• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Actors who can sing too!

Years
Sometimes you know an actor or actress from films or television shows and later observe that they have other hidden talents.

Who are some actors you know of that are multi-talented artists and not only act, but also have singing talent?

I think actress Eleanor Tomlinson has a nice light lyric soprano, and enjoying hearing her sing folk songs and Celtic music, and I actually have one of her albums. I know her from different costume dramas, as a really natural and sensitive actress that I love watching, and was hooked by her singing voice as well, and find her covers relaxing to listen to at night.

I think Emily Blunt is also really talented, she is a strong, soulful mezzo is also an expresive, talented actress. Catherine Zeta Jones is another actess who has a great, big dramatic singing voice and is a great dancer too, and not just a movie star.

1950s Hollywood beauty Ava Gardner had a nice, sexy and moving, intimate singing voice that I would like to have heard recorded more.

Speaking of legends from earlier times Nichelle Nichols can sing, her voice is so dreamy and ethereal.

These are some of the first artists who popped into my head, but there are many talented people out there who we could discuss. While this topic is entertainers known primarily for acting that also sing, might be cool to make a sister thread for entertainers who are known primarily for their work as singers but also act in movies like Jennifer Hudson.

Back