• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Pokemon FireRed: How to Edit Move Index 355

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Hey all, I'm trying to add new moves into Pokemon FireRed, and I'm running into a weird issue. I'm following the tutorial here.

I figured I'd go ahead and add the max number of moves you can do manually, which is what the tutorial does. I've followed the tutorial to a "T" several times now, repointing and extending each of the tables for attack data, names, animations, and descriptions (not part of this tutorial, but did it anyway), and it almost works. I can access moves 356-511 and edit their info in PGE no problem, but I get an error when trying to view move 355.

It's the "-" right after Psycho Boost
Spoiler:

Something similar happened to me when adding moves to a different project about a year ago, but I don't remember what I did to fix it. I think maybe I just ignored that move and edited others? I'd like to see if there's a proper fix for this though in case I end up adding more and need to use that space.

Any help appreciated!

Back