the old world known as Ignea, where the plateau is filled with dust and dirt, where it's edge torn across the ocean was connected to the region you knew as Lethia and where an old promise that was once kept may not be seen fulfilled for many lifetimes. You may ask me what is Ignea?.. Ignea is where Lethia began before the the combat league began, before the ascension of pokemon, before the old world clashed with the new and before the discovery of Grimor itself.

Welcome To Pokemon Earth and Sky

A lot of newcomers to the RP may ask what Earth and Sky is and I will explain it. Pokemon Earth and Sky was and is an underground combat league, similar to Fight Club or Ratchet Deadlocked though done on a much larger scale. Trainers and their friends or teams pit each other against one another to earn badge components by fighting others in head on battles or stealth tactics to earn their way into a tournament to win a single wish, whatever their hearts desired would be granted no matter the absurdity, impossibilities or the odds, they would grant it, even if they had to move heaven and earth, rip open the sky or tear apart the earth. They had the ability to pull off whatever they wanted and still choose not to do anything with the power they have, however in this iteration Beyond, we won't be following the standard story of another iteration within Lethia. As the flavor text above reads, we are now in Ignea, a new region with new dangers, new tribes, territorial pokemon and a new story to follow in another timeline. This iteration leads up to the creation or 'discovery' of Lethia and the creation of the Earth and Sky league or rather, it's beginnings. We're heading into Ignea around the 1980's out into the plateau with new oddities, new areas to explore and a whole new feel of the world before us.

You as a trainer will step out into this new region in hopes to find new pokemon, meet new friends and hope to discover new places as you make your way to the mountain pass into Ignea. Only to discover what this harsh new land will bring to you and what you can take from it alive. Pack your bag's, fill your canteen's and step into the newfound world built before you.

Character Creation

This is the standard character sheet for this iteration of Earth and Sky.
    Name: What is the name of your trainer/character
    Sex: What is their gender?
    Appearance: What do they look like? Any art renditions, keep PG-13.
    Origin: Where do they come from? Where we're they born and raised?
    Strength/Weakness: What is your character best at? Are they courageous? What are they the weakest in? What are they afraid of?
    Bio: What is their story? What leads them to now?

This is the standard 'Pokemon Team' form.
    Name: What is the name of your Pokemon?
    Species: What are they?
    Sex: What is their gender?
    Strength/Weakness: This is optional; if you want to develop your pokemon deeper as characters who take part in the story.
    Move Set: What abilities do you have?

There are a few rules to your teams and I enforce these rules strongly.
    ♦1. Under no circumstances, you cannot have a legendary pokemon on your team. You have the ability or option to capture or acquire one, but you cannot start with one in your roster.
    ♦2. You can have evolved Pokemon only up to Stage 2 evolution types with one exception. You may have at least one Stage 3 or above on your team to treat as your starter Pokemon on this whole run. However, All other pokemon on your team must evolve naturally as the story unfolds. Examples of Stage 2 evolved Pokemon are Haunter, Quilava, Raichu and so on.
    ♦3.Your Move Set MUST BE AT LEAST 4 moves or less for each and every pokemon on your team and will be kept at a minimum of 4 through our whole campaign, they can have moves based on whether they learned it through egg, move trainer, TM or just by leveling up. You cannot expand beyond 4. You have the option to change out moves via TM's, but that's it. If you want a clear list of what your pokemon can do, I recommend hitting up Bulbapedia.
    ♦4. You may use ANY pokemon from any region, I'm not a stickler nor am I picky so long as the choice doesn't clash or break any of the current rules.
    ♦5. It is possible to roleplay as a pokemon, a guideline is listed below; Message me if you have questions.
    ♦6. You can assign 1 move to be a Z-Move and attain more once you reach the region.

►Pokemon Character Sheet Guideline

This section is dedicated for people wishing to enter Earth and Sky as a Pokemon, not as a trainer.
    • To become a Pokemon during this iteration. You may use the sheet below.
    • You can't play as a legendary... As awesome as that would be; this is a survival RP, not an RP where you can take a backseat ride and powerhouse through everything.
    • Playing as a pokemon, you attain 'perks' to offset the numbers playing as a trainer have.
    ▌1: You are not restricted by your species on your moves; you may learn any move available in the library so long as that move share's the same 'primary' element as your species. Example; playing as Honedge, you have access to every single Steel based move, since it's primary element is steel, ghost being it's second and so on.
    ▌2: You have the option to communicate with pokemon in the region and with humans, even ask for help from other wild pokemon or the tribals in Ignea. You have the option of joining said Tribals if or when you meet them.
    ▌3: You can cheat death... Temporarily within reason, you have the option to escape from fights on your own free will; though choosing to flee will have repercussions on the characters future in the story.
    ▌4: You have access to a 'Sub' Move set.... Explained Below the Character Sheet.
    Name: What is your name?
    Species: What are you?
    Sex: What is your gender?
    Strength/Weakness: Like the standard Trainer Sheet above, strength's, weaknesses, where they are strongest and where they fall short. Boldness and fears.
    Bio: A short Biography of why they are in Ignea, what lead a single pokemon to take on a trek and so on.
    Move Set: What abilities do they have?
    Sub-Move Set: Utility Abilities.

