• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
how do you get to navel rock? havent played the game yet and just started but i want to use some pokemon from there on my team.

You need to activate Mystery Gift, then meet this requirement (copied from the main post):
MysticTicket: Raikou, Entei and Suicune all defeated/fled from or captured

Details on getting those three are in the guide (PDF file).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
That's going to require modifications that I no longer have time to make these days, so unfortunately I won't be able to add this. I'm still bogged down right now with things keeping me from even really working on the game.

It's a known glitch that happens when your Pokémon levels up when you capture something, I still don't know how to fix it without removing the feature it's tied to.

Just in case, check the clock in the room to make sure it states that the day is Monday. There's apparently an issue on certain systems that makes it appear a day or two inaccurate regardless of the real time. If it does indeed say that it is Monday, you might want to send me your save file so I can try to figure out what is going on. Congratulations on getting that far BTW, it does take quite a lot of effort.

Hey bud, amazing ROM and I've played through it up until this point too, just cant interact with the bed and I've made sure its Monday on the clock, changed my pc times and dates several times to try different weeks and times of day (afternoon/twilight/evening) but nothing happens. I've tried using the wish tag as well in my inv, next to the bed, on the bed, above, below, in my neighbours, nothing. Would you be able to please put me out of my misery?

Years
Hey bud, amazing ROM and I've played through it up until this point too, just cant interact with the bed and I've made sure its Monday on the clock, changed my pc times and dates several times to try different weeks and times of day (afternoon/twilight/evening) but nothing happens. I've tried using the wish tag as well in my inv, next to the bed, on the bed, above, below, in my neighbours, nothing. Would you be able to please put me out of my misery?

Sure, just send a copy of your save to my inbox. I don't know what else could be going wrong with the event, but I can try on my PC. You may need to use a filehost like MediaFire, Google Drive, Dropbox,etc. if attachments won't work for any reason. I won't be able to do anything about the save at the moment but it wouldn't take me more than a day to have it ready to send back.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2021
Sorry to bother here yet again :D

I've been playing throughout Cosmic Emerald for a while now, and have a blast alongside some of the optional I posted earlier.
In all my playthrough, I noticed that you added a nice little detail in the lamp-posts that are scattered in some towns and cities throughout Hoenn, which beautifully light up when you get to night time.

I was wondering, could the same effect used for the lamp posts be done for windows and doors for the buildings too?
I assume this is some sort of specified palette or something similar, I haven't really checked myself how it is done, but it'd be nice to be able to achieve a similar result for the doors and windows as well.

Years
Sorry to bother here yet again :D

I've been playing throughout Cosmic Emerald for a while now, and have a blast alongside some of the optional I posted earlier.
In all my playthrough, I noticed that you added a nice little detail in the lamp-posts that are scattered in some towns and cities throughout Hoenn, which beautifully light up when you get to night time.

I was wondering, could the same effect used for the lamp posts be done for windows and doors for the buildings too?
I assume this is some sort of specified palette or something similar, I haven't really checked myself how it is done, but it'd be nice to be able to achieve a similar result for the doors and windows as well.

Hey ShadowOne, yeah it should work the same for windows and doors but the process can be kind of tricky. I actually feel like going into some detail about it in case others are wondering how I got the lamps working. I'll put it in the spoiler below. The biggest obstacle I think is in finding enough space in each tileset to put the additional tiles you'll need.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
Been enjoying the game so far! Will you be adding the fairy type in this game? Like optional patch?

Years
Been enjoying the game so far! Will you be adding the fairy type in this game? Like optional patch?

Hi, well in the past I did make a patch for that, but unfortunately there were some game-breaking glitches being reported so I got rid of it for the time being. It was difficult for me to implement it in the first place so I wasn't up to doing it all over again. As of right now, development has been extremely slow because I've been pretty unmotivated and overwhelmed with life. The next release will have several updates and fixes (many already done now), though I can't promise that Fairy Type will be added. I'll keep it in mind.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
Thanks for the replies. Can't wait for the next update, keep up the good work and don't push yourself too hard.
Really appreciate your hard work!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Okay so I'm having trouble encountering Entei. What time does it show up so you can battle it?

