• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Period Writing

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Have you ever wrote something or wanted to write something in a different time period? What time periods have you tried?

Lately I've been wanting to try and write my OC during the Viking period. I've been doing some research but my issue is what to write about and how to go about it.

Years
I've written high fantasy stuff with the typical medieval flavour before and dabbled a little in sci-fi. Most of my writing does tend to sort of be roughly analogous to the present day or the near future though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I usually write things in completely different worlds, but wouldn't be opposed to writing in times before all major technology was a thing. I'd just have to do research about it before pursing that idea, of course.

Bay

Years
I've written a couple novellas that took place during medieval times before. Because Wikipedia wasn't around/a very new concept back then my research was from documentaries, history books, and encyclopedia CD-Roms.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I've written fanfiction about Yugioh during the Ancient Egypt arc. I love Ancient Egypt and had so much fun researching what things were like back then in order to write at least somewhat accurately what life would have been like back then, with some added supernaturality.

Back