• Like The team rules above, I strongly enforce how moves are assigned and your limits with the exceptions made in the perks above. Such as having a larger access to more moves.
    • You are still limited to 4 moves in your moveset and still cannot expand beyond that.
    • You are limited to 4 moves in your Subset, though the Subset plays a different role. Subset moves are move's you don't use to fight with; they are considered as Utility moves. Example, A Charmander with Ember in a move subset will use Ember to light fires for camping or light ones way in a dark cave. Vine Whip in the subset used for climbing and grapping onto ledges and so on. Your subset can be considered your 'HM Slave' in a sense.
    • Move's assigned in the subset must be based on what the pokemon is able to learn, including the first perk.
    • You are not restricted on Stage Evolution, you may attain Stage 3 or above starting in.
    • For more questions or ideas you want to expand on, please contact me.

Ground Rules

These are the standard rules that go without saying on any RP from this site.
    ♣ This RP is rated M
    ♣ Follow the TOS
    ♣ If you intend to cause trouble, you will be reported to the Mod's who run the board
    ♣ Combat between 2 participants will be handled offsite.
    ♣ Multiple Characters Are Permitted, so long as the user in control of them upkeeps them.
    ♣ Neglected Characters will be discarded and considered eaten, killed and/or lost to the Elements in Ignea.

•Trainers - Accepted Profiles•

Alive - Still Playing!
    Dead or Inactive - Discarded to the Elements or Dropped Out by other methods.

doge - Emmanuel “Manny” Chapman
    Hyper Morian - Reanne
    PkMnTrainer Yellow - Rose & Mary Maple
    Bun_Bun - Nathaniel
    Quto (Myself) - Joseph Mulder
    Julius Caeser - James Hendricks
    probablyhylian - Toru Moreu
    Gelius - Sven Dynasty Prowers & Kenshi

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 8th, 2018 (4:07 AM).
    A PokéManiac

Nature: Bashful
      Darn. How could I missed this? Ah well, but hey, glad to see you again for what seems to be months of gathering dust. A lot of things kinda happen, but I guess this can bring me back to what I enjoy doing.

However, while I'm interested to join and almost had it ready, there are several things that I think needs to be clarified.
      1. I'm kinda stuck with 'how to get to the region' part, like a mountain pass seems to be not enough. While it's true that it's possible to just leave the details in ambiguity, I feel it's kinda lacking and having them to be there right at the start is sort of odd unless it's actually a part of the prologue itself. Maybe that's just me being nitpicky, but the thing I want to ask is, how does one get there? And is it possible to have them live their history in the said region also?
      2. What's the minimum age? Yes, I'm aware that youngsters won't live for too long, nor will elderlies (lol), but maybe it'd be nice to know.
      3. How many Pokémon we can have? (Not counting the ones caught on later as the RP progresses, obviously.)

NOTE: It's just a game in PokéTrivia. While you're at it, why not try coming in here to post?
      Old April 11th, 2018 (4:31 AM).

1. Bus transport, Helicopter and/or private plane whether charted or piloting itself.
        2. I'm not agist, but above the ages of 11-12. Elderlies, I could care little, I've seen senior citizens work out and travel, if they can hold their own, by all means. If solid numbers are a req. I'd say... early 70's?
        3. 6 pokemon max, you may start with less in hopes to catch more.

Old April 14th, 2018 (3:03 PM). Edited April 14th, 2018 by doge.
        ???

hi, hey, hello, howdy, how are you Quto

Spoiler:
        Name: Emmanuel “Manny” Chapman
        Sex: Male
        Appearance:
        Manny is roughly 6’2 and has long limbs and large hands to match. His lean athletic figure is well maintained, and his skin is a dark tan color, his eyes a lighter hazel. His clothing consists primarily of mute colors and either tight athletic clothing or loose, somewhat baggy clothes. He carries all the essentials for a journey, a large bag and a good couple pair of sneakers. As far as accessories go, he wears an indistinguishable bronze chain around his neck, an heirloom.
        Origin: Orre
        Strength/Weakness: A confident, simple-minded man that often tackles problems head-on, Emmanuel has a habit of underestimating the severity or difficulty of the situations he finds himself in. He is rarely concerned with the consequences of his actions, at times only realizing them when they are presented plainly to him. While he may overlook such matters, his confidence also instills in him a sort of unwavering will, a belief that he can and will succeed in any task he sets himself towards.

Adaptability is another trait of Manny’s. Accustomed to the different and at times clashing personalities and lifestyles of his siblings, Emmanuel easily goes with the flow in most situations. His morality wavers at times, influenced easily by his surroundings, particularly by more charismatic individuals; these very circumstances led to the shady activities he partook in during his youth. In fact it could be said that Emmanuel’s decision to leave Orre was the very first thing he truly decided for himself. He himself is aware of how he allows himself to be led on, but his perhaps unwarranted confidence buries these thoughts in the back of his mind.

Bio: Emmanuel is the youngest among his large family of siblings. After his birth, Manny’s parents were largely absentee, his father physically so, away at sea, with his mother more mentally detached, the years and burden of parenthood having taken their toll on her. His siblings took over the duty of raising Emmanuel, although the job they had done was less than stellar. A few of Manny’s siblings were awful role models, and coincidentally he had taken up after them. Although not an ideal path to take, that detour into a youth of troublemaking and criminality introduced Emmanuel to pokémon and pokémon battling. While pokémon in Orre were scarce, with few, if any, native to the region, Emmanuel’s late teenage years began to slowly take on a new, more honest shape. Eventually, it became clear to him that the region had little left to offer him. He knew it was time for him to set off, to discover and explore the abundant world of pokémon that lay waiting right outside of his reach.

pokémon

Name: Juice
        Species: Poliwrath
        Move Set: Ice Punch, Scald, Dynamic Punch, Hypnosis

Name: Copper
        Species: Luxio
        Move Set: Thunderbolt, Roar, Bite, Charge

Name: Lady
        Species: Lickilicky
        Sex: Female
        Move Set: Rollout, Slam, Disable, Wrap

i might do strength/weakness stuff for the pokémon later on but aside from that, let me know if there are any issues!
        Old April 14th, 2018 (5:12 PM).

