• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumbest Pokemon Theories

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What are some of the dumbest Pokemon theories you've ever heard online?

For me, it has to be that theory that floated around a few years ago that Lorelei and Will are the same person. The person sighted their evidence as "Will and Lorelei share two of the same Pokemon in their parties!" and "their Elite Four Rooms look exactly the same!" as evidence to "point to the theory of them being the same person".

Honestly, no offense to whomever started this theory, but that's just outright dumb, I'm sorry, LMFAO. Lorelei and Will could be related, or something, or probably don't even know eachother. Also, in Generation I and II there's just a limited roaster of Pokemon available, so of course some trainers are going to have Pokemon that are the same as other important trainers.

People just want to find an excuse to explain Lorelei's absence.

Also, the "There was a war in Kanto! That's why there's no young men in the Kanto region! They're all dead!" While I don't think this theory is dumb, perse, I just have doubts it's true. The Kanto games just have a limited amount of space, and can't display many sprites on the screen at a time.

I've also heard that Game Freak had Lt. Surge say Pokemon saved him in the "war" to sound intimidating or something, but I can't confirm where I heard this from, so please don't take my word for it.

Years
Even if it's not really a theory, it's Giratina being the devil. Yes, he was banished for its violent nature, but that's it. He literally saves Dialga and Palkia from the red chain in the anime (I don't recall if he does so in Pt): what kind of devil does that? The fact that he has references in both forms to the beast's number 666 (6 legs; 6 yellow plaques; 6 torns on its wings for the altered forme and 6 wings; 6 yellow plaques and, excluding the ones on the tail which are different, 6 torns on its side in its origin forme) just represents, in my opinion, its violent nature and doesn't make it the devil in Pokémon world too.

I don't think I have ever read other crazy theories though.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
"N is a Zoroark".

I get where it came from, with the talking Zoroark in Black 2, N's ability to understand Pokemon, N being found in the wilderness, and N's association with Zorua. However, it makes no sense from a thematic standpoint nor from a logical standpoint.

For me, it has to be that theory that floated around a few years ago that Lorelei and Will are the same person. The person sighted their evidence as "Will and Lorelei share two of the same Pokemon in their parties!" and "their Elite Four Rooms look exactly the same!" as evidence to "point to the theory of them being the same person".

Honestly, no offense to whomever started this theory, but that's just outright dumb, I'm sorry, LMFAO. Lorelei and Will could be related, or something, or probably don't even know eachother. Also, in Generation I and II there's just a limited roaster of Pokemon available, so of course some trainers are going to have Pokemon that are the same as other important trainers.

People just want to find an excuse to explain Lorelei's absence.
I think this is just an extension of fan speculation that Will is transmasculine.

I don't agree with the theory that he used to be Lorelei (Lorelei is way too associated with Lapras to not use it), but it's a cool theory that honestly doesn't clash with that much of what we're given.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
"N is a Zoroark".

I get where it came from, with the talking Zoroark in Black 2, N's ability to understand Pokemon, N being found in the wilderness, and N's association with Zorua. However, it makes no sense from a thematic standpoint nor from a logical standpoint.

I think this is just an extension of fan speculation that Will is transmasculine.

I don't agree with the theory that he used to be Lorelei (Lorelei is way too associated with Lapras to not use it), but it's a cool theory that honestly doesn't clash with that much of what we're given.

As a trans masculine person myself, I do agree that Will could be trans. I did see some theories regarding that. I almost thought to include this in my original post, honestly.

I just think it's silly people think Lorelei = Will. Or, I guess in this case Will used to be Lorelei since there's so little to go off of on that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
The Ash coma theory is pretty ridiculous tbh.

Gosh, I hate this theory so much. I think a lot of fan theories can be a bit eh at times. I also think the "the player is the rival in Red/Blue" is a bit silly. Same with Prof Oak being Ash's dad.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
The Will/Lorelei one confused me for so long. When I was young they looked extremely similar to me and then they both had a Jynx and a Slowbro and it just further complicated to me who was who. I remember when replaying gsc I would prepare for Will like he was an ice trainer, completely thinking of Lorelei's team. So I can understand where this comes from.

Years
Please keep the N is a Zoroark theory away. Forever. N is one of my favorite human characters in the series and it would be really weird to think of him as a Pokémon this whole time instead.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That you can get behind Bill's house to the garden back there.

Back