Years
Okay so I'm having trouble encountering Entei. What time does it show up so you can battle it?

It shows up when the screen takes on a reddish tint, basically during the 'afternoon' phase. Starts at about 5PM or 5:30PM IIRC.
It won't appear as a typical grass-style random encounter. A short 'cutscene' should happen when you move towards the upper-right of the map.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
It shows up when the screen takes on a reddish tint, basically during the 'afternoon' phase. Starts at about 5PM or 5:30PM IIRC.
It won't appear as a typical grass-style random encounter. A short 'cutscene' should happen when you move towards the upper-right of the map.

I've been trying to do that but it hasn't done the cut scene. My game isn't broken or anything, it just won't do it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2022
Pokedex is bugged.. Already catched some pokemon (Vulpix, Ninetails, Venonat, etc) but theyre not being registered on Pokedex

Years
Pokedex is bugged.. Already catched some pokemon (Vulpix, Ninetails, Venonat, etc) but theyre not being registered on Pokedex

Yeah that's normal actually, you have to get the National Dex first and you get it after defeating Wallace (IIRC if you have at least 60 caught already). Otherwise you'll only be able to see the Hoenn Dex entries.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2022
Yeah that's normal actually, you have to get the National Dex first and you get it after defeating Wallace (IIRC if you have at least 60 caught already). Otherwise you'll only be able to see the Hoenn Dex entries.

I actually did. And tried to catch them again to see if theyre going to be registered. But it didn't.

Btw, i love this hack! Been playing it and i am enjoying it!! 😍 Almost gonna complete the pokedex!! 👌

Years
I actually did. And tried to catch them again to see if theyre going to be registered. But it didn't.

Btw, i love this hack! Been playing it and i am enjoying it!! 😍 Almost gonna complete the pokedex!! 👌

Well that's weird, first time I've heard of this happening. Try re-patching the ROM with just the main patch and test it out. If it still doesn't fix it, make a copy of your save and open it with an original Emerald ROM and catch something and let me know if it works.

Thank you for playing though, it's great knowing that others enjoy it as much as they do. It's one of those ROM hacks that starts off not so different than the original, but rewards you as you complete it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2022
Well that's weird, first time I've heard of this happening. Try re-patching the ROM with just the main patch and test it out. If it still doesn't fix it, make a copy of your save and open it with an original Emerald ROM and catch something and let me know if it works.

Thank you for playing though, it's great knowing that others enjoy it as much as they do. It's one of those ROM hacks that starts off not so different than the original, but rewards you as you complete it.

OMG!! Re-patching worked~!!! I can finally finish this! It's really amazing and sooo satisfying knowing you can finish the pokedex without "trading". Thanks a lot for helping meeeeee 😍 Looking forward for your next hack (if there's any) 👊

Years
OMG!! Re-patching worked~!!! I can finally finish this! It's really amazing and sooo satisfying knowing you can finish the pokedex without "trading". Thanks a lot for helping meeeeee 😍 Looking forward for your next hack (if there's any) 👊

Glad to hear that you got it working again!

As for there being another ROM hack from me, well sadly there aren't any plans for one anytime soon. I was originally going to go as far as creating an 'extended PokéDex' version, but over the last couple of years I've had a huge loss in motivation (that and having to worry about other things). Even fixing the bugs in the current release has felt more like a chore than a hobby. This is not to say it's the end, I may get another craving to do this stuff again as well as have time for it.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
Glad to hear that you got it working again!

As for there being another ROM hack from me, well sadly there aren't any plans for one anytime soon. I was originally going to go as far as creating an 'extended PokéDex' version, but over the last couple of years I've had a huge loss in motivation (that and having to worry about other things). Even fixing the bugs in the current release has felt more like a chore than a hobby. This is not to say it's the end, I may get another craving to do this stuff again as well as have time for it.
What are your new plans?

Back