No issues at all doge, Welcome to Ignea; Profile accepted.

Old April 18th, 2018 (6:26 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by HyperMorian.
          A PokéManiac

Nature: Bashful
            Well, that took longer than I thought. Here's mine, and tell me if there's anything needing revision.
            Spoiler:
            Name: Reanne
            Appearance:
            Relatively short in height and slim postured. A red beret nests upon her blond hair that forms a long braid, hanging from the back and extends to her front. The uncovering bangs are placed in between the forehead, revealing her ebon gaze. The garment she dons comprise of a red short-sleeved shirt checkered with folded appendages and intersecting black linings along with a green bag twining across the shoulders downwards, covering the grey undershirt worn below. A grey skirt wraps around her waist and runs down just above the knee, along with black knee-length shorts beneath and a pair of red sneakers to suit her soles.
            Origin: Unova
            Strength/Weakness:
            Relaxed, gentle, and amiable, Reanne appears as a carefree, pessimistic individual who maintains a somewhat contradicting upbeat outlook. Best described as a whimsical airhead, mainly due to her quirky way of dealing with things for granted, saying things that are often out of place, and seemingly ample unawareness that somehow gives her unpararelled bravery. Her cloudy mind challenges her direction senses -- without anyone to guide her, getting lost is the least surprising thing to happen, to the point where she lazes by at a spot just to feel the breeze. Notwithstanding her eccentricies, Reanne is deceptively competent despite what her outward appearance might suggest. She tends to think first before taking things into account, preferring a more careful approach compared to risky, upfront actions. Though, considering her facetious nature, not everything she thought will actually work in her favor, and if thinking for too long, she is likely to have forgotten what she is doing. Even so, Reanne isn't very hard to convince, or manipulate to a certain extent. However, should the situation demands her to, there are chances that she can't keep her façade forever..
            Bio:
            Prior to her eventual arrival in Ignea, living a quaint and solitude life in a peaceful part of the world is a bliss by default. That was what Reanne has always thought, herself seeing a translucent view of her homeland, inside a chalet she inherited inbetween the smaller ones, housing her for a long time in an uncharted mountainous part of Unova. Though rural in population, kindred folks inhabited the town she resided alongside with occasional wild Pokémon that came from the mountain side. To exchange greetings and spreading the wildest stories across the world, she never had the thought of leaving the town for once.

Recently, Reanne assumed the title "Pokémon Trainer" in honor of following the footsteps of her father, who taught her everything about what it takes to become one before stepping a journey, never returning. What became of him is beyond her knowing, but the thought of crossing path with him entices her a lot. She could start from anywhere, to visit many places, fill out her adventure's log, if only indecisiveness didn't effectively stall her from beginning her own story due to the massive amount of things she could do. The choice was there, but the freedom didn't help her cause, where she almost gave up because she couldn't decide a thing.

Day and night kept on oscillating, up until one day, a rumor began to circulate among the mouths of the many, most of them shrugging it as a likely story made up for dummies. When one of her closest friends told Reanne of it, she was initially skeptical. A region that can grant her wishes? That wasn't something she'd hear everyday, even if somebody has to go that far to make it known, and for what purpose? Chuckles and sarcasm fill the atmosphere for a moment, but to their surprise, she decided that she will go there to ascertain its credibility and see if she is doing it right. Though they were against the idea, they knew that holding her would send her back into the square one. Rather, they told her to promise that she will return in one piece, no matter if it turns out to be a hoax. The affirming voices she heard raised her confidence -- at least when she didn't realize they meant that she won't go that far. Despite so, it was only a matter of time before they opened the destination for herself and those who are interested with the same cause, in many different parts of the world.

After she said her goodbyes to the hometown she lived in until the last day she got to see them, one of them guided her way down as she caught by the bus stop to soon after. With a step inside the sliding door, whatever comes forth, she will find out by herself.

Pokémon:

Name: Cavis
            Species: Braviary
            Move Set:
            Wing Attack
            Strength
            Superpower
            Defog

Name: Shimmer
            Species: Musharna
            Strength/Weakness: Reanne's main Pokémon. He always keeps his emotion in check and is decisively prepared to face every possible onsets.
            Move Set:
            Shadow Ball
            Psybeam
            Hypnosis
            Dream Eater

Name: Viol
            Species: Emolga
            Move Set:
            Volt Switch
            Air Slash
            Protect
            Double Team

Name: Gwyneth
            Species: Alomomola
            Move Set:
            Aqua Jet
            Surf
            Dive
            Wide Guard

NOTE: It's just a game in PokéTrivia. While you're at it, why not try coming in here to post?
            Old April 20th, 2018 (8:17 PM). Edited April 20th, 2018 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
            Queen of Magical Girls

Nature: Quirky
            Heya! I'll be applying for a Duo Character! That is, two characters working as a duet. To make it clear which pokemon belongs to which trainer, I'll be separating them into two spoilers. Looking forward to an adventure with twists, turns and teeth~!

