The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old February 12th, 2013 (9:01 AM).
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
    I kinda want this to be normal. If they have another Eeveelution this semester it would make sense for the counterpart to be Ghost - I dunno - I just feel like that makes sense.

I've been waiting for a ghost Eevee forever.

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 12th, 2013 (9:05 AM).
    This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
      I like Ninfia, it's just adorable... That is, if you can ignore for a second that it looks like Milotic and Victini's lovechild (with a ribbon). Otherwise it's cute. Here's hoping for something awesome typing-related, like Dragon or Flying :) ...or both.

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
      VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle ;)
      Old February 12th, 2013 (9:06 AM).
      Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
        I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments about it's type I've seen being tossed around:

Flying-type
        • Lightest Eeveelution
        • Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
        • Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
        • The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
        • May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)

Poison/Ghost-type
        • Only Eeveelution shown with teeth in the left-hand side page
        • Deceptively cute appearance could be used to its advantage if it were a Poison- or Ghost-type, allowing it to gain the element of surprise (and hence adapt?)
        • Poison: Could relate to the DNA theme of the game, perhaps relating to residue/'wrong' DNA

Normal-type
        • Looks fairly regular, doesn't have any features which are commonly associated with certain types
        • Could be Eevee's natural evolution, instead of the evolutions which come about due to its DNA instability/adapting to environment

Light-type
        • Insisting on keeping Ninfia's type a secret
        • Ninfia is sparkling in the artwork of it with the other Eeveelutions (pretty iffy evidence, but)

I still bet on it betting Flying or maybe Fighting in some way, but Normal type can be... interesting? I'm not sure if it's going to be a Dragon though. Although, that would be interesting as well.

Hawthorne Guardian
        Moderator of Video Games
        Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
        Sylvie
        Old February 12th, 2013 (9:21 AM).
        Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
          You're probably going to be heading on a long road towards disappointment, then. .___.;; I mean, personally, I really don't like setting really high expectations when it comes to GF making Pokemon releases because I like to be pleasantly surprised by what I see. Maybe most Pokemon we'll see in this region would be more cutesy like this one, or perhaps this new eeveelution would be a unique case, and we'll get more competitively-suited Pokemon like we did in Gen IV. You just never know~!
          I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.
          Old February 12th, 2013 (9:26 AM).
          Gaiden

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
            I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.
            Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.

Hawthorne Guardian
            Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
            Old February 12th, 2013 (9:28 AM).
            cheeky

Nature: Impish
            First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.
            Old February 12th, 2013 (9:31 AM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by PrimalDialgasaur.
            Primal Sauropod

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
              Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.
              Thank you! I completely agree with your reasoning. I won't mind if this pink, sparkly, blue eyed, Victini spawn has amazing stats, if he has a 350+ in a special attack, I'll be VERY happy.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
              First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.
              True. It first seemed Dialga/Palkia seem completely alien, but now, they are both some of my favorite Pokemon (Samurott and Black Kyurem as well) ill get used to it, it's just gonna take awhile unless they start producing some darker Pokemon. (dragon type plzzzzzz)
              Old February 12th, 2013 (9:39 AM).
              detective prince.

Nature: Timid
              We've seen a total of six Pokemon from the new generation. It's too early to call "oh this generation will all be too cutesy" or "all this stuff is too manly looking" right now. Wait till we have more Pokemon to determine that. Besides, I hated Chespin and Froakie at first, and after a few hours, I got used to them. You just have to let things sink in a bit before you go off hating everything.

Also hated Black Kyurem when it was revealed now I love it for no reason...lmao. :( I've just learned to keep my mouth shut on things and wait for it to settle before I say "OH THIS IS UGLY!" or what not. Besides, if you don't like the official art, I'm sure there's tons of fanart now. That's what got me to like Chespin and Froakie. Official art doesn't always do a Pokemon any good.
              Old February 12th, 2013 (9:40 AM).
              Pokémon World Champion

Nature: Naughty
                it's not a Normal type, Eevee is the Normal type of the Evveelution family

my guess is either Flying or Fighting, that, and the colors are similar to Skyla

Looks like a Milotic/Mienshao got merged with an Eevee
                Old February 12th, 2013 (9:45 AM). Edited February 12th, 2013 by PrimalDialgasaur.
                Primal Sauropod

I agree, I was just furious because that pokemon's art looks SO bad... I know EEVEE evolutions are mainly cutsy, but that just took it too far for me. I shouldn't have thrown up with rage on the forum, sorry about that. I'll get used to it...maybe... Froakie still isn't appealing, like I said, the evolutions is a make or break for me. I love Fennekin (hoping for a new Ninetales-type) and chespin would be awesome if it evolved into a giant hedgehog thing. It just depends until they release more info.

