• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Of Mice & Magic [T]

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Xerea Almoor and Sir Ben of Junkheap
Of Thieves and Honor

Spoiler:

Why is Fen-kun controlling both characters now? Did Godzil and Fen-kun write this post collaboratively and Fen just posted it? (That's just a guess)

Years
Joint posts (JP's for short) are a much more efficient way of writing dialogue than several short, repetitive posts.

Also, sorry for going dark like that! I was fighting illness and it sapped my inspiration.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sorry for being a bit off! I shall post as soon as I can, eager to actually get this RP rolling with interactions between our strange mice.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Alright, now I'm a little worried we're not all on the same page here.

In my post, I talked about the castle's gate having bars so wide that it would be easy for a mouse to slip through; clearly it was designed for larger beasts.

In Fen-kun's and Pastel's posts, they seem to make the assumption that the gates need to be opened to allow passage.

Ice, can we get some clarity here? :s

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Hmm, for some reason I wrote gate instead of door. Dunno why, I was building off of Rika's post which used "door" instead of gate, and the scene in my head was of a door.

Guess I've got brain issues.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I always assumed the castle gate would be a typical medieval castle gate that doesn't let anyone in unless drawn up.

Doesn't make sense if some people can just get in easily. That would be a brothel, not a castle.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Alright, now I'm a little worried we're not all on the same page here.

In my post, I talked about the castle's gate having bars so wide that it would be easy for a mouse to slip through; clearly it was designed for larger beasts.

In Fen-kun's and Pastel's posts, they seem to make the assumption that the gates need to be opened to allow passage.

Ice, can we get some clarity here? :s
I guess when I talked to Ice about the "door"/gate, he (or I? WE!) made it out to be some wooden construction at least. Hmm.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
I always assumed the castle gate would be a typical medieval castle gate that doesn't let anyone in unless drawn up.

Doesn't make sense if some people can just get in easily. That would be a brothel, not a castle.

You're thinking of a portcullis. I believe that Ice meant a gate that encircles the castle gardens, not the actual door to the building. But again, I would like Ice's clarification on this, please.

Either way, both a gate and a portcullis would be easy to slip between the bars for a mouse. This castle is human-proportioned, remember.

Years
A human sized gate or portcullis would be simple for a mouse to slip through. Now, a solid wooden door would be a challenge. A drawbridge over a moat? Near impossible. We'd need a wizard of some sort, or perhaps a very capable thief.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Visible information:
Dirt pathway from the gate to the doors.
The sides of the path are decorated with flowers, bushes and trees. Some of them don't seem familiar, not at all.
Unknown info:
The castle doors are locked, but it seems there's no way to unlock it from the outside.

"Dirt pathway from the gate to the doors." This means it's not a portcullis and it's not the door itself. Therefore it's a gate to the fence that surrounds the castle garden perimeter.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
A human sized gate or portcullis would be simple for a mouse to slip through. Now, a solid wooden door would be a challenge. A drawbridge over a moat? Near impossible. We'd need a wizard of some sort, or perhaps a very capable thief.
/waves wizard paw and teleports into a mud pile a mile away

I think it's a door. A huuuge human sized wooden door. any drawbridge would likely be outside the castle gates tbh. Gates, meaning gates along the surrounding wall, into the garden.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Sorry for not answering for so long, but life got busy! The gate is the entrance through the fence that the mice have already passed. The path leads to a big human sized solid wooden door that leaves no room for any mice to squeeze through.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Are you sure? In my post, I set up camp in front of the gate, without yet passing it, and that's the location mice are collecting at at the moment.

The world literally ends once you leave the castle's premises past the gate, so I took it to mean close to the gate on the castle's premise.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Huh... I don't think you included that information, or else I wouldn't have written my character outside the gate looking in towards the castle. :s This is troublesome

My fault for not mentioning it IC, besides using the word enter, probably. I mentioned it in this post in the OOC.

Everyone starts off at the gates, through which everyone entered. The gates themselves are a bit mysterious, as it seems that there's no way back, everything outside the gate is an empty black space, just loose rocks and dirt floating around. Maybe a horse far off in the distance? You can't be sure, it's quite far away. How everyone got on the other side of the gate is up to themselves. I'll let you guys discuss here how that happened. Because of this, it's also up to the players to decide if the characters know each other at this point, and who they've met. The objective is to get to the giant castle door.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Welcome to The Grand Foyer

Visible information:
  1. The grand foyer is giant, with a beautiful black and white floor. It's marble, laid out in a chessboard pattern. Through the middle lies a red carpet, woven from satin. It's soft, but some small claws might get stuck.
  2. There are statues spread throughout the grand foyer, each embodying a chess piece. Each of them has an inscription reading on their pedestal reading: "great listener."
  3. Chandeliers are hang up, without any seeming pattern. They're in every color imaginable, even some colours that are very very unimaginable. Like rootpurple, the color one gets when one mathematically calculates the root of purple.
  4. In the middle stand three statues, one of a cat, one of a parrot, and one of a sloth. They're incredibly life-like. The sloth has a single claw that isn't made of stone, and is rhythmically ticking against it's leg.
  5. The walls have the silhouettes of small dancers laid on out. They're completely still, but they almost seem to move in the peripheral vision.
  6. There are four doors, two at the top of a grand staircase, two of them besides them. they're all closed, and refuse to let anything through.

Unknown info:
  1. The chess pieces listen to command. The white pieces can only move if the black pieces have moved previously, and the other way around. The pieces will only make legal moves. If the black king captures the white queen, the left door up on the stairs will open, if it's the other pair, the right door will open. If a piece gets captured, it's set back to its original position.
  2. The dancers painted on the wall will copy the movements of someone standing close by. If they're all in either the same position, of the sequential position of a dance, the left door down will open.
  3. The doors, in order from left to right, top to bottom lead to the: Library hall, games room, dance hall, dungeon
  4. There's no way to open the door to the dungeon.
  5. The rhythmic ticking of the sloth will stop once there's an enemy nearby. The mice aren't registered as enemies. The statues currently cannot be freed.

If you come up with anything else you wanna explore, or an obstacle you think will be fun, hit me up, and you'll probably be free to work it in

Back