Rose
            Spoiler:

Name: Rose Maple

Strengths: Rose is generally a rather relaxed, observant and thoughtful individual with her feet firmly rooted on the ground. Practical and reliable, she does not shy away from hard work and is the first to step out of her comfort zone when a line is drawn with her. She enjoys battling and tends to either be honest or be quiet when something doesn't agree with her. She is a good leader, and rather independent at that. In spite of her attitude, she shares her sister's appreciation for fashion and is far from homely. Rose is also an aura adept, her powers manifesting themselves as ESP (Ability to sense presences, emotions and to an extent power) and occasional bursts of unnatural strength and dexterity.

Weaknesses: Rose tends to be stubborn and set in her convictions, rather feisty and objectionable at times as a result. Her tough girl attitude has at times earned her the reputation of being rather tomboyish, and not in a positive sense of the word. She is so rooted in the ground that she often struggles with the more absurd and cryptic parts of the world around her. It is often somewhat difficult to tell how she really feels, as she often withholds her thoughts when she isn't pleased with something or someone. She has trouble getting along with other bossy/leader types and is independent to a fault in that she has difficulty listening to others when they disagree with her actions or ideas. She is not trained to use her aura properly, and so she sometimes has difficulty understanding the things she sees or senses, sometimes to the point of her own ESP misleading her and not necessarily being able to tap into her strength when she really needs it. Rose is afraid of the dark and dark type pokemon, though her fear of dark type pokemon isn't as pronounced when they're owned by friendly trainers. She also doesn't deal well with being alone all that gracefully as a result of having been attached to Mary for so long.

Bio: Rose was born and raised in the Unova region to upper-middle-class parents and was quickly joined by her sister Mary about a year and a half later. The two of them grew up very close to each other, sometimes for better and sometimes for worse. When they got along, they were fine. But when they fought as siblings are wont to do, they tended to take things very personally. As they grew up though, the fighting lessened in severity and Rose adopted a protective older sister mentality at times. The two of them shared some of their senses of humor and enjoyed playing with each other, painting each other's nails, gardening, and going to school together. Oddly enough, Rose tended to hang out with her sister instead of or in addition to other friends because of their closeness. This later extended to pokemon themselves, with both girls being familiar with and having occasionally commanded each other's pokemon. The family owned a snivy and a ralts as pets growing up, with the two pokemon acting as members of the family and later babysitters during their early years. These pokemon would also serve as their starters and evolve with them once they old enough to begin appreciating the idea of battling and giving commands. Leafy the snivy evolved as Rose began training her and again after Rose began accompanying her when she went out to hunt. Rose developed a competitive streak as she grew older, and desired to go out on her own pokemon journey to become stronger and meet a bunch of new people she could compete with! It was her dream to become a pokemon master.

Name: Leafy
            Species: Serperior
            Move Set: Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Mean Look, Dragon Pulse

Name: Shao
            Species: Mienshao
            Move Set: Detect, Drain Punch, High Jump Kick, Knock Off

Name: Dahlia
            Species: Honedge
            Move Set: Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, Destiny Bond

Mary
            Spoiler:

Name: Mary Maple

Strengths: Amiable and sweet, Mary is a sea of smiles and optimism on most days. She tends to see the best in others and tends to be an encouraging force in any party. Because of this, accompanied by her general good looks and easygoing, helpful disposition, and willingness to cooperate and listen to others, she tends to find it easy to get along with other people. Although she is reluctant to pick fights, she is actually a strong trainer who strives to fight in perfect sync with her pokemon, sometimes imitating their movements! She is adept at fae magic (Think: Fairy Tale Girls, the fairy type equivalent to psychics or hex maniacs), using the power of love and frills to empower herself and by extension her pokemon with uncanny staying power and stopping power, not unlike a magical girl!

Weaknesses: Not unlike a Fairy Tale Girl, her head is a bit in the clouds and she almost seems to live in a different world at times. This makes her a bit clumsy compared to her older sister, often chalked up to her carefree nature. She isn't likely to prepare for an upcoming danger unless she gets the chance She has a tendency to kill tension with her light-heartedness and embarrass others if they try to take themselves too seriously around her. She is rather emotionally sensitive, and there isn't much ground between her cheery normal self and being distraught or wanting to beat someone up--with the former much more common than the latter. Her glamorous, magical-girl esque abilities mean that she tends to be a little bit inconsistent in battle, rarely trying her hardest unless pressured to, even if that means losing a battle. Mary has a strong fear of being alone, though her pokemon are usually enough to ward off those fears for short periods of time. She is also afraid of many, but not all, poison type pokemon.

Bio: Relative to Rose, Mary grew close to the family's pet ralts and they evolved together as Mary formed a stronger emotional bond with it. Unlike Rose, she chose not to battle and instead usually tagged along just to watch the other and make sure that Rose would be okay. In contrast, she tended to lead Rose along when it came time to making friends or trying new things. When Rose adopted an older sister mentality, Mary refused to play along and instead developed a protective older sister personality of her own, refusing to acknowledge that she was, in fact, the younger of the two of them. This lead to many people confusing them for twins. She came to Rose's and Leafy's rescues on multiple occasions when they found themselves overwhelmed or caught off guard, generally the only instances where she actually battled without being pushed into it. When it came time for Rose to leave and go on a pokemon journey, their parents weren't entirely supportive of the idea preferring that they stay at home and away from danger. However, to Rose's surprise, Leafy decided to join her on her journey. However, she had one condition. They had to explore somewhere far away from home, where she could explore distant lands and meet lots of new friends and pokemon she'd never heard of! Seeing the appeal in the compromise, Rose agreed.