Quote:
                  If by "darker" you mean Hydreigon-esque looking Pokemon, then I wouldn't mind. XD
                  That, Haxorus, or Kyurem like would be AMAZING. (Like I said, Dragon!)
                  Old February 12th, 2013 (9:50 AM).
                  just a guy

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
                  I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments about it's type I've seen being tossed around:

Flying-type
                  • Lightest Eeveelution
                  • Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
                  • Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
                  • The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
                  • May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)
                  Here's another Flying-type Theory to add to the list for Ninfia: The bows and long ribbons can echo that of a kite's tail, which is used to help keep the kite at balance when in the air. I thought that was a pretty interesting theory to back up Ninfia being a Flying type while I was browsing tumblr.
                  Old February 12th, 2013 (9:50 AM).
                  Primal Sauropod

Quote:
                    If by "darker" you mean Hydreigon-esque looking Pokemon, then I wouldn't mind. XD
                    That, Haxorus, or Kyurem like would be AMAZING. (Like I said, Dragon!)
                    Old February 12th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
                    Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
                      Quote:
                      I'm going to laugh if it turns out to either be a new type completely, or something completely unexpected like Dragon. XD
                      I honestly want that more than anything. The introduction of new types would allow for more diverse designs of new pokemon instead of them eventually running out of ideas and having to rehash yet another "fire dog" or "water fish" and so on. Sure there's a lot of options of animals that haven't been Pokefied, so to speak, but how much real variety can they make them with them goign to become the same usual typings and most likely just be how Ganondorf is to Capt Falcon in Melee.

Old February 12th, 2013 (10:14 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
                      The introduction of new types would allow for more diverse designs of new pokemon instead of them eventually running out of ideas and having to rehash yet another "fire dog" or "water fish" and so on.
                      Would it, though? If we did get a new type I would think we'd be just as likely to get Pokemon that we'd take a look at and say "Well, that doesn't look like a Light-type. It looks more like a Fire-type!" But of course it would come down to how well they're designed. I think there is plenty of room for new Pokemon that aren't more "water fish" and so on. Some people want more water fish though. You know we're gonna have another Pikachu clone because people want that. That's just a decision that they make when coming up with new designs.
                      Old February 12th, 2013 (10:16 AM).

I hope that this is a female and maybe there will be a male counterpart? It's a little bit too girly, even for an eeveelution. I'm a bit disappointed, but I still like it.
                        Old February 12th, 2013 (10:32 AM).

I like the new eeveelution. But then, I like them all. I don't even care what type it is. Eevee and its evolutions have always been a favourite of mine.

1693-4093-6753
                          Normal Safari
                          Lillipup / Audino / Ditto

"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
                          Old February 12th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
                          Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post

Espeon and Umbreon looked immediately natural to me. The Pokémon I thought looked odd back when I first played GSC was Cyndaquil, but I didn't think it was ugly.

Ninfia, however, looks way too different from the other eeveelutions. At first I thought it was a standalone Pokémon. It doesn't help that it looks the most girly of them either.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
                            Old February 12th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
                            Lover of Winter

I have a feeling that the "Ninf" in Ninfia comes from the word feminine.

It would be cool to have a male counterpart named Linmia (Masculine).
                              Old February 12th, 2013 (11:30 AM).
                              [b]Rock Solid[/b]

Nature: Careful
                                The name sounds like it's based off the word "nymph", to me. Since we already have a grass, water and dark type Eevee and this certainly doesn't look like a ground-type, I think it will be based off celestial nymphs, which mostly represented stars and light.

I personally think it will be a Light-type. One could say it's designs are similar to Skyla and stuff and would argue that it will be Flying-type, but the blue/red could also be references to the Red and Blue ends of the light spectrum.

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
                                And held themselves as masters of the sea
                                I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
                                Till they have learned that no one masters me
                                Old February 12th, 2013 (11:32 AM).
                                other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
                                  Does anyone notice Ninfia doesn't have "Eon" at the end of it's name?

I change my mind about it being Flying or Normal, because in Corocoro they said it's type is a secret, which could mean that is a new type, and I am so hoping that new type is "Light".

Challenges Completed:
                                  The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
                                  Old February 12th, 2013 (11:34 AM).
                                  Gaiden

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
                                    Well yeah, "Ninfia" is the Japanese name. Japanese names of the eeveelution pokemon don't have -eon at the end. Like for instance, "Leafia" is the Japanese name for Leafeon.

Eh, actually, I'm starting to think that maybe that's all we'll get for this month, since more scans reveled a Rumble game for Wii U, and so on, but... I dunno.

Hawthorne Guardian
                                    Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                                    Old February 12th, 2013 (11:36 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
                                    The Japanese names don't use the same convention the English names use.
                                    EDIT: So ninja'd.

Well, my two cents is that it would be a Flying-type. I don't think we'll have another Normal-type, and I really don't want another type to be introduced.

Old February 12th, 2013 (11:51 AM).
                                    Seeker of FRIEND CODES

When Dark and Steel were introduced in GSC, it was because the game was broken. Psychic had no legitimate threats, so they had to make some.

What is so broken in Pokemon today that they need new type. Haven't we learned by now that Game Freak firmly believes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Light type itself is stupid because Fire makes light. Any Pokemon slated to be Light Type could easily be re-cast as a Fire pokemon.

Plus, there are a bunch of type combinations that haven't even be tried before.

The new Eevee is jarring to say the least. It it for real... I love all the other ones. IF this new one is flying type, I will love it too.

1. Because we need a Pure Flying type pokemon. (Tornadus doesn't count.)
                                      2. It doesn't look like any other type.
                                      Old February 12th, 2013 (12:38 PM).

The scans seem to make a big deal of it being "talented," supposedly using a variety of attacks (because it looks to be using Swift and some sort of Fire attack in the screenshots), so perhaps it is Normal but can use a variety of attacks. My boyfriend suggested it having Multitype xD I know that sounds a bit Farfetch'd(!), but looking at it now I wouldn't be surprised if it was, lol!

Old February 12th, 2013 (1:01 PM).
                                      💯🔥

That's a scan from CoroCoro so it's definitely true.

Quick Reply