• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Chloe?

Years
DP219.jpg

We have a Goh thread, so let's have one on Chloe too! She's the main female in the currently airing series. What do you think of her so far? Is there anything you'd like to see done with her character/story?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Not a big fan of her at the moment. Watched one episode where she joined Ash and Goh on an adventure, and she was constantly needing someone to save her. Must have been about five occasions in that one episode.

Sadly, I don't think the Pokémon Anime will ever have a strong female protagonist. One of the main reasons I don't watch it regularly anymore.

Years
Not a big fan of her at the moment. Watched one episode where she joined Ash and Goh on an adventure, and she was constantly needing someone to save her. Must have been about five occasions in that one episode.

Sadly, I don't think the Pokémon Anime will ever have a strong female protagonist. One of the main reasons I don't watch it regularly anymore.

Have you seen her most recent focus episode? It was better imo, though it wasn't the best still. I do agree there is a looot of room for improvement for her currently. :(

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Just watched the episode with the Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, in which Chloe is the main focus for the episode. It was definitely my favourite episode of Journeys so far. Hopefully there'll be more of the same in future episodes.

Years
Just watched the episode with the Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, in which Chloe is the main focus for the episode. It was definitely my favourite episode of Journeys so far. Hopefully there'll be more of the same in future episodes.

Saw it a few days ago too and really liked it! Such a pretty episode. Chloe was so reliable and sweet. I love her. ;o;

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Absolutely not. She's the most boring supporting character that I've seen since OI when we had Tracey. Not only is she boring but she's hard to like due to her indifference towards Ash and condescending attitude towards Goh. Plus she has Eevee now which is the most generic Pokemon that the writing staff can give to female characters. She's basically a lite version of Serena and May now only with less plot relevance.

Years
Chloe is a tough one. We don't know much about her. All I can say that her attitude and love for Pokemon and her friends is improving. Not to mention, I think she's cute!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm indifferent towards her, but I appreciate the writers trying to grow her character. I just can't envision anything big happening with her character beyond maybe evolving her Eevee eventually, and maybe battling herself a bit. I like they're trying to give her growth, but I don't see what her purpose is as a main character, to be honest.

Years
I agree, but we must also keep in mind that the series is not over yet. We must keep tuned in for the latest episodes and hopefully she will change for the better.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have only seen what has come to the United States thus far and I've been keeping up with Serebii on others. I love her voice actor, so she is good to me. But as a character, she still needs a lot of dev. Currently she has no purpose to even really be in the anime and is just there. We still have at least a year, likely two years before Journeys ends, if it does, for them to do something with her.

With her having so a big voice actress who has done a ton of different animes and some video games, I would think her part in the anime would have been bigger. Then again Tierno also had a somewhat big anime voice actor, but he was also a 'main' rival.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
She is quite alright for a character, seeing traveling with Gao and Ash often in some/several episodes; The more I watched realize that she needs more screentime for herself to GROW I guess the writers can't seems to find a good plot or story for her that included her or needed her

Sadly, only few episodes were center towards her, the series still often pushes towards Project Mew goal and it still long way so there is much time for her to appear as a filler episode or focused based episodes that only about her as the MAIN

Just imagine the writers are evee which haven't decide to evovle yet

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
In my opinion, she's one of the best things about Journeys/PM2019! I have a hard time relating to a show with no female characters, so even as relatable as Gou is with his insecurities and poor social skills, it's not enough to have me totally invested, BUT Koharu/Chloe elevates the whole show every time she gets a focus episode!

Even in her brief scenes, she's really funny and unique. I love her wit and slightly aloof persona at first... she feels so much like a clever, genre-savvy side character in a school setting shoujo anime who stumbled into Pokemon by mistake. It was so funny and cute watching her try to play matchmaker...

And the Ponyta episode was one of my favourites in this whole series!! I can't wait to see her grow into her own and find her own unique path. ^^

Years
I don't mind her. I'm glad she is included more, since seeing only Ash and Go can get tiresome sometimes, but I don't expect her to have a big role in the anime.

Back