Name: Peach
            Species: Gardevoir
            Move Set: Stored Power, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Healing Wish

Name: Venessa
            Species: Mawile
            Move Set: Stockpile, Swallow, Play Rough, Sucker Punch

It's been a long time since we crossed paths over space-time~
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:59 AM).

No issues between Hyper Morian or Yellow's duel characters.

All 3 character profiles have been accepted.

New Ground Rule has been added; Multiple characters are acceptable providing you can keep up with them. If the characters are neglected, they will be considered dead and/or killed by the regions elements and cannot respawn.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:43 PM).
              Simple Wanderer of the World... I come from the shadows.

Nature: Relaxed
                Expect a character from me. Been on the second and fourth itenerations, i'll take the fifth as well, why not? Plus, days chilling in Discord were quiet.

Pokemon Super Eevee Edition
                Pokemon Red Adventures
                Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Name: Nrop Rats
                Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:54 AM).

This will be my form, hopefully it gets accepted!

Spoiler:

Name: Nathaniel
                  Appearance:
                  Somewhat tall in height and slim postured. Dons a white wig (somewhat similar to how Brendan's one was from Sapphire?). While having blue eyes, his outfit tells a somewhat different tale. He dons a checkered plaid shirt, with unfolded sleeves. He has a metal bracelet on his right arm, perhaps there for sentimental reasons. Simple grey jeans adorn his bottom, with black sports sneakers to complete the somewhat messy look.

Origin: Hoenn

Strengths:
                  A straightforward and honest person. Nathaniel may seem like an individual who does not hold back when talking. This manner of conversation may seem rude. Despite so, what he says is often the stark truth and is hard to challenge.

Weaknesses:
                  It is his honest demeanour that makes him hard to get friendly to. He may comes across as somewhat a bit of a jerk, even if he attempts to justify his actions later on. He often does not mind performing negative misdeeds if it can benefit himself.

Bio:
                  Before landing in Ignea, Nathaniel had always been something of an 'impopular' guy due to his outright manner of talking. This has made him somewhat a bit despising of being a 'good Samaritan', as he prefers to do things in ways that will benefit him the most. Of course being a person like that would downgrade his image in public, but he seemed to be aloof of this fact.

His past was somewhat a mystery to him, as he was found crying in the orphanage's doorstep as a baby. Till today he did not know who his parents were. Perhaps the lack of parental love has made him a bit of a runt in today's society.

He finds comfort in Pokemon with somewhat emotionless traits. Robotic ones. Ancient ones. They seem to appeal to him the most, and he himself could not explain why.

Being a Pokemon Trainer made Nathaniel realize there were ways to make quick bucks. Defeating Trainers can earn you some money; often the rich kids give a huge sum of money even though they use fairly weak Pokemon. Some might call this bullying, but to Nathaniel, it was nothing more than just a hobby to partake into. After all it's not like they were forced to battle him anyway.

A region that can grant him wishes? This perked his interest enough. The monotony of Pokemon battles was getting to him. He may be able to look for a higher source of income over there. Although deep inside, he knew, what exactly he wanted the most, was to see his non-existent parents...

With a step in the bus, it was probably going to be a journey to remember for him. The thought that others will probably join in for the wish worried him. Perhaps he may have to take some measures to prevent such cases.

Pokémon:

Name: Elektro(This will be his main Pokemon for most of his journey)
                  Species: Magneton
                  Move Set:
                  Flash Cannon
                  Supersonic
                  Magnet Rise
                  Discharge

Name: Dexter
                  Species: Porygon2
                  Move Set:
                  Conversion
                  Magic Coat
                  Magnet Rise
                  Tri Attack

Name: Enigma
                  Species: Claydol
                  Move Set:
                  Earthquake
                  Trick Room
                  Sandstorm
                  Protect

Name: Motor
                  Species: Rotom
                  Move Set:
                  Confuse Ray
                  Hex
                  Thunder Wave
                  Will-o-Wisp

Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:43 AM).

First Order of business; Bun_Bun, Your profile has been approved, We hope to see you in Ignea in the 80's.

MY PROFILE!
                    Spoiler:

Name: Jospeh Mulder

Origin: Orre

Appearance: Black Spiky Hair; Green Eyes and thin eyebrows with a scar across his forehead, covered by his bangs. He wears a black T-shirt with an Alien's Green Head plastered on the front, a red Jacket, Blue Jean Cargo Short's, a Green Beanie with the 1980's Pokemon Tournament logo stitched in it's lining, black socks and boots with steel cover's over the toes.

Strength: Adapt with computers and a tactical thinker. He is a cautious trainer; Thinking through with his plans cautiously before executing them or executing even a small portion of them before going full scale with what he intends to do. He put's his well being and his pokemon's survival first before worrying about the rest of the consequences that come next.

Weakness: His cautious thinking makes him slow too react and makes most of any plan he makes either fall apart entirely or give more indifferent and disastrous outcomes all together. Due to this, when something fails hard, he falls apart and finds it difficult to keep himself together. His team counter balance's this weakness by learning to fight on their own when in battle and make judgement calls to make up for his weakness when he comes to terms with the reality of what he intends to do.

Bio: Born in Jhoto and Raised in Orre, this young man has lead an average life up until the tournaments in the Orre region. Leaving home with his Monferno and on foot towards the Phenac Colosseum, he vanished. He was then found, being dragged by his fire pokemon into Phenac city almost as if aboutt o burst into tears with a bloodied shirt wrapped tightly across his forehead. He was brought to a doctor and inspected. He had a large cut across his forehead, which they we're able to stitch up and heal promptly, though the cut didn't look like it was from a pokemon and it was to even or precise to receive from a scuffle with a bandit; the cut looked a little intentional. When asked what happened to him, he replied he was on his way to Phenac village, he remembered seeing a flash of light from the sky and he was outcold afterwards, Questioning his pokemon only lead to more questions as the fire-type looked scared out of it's wits, more concerned for it's master's health than what has happened.

Since that day, he begins to study the unknown. Alien abductions, strange sightings of discolored lights, anything and everything he can get his hands on. Not in the search of being famous, but in the search of answers. Answers as to what happened to him, what became of him when he went missing. In proper conduct, he's kept his true intentions to himself, thinking that his story wouldn't make much since to anyone who would hear him out and be labeled as someone in a 'man in a tin hat.' However, through his research of what he could get his hands on, he learns there are stranger events going on further out west in a large region known as Ignea. Convinced that's where he has to go next to seek the answers of the unknown for himself, he packs's his gear, loads up on food, sunscreen and a canteen and makes his way for a bus station leading into Ignea.

Name: Blaze
                    Species: Infernape
                    Moveset:
                    Mach Punch
                    Close Combat

Acrobatics
                    Overheat

Name: Static
                    Species: Luxio
                    Moveset:
                    Toxic
                    Thunber Bolt
                    Charge beam
                    Wild Charge

Name: Caboose
                    Species: Lombre
                    Moveset:
                    Theif
                    Scald
                    Rain Dance

Solar Beam

I'll be submitting the (IC) sometime today.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:22 PM).
                    Queen of Magical Girls

Nature: Quirky
                    Looking forward to it! I feel like this is my best shot at getting into an RP that feels just right for me.

It's been a long time since we crossed paths over space-time~
                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:05 PM).
                    Marked Out

Nature: Bold
                      First time RP'ing in many moons, let me know if my SU needs any work

Spoiler:
                      Name: James Hendricks
                      Appearance: A slightly tanned, six foot one brown haired man with a slim build, James doesn't particularly stand out in a crowd. James keeps his messy short brown hair underneath a plain black ball cap, always pointed forward. James' facial features add to his inconspicuous appearance. Faint, light blue eyes, a pointed jaw and a thin nose make up James' face, a faded brown goatee surrounding his thin-lippped mouth. James' usual attire consists of his black leather jacket, which he takes care of routinely, which he has owned for over ten years. Under that James wears plain white T-shirts, and wears faded blue jeans. James will wear his tan hiking boots when adventuring, and always keeps his gold watch his father gave him.
                      Origin: Goldenrod City, Johto
                      Strengths/Weakness: James is a very relaxed and reasoned person. He isn't the type to let his emotions get the best of him in most circumstances. However the death of his father crushed him emotionally, and even after four years he still feels the pain. James stays calm in the heat of battle, able to command his team no matter how dicey the battle may get. He will still take risks in life, and has had examples of it working for and against him. James is very secluded, choosing to only let a few people and Pokemon into his life. Once you are in his circle however, James is extremely loyal and will go to hell and back with his closest friends, family and his team of Pokemon. James is very quiet, choosing to let his actions do the talking as opposed to his words. He is almost never the one to introduce himself, as he would rather keep to himself.
                      Bio: Born in Goldenrod City of the Johto Region, the son of a welder and a secretary for The Silph Corporation, James Hendricks comes from humble roots. His childhood in the city wasn't extremely eventful. James kept his nose clean and did moderately well in school but was never an honour roll student.

His first experience in the world of Pokemon battling was a Eevee given to him by a family friend, which he would later evolve into a Vaporeon. Vaporeon and James have been together since, only not being a part of James' Pokemon teams in official Pokemon League battles as part of James' old duties as Goldenrod City's gym leader.

Following completion of high school, James went on tour as a Pokemon battler, getting all eight gym badges in Johto as well as making four unsuccessful attempts at the Elite Four challenge. James would spend five years travelling around the world, competing in contests and tournaments in Kanto, Sinnoh and Kalos. He supported himself from his winnings, and even got a TV appearance at the age of twenty-one from winning the Hearthome Classic Pokemon Tournament. James wouldn't reach that height of success or celebrity as a battler, but that win on his resume got him the gig as gym leader of his hometown Goldenrod City.

James sought out the job at the age of twenty-three when he received news that his father had been diagnosed with cancer. At first James was reluctant to give up his nomadic ways as a travelling trainer, but with his father very sick and his mother getting older he knew he had to return home and support the two people who raised him. James' father battled lung cancer for two years before finally succumbing to his illness. The loss shook James to his core, and at one point he considered retiring from his post as Goldenrod gym leader.

After a long conversation with his mother, James continued on as a gym leader, which he had turned into a steel gym instead of a normal type gym. James remodelled his team for his post, obtaining a Metang, a Steelix and evolved a Scyther he had into a Scizor. His Vaporeon stayed with him, but due to the rules of the Pokemon League James' Vaporeon never participated in battles that James did as Gym Leader. James would run the post for four more years, seeing many trainers come through, providing a challenge for young trainers following the same path James once did.

Recently, James had gotten bored of his role, and made plans to leave and go back to travelling the world like he used to. James had heard of the underground league in Ignea, and figured that it was the twist he was looking for, so he stepped down as Goldenrod's gym leader, sold his condo and made his way to Ignea.

Team:

Name: Metang
                      Species: Metang
                      Sex: N/A
                      Move Set: Zen Headbutt,Metal Claw, Double Team, Ice Punch

Name: Scizor
                      Species: Scizor
                      Move Set: Agility, Aerial Ace, Fury Cutter, Bullet Punch

Name: Steelix
                      Species: Steelix
                      Move Set: Rock Tomb, Crunch, Iron Tail, Sand Tomb

Name: Vaporeon
                      Species: Vaporeon
                      Move Set: Aurora Beam, Water Pulse, Quick Attack, Aqua Ring

Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:33 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Quto.

Welcome aboard Julius, we hope to see you in Ignea!
                        •Profile Accepted

Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:19 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Quto.

I don't mean to Double Post Folks; but from now On, there is an accepted Profile list above in the first post of the OOC, If your newly posted Profile is accepted, it will appear in the list. If not; I'll either post or pass word along to you what is wrong and what needs to be corrected. I'll go as far as passing along a message even to let you know you've been accepted.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:58 PM).
                          illusion is mine

Nature: Modest
                          First PC post and my SU form. It's been a minute since I've been apart of a RP.

Spoiler:
                          Name: Toru Moreu

Appearance: Comparing his complexion to one of a shut in would not be an unfair comparison. Toru carries a skin tone barely dark enough to be considered a step above "pale". Standing around six feet tall, his height is the biggest thing about him. At first glance one might be tempted to poke fun at his skin and bone structure, however, growing up on the Johto countryside has crafted a more than in shape young man. Toru's hair is something of a creature on it's own. When left undone, a thick curl of dark brown hair trails down to just above his shoulders. He tends to keep it up in a bun to avoid the hassle. Deep blue eyes, an extended nose, a faint stubble masking his jawline, all make up Toru's facial features. Overall, Toru is easily distinguished by two ruby red earrings dangling down from his lobes. His favorite outfit consists of a pair of tan leather boots, lead up by black denim pants, finished with a selection of layers.(Typically a white shirt paired with his choice of flannel jacket.)

Origin: Ecruteak City, Johto
                          Strengths/Weaknesses: Toru is a man of few words. Usually not opening up to anyone he is not immediately close with. Not to be mistaken with being timid. One word could describe him in the most simple of terms. He's a thinker. With an unparalleled creative mind, Toru is light on his feet in terms of figuring out the solution to his problems. Allowing him to keep the edge when in battle. This, however, can simultaneously backfire in certain situations. Pondering the "what ifs" Toru has a tendency to zone out when completely entranced with his thoughts leaving him a sitting duck. Underneath the mysterious exterior, Toru can be as light-hearted as the next. Catch him making subtle jokes to make himself laugh as a sign that he's warming up to someone.

Not much seems to phase Toru. In most precarious spots he may find himself in, he manages to uphold a very calm demeanor. What rages through his head is another story. While he might appear to be calm and working through his next move, the fear of losing always weighs heavy. Although rare, his battle style can take an erratic turn if his emotions begin to boil.

Bio: Son of a Sage. Toru's father was one of the few gifted and entrusted with guarding Bell Tower in Ecruteak City. A deeply routed tradition in the Moreu family dictated that each son would be a successor to the Tower. As a child, this was the only life Toru knew. He spent his early years preparing, training, devoting his early days to the premeditated life laid before him. Most nights you could find young Toru scanning the sky for a rare sighting of the mythical Pokemon, Ho-oH.

At the age of ten, Toru was met with his very first partner. Fireworks filled Ecruteak City. Citizens filled the square with musical performances, delicious food stands one could die for, and occasional free spirited Pokemon battles. Toru's father guided him a long the festivities until they reached one building in particular, the local Dance Theater. A line piled up leading to a table with a handful of beautiful women standing behind it, they were meeting the various citizens that would watch them dance week after week. Bypassing this, the son and father approached a tall man holding a Pokeball. This Pokeball contained an Eevee. Toru's real training could finally begin.

Who is now a recognizable face across Johto, also comes in the form of a life-long friend for Toru. Morty, the Ecruteak Gym Leader. Meeting at one of the many festivals Ecruteak was known for, Morty and Toru spent days on end battling and pushing each other to become better trainers.

As Toru grew older, the restlessness that came with being confined to one city became overbearing. The training his father provided became stagnant and began to feel like a chore. As this became apparent to his father he began to push harder. The pressure was insurmountable. Wanderlust sank its teeth into Toru's heart as his sense of purpose began to dwindle. The family tradition he was meant to uphold no longer appealed to him.

Finally an opportunity appeared before Toru. During a meeting with Morty, he spoke of a new Region and all of it's lore. Entranced by the thought of finally leaving Johto, Toru began to prepare immediately.

Pokemon:

Espeon
                          Female

Espeon is Toru's oldest partner. She watches over him like a guardian angel. She accompanies him outside of her Pokeball most times.

-Psychic
                          -Morning Sun
                          -Calm Mind
                          -Dazzling Gleam

Banette
                          Male

-Pain Split
                          -Will O Wisp
                          -Shadow Claw
                          -Sucker Punch

Medicham
                          Male

-High Jump Kick
                          -Psycho Cut
                          -Ice Punch
                          -Reflect

Pupitar
                          Male

-Crunch
                          -Rock Slide
                          -Earthquake
                          -Dragon Dance

Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:25 PM).

OOC Has been updated to include players who want to enter as Pokemon.

Waiting for word on the IC to be posted.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:21 PM).

The (IC) Has been approved!

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=408018

Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:23 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Gelius3.
                              Simple Wanderer of the World... I come from the shadows.

Nature: Relaxed
                                Finally, about dang time.

Sven Dynasty Prowers

Origin: Quest Island, or Seven Island in the Sevii Islands as everyone knows.

Strength/Weakness: Sven is a rather odd individual. He instead prefers analyzing the situation before acting. However, instead looking for obvious hints, he instead first ignores them, considering them null, analyzing the more obscure and hidden hints. Of course, he later on then considers all hints together. This leads to him having a more distinct, but less obvious method. Of course, he's not a genuis, so his argument isn't always correct, so there can be a small space for error.

Asides from that, Sven is always thinking of unorthodox methods, as well as thinking on how to solve things. He's very affectionate if needed, and a seeker of truth. He tends to chase down whatever his next clue is, and thus, he seems to be an active person for his job. He's decently accessible, though only opens up after a while. Tends to work himself too hard, and sometimes forgets to eat something, hence why it's a good idea to remember him. In fact, he leaves stuff a mess, and keeps forgetting some of the most obvious things, since he's delved in his Notebook. Due to that, it's always good to have someone to keep an eye on him. Adventurous, he doesn't turn down a good adventure, as long as it has it's share of mystery.

Bio: Sven was born in the Quest Island. Since early, he developped a love for discovering mysteries, including the ones related to the Unown at his home island. Once he was 12, he decided to enroll in a small detectives academy, managing to graduate decently well. He recieved a pair of Pokemon to assist him, a Buizel and a Duskull. Since then, he became somewhat of a notorious detective on the search of truth.

Eventually, his fame did extend farther than just one island. Soon enough, he became well known in the Sevii Archipelago. In fact, well known enough to even start working in Johto at the age of 17. There, he dealt out some of the interesting cases. Of course, he wasn't top class, but he was up there. After all, you gotta gain some good reputation first.

That was until a certain point. He was asked to take a case in Ignea. And since he didn't hear of that region yet, he thought it would be a good idea. So he packed his things, and leaving everything behind, he parted off to the arid region of Ignea, taking the train from Goldenrod City. He then started his long trip to Ignea.

Name: Jojo (The First)

Species: Pansear

Strength/Weakness: Jojo, or Fire Jojo as he's known as, is a rather nice Pokemon. He's not really much into causing troubles. That is, Fire Jojo is pretty much a weak Pokemon, and he's the weakest member in Sven's Team.

Move Set: Amnesia, Natural Gift, Fury Swipes, Fire Spin

Name: Jojo (The Second)

Species: Pansage

Strength/Weakness: Unlike the other Jojo, this one, also known as Brocolli Man, is a real trickster, and always pulling pranks on others. However, despite this playful personality, this is one of Sven's most Powerful Pokemon, able to develop strategies on it's own even without it's trainer.

Move Set: Seed Bomb, Leaf Storm, Spiky Shield, Rock Tomb

Name: Jet

Species: Buizel

Strength/Weakness: While this Pokemon is Strong, it's mainly a loner, who rarely likes hanging out. Instead, it prefers training itself to the limit, aiming to become the Best Pokemon, sometimes working itself too hard.

Move Set: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Brick Break

Name: Void

Species: Dusknoir

Strength/Weakness: This Pokemon is complete silent. It barely socializes, and instead tends to be lurking in the shadows. It only comes out if it's trainer orders it, and on dire situations.

Move Set: Fire Punch, Shadow Sneak, Pain Split, Thunder Punch

Kenshi

(Just imagine that Snivy in a Navy Blue Color, Kay?)

Strength/Weakness: Kenshi is a great tactician and extremely fast, but he tends to come off a bit cold sometimes, and even has paper thin defenses, in contrast his higher speed. Oh and he's able to talk.

Bio: Kenshi used to be Experiment Number 32, a Blue Snivy genetically modified to be able to speak. The Creators wanted a Perfect Pokemon, and Kenshi wasn't considered one. During the early times of his life, he was rather forced to see the lab every day, save the rare occasions where he had to act in a freak's show. Since early, he took interest in Ninja stuff, and even wanted to become one.

Then one day, an idea crossed his mind. During a trip in Ignea, Kenshi managed to grab the keys to his cage, and escape it, running from it's trainer. He ended up running for a couple miles before losing the track of his Trainer, but ended up losing all strength left in him, due to lack of food and water, and ended up blacking out in the arid region.

Move Set: Leaf Blade, Double Team, Toxic, Leaf Storm

Sub-Move Set: Cut, Vine Whip, Grassy Terrain (To make things grow, and even plants to aid climbs or crossing over), Defog

Pokemon Super Eevee Edition
                                Pokemon Red Adventures
                                Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Name: Nrop Rats
                                Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                                Old 4 Days Ago (4:39 AM).

Folk's we're still alive and kicking like Deadpool to Steel doors and breaching charges, though we're still waiting on a member or two to post in their thoughts before we consider them left to the elements. I want to at least give each participant, even new comers a chance to have their stake in this story.

Old 3 Days Ago (7:26 AM).

Folks, we have a discord channel.

Quick Reply