Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old October 26th, 2018 (10:40 AM).

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
    Like CodeHelmet said. The event will end at the 31st of October, which means that the map won't be updated and no new curses will be given by me or ddrox. But the thread will be still accessible and I'll probably post the list with all the curses and room events here, so you can continue after that point either in Challenge Logs or in your blog.

But don't worry. We're slowly working on a new event.
    All right. I can die roll the curses then when the 31st is up.

---------------------------------------------------------- (>'.')> <(^.^)> <('.'<) -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old October 26th, 2018 (9:15 PM).

Quote:
      Like CodeHelmet said. The event will end at the 31st of October, which means that the map won't be updated and no new curses will be given by me or ddrox. But the thread will be still accessible and I'll probably post the list with all the curses and room events here, so you can continue after that point either in Challenge Logs or in your blog.

But don't worry. We're slowly working on a new event.
      Yikes I best get a move on.
      This sickness has really slowed me down.

Currently raising -
      Old October 26th, 2018 (11:09 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tyroar View Post
      Now I will interact with the statue!
      Tyroar is not hungry!
      You don't want to taste my delicious meal? Okay, I hope you'll enjoy to see your Pokémon fainting.

Well, while you're looking at the statue, its eyes start glowing bright red. Suddenly, you're not in the dinning room. You're in the small room with a TV and another statue. Or is it the same statue?

If you don't feel like watching TV, you can go to the rooms 5 or 31.
      Old October 27th, 2018 (2:44 AM). Edited October 27th, 2018 by BlissyMKW.
      Rawr

Nature: Timid
        Episode 6 - Super Spooky Chargestone Cave of 9001 Encounters

Spoiler:
        Current Curses: Cursed Bag - Remember this curse? You can't use evolutionary stones, either.
        First Encounter Clause - Nuzlocke without being a nuzlocke
        Demonic Overlords - Forced Audino
        Zombie Dinner - Fire Fang is locked on Blaze
        Hexed Hands - No hold items, and that includes Lucky Egg
        Ocean's Curse - Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned unless they are also Ghost or Dark types. AKA, Frillish/Jellicent and any potential Water/Dark types are the only Water types I can use now.

Well...we are in quite a spot now. First, Braev is now unable to be used. For the sake of fairness, he shall be demoted to my Surf and Waterfall slave, along with Strength if I need it in lategame. Second, I am an absolute moron. I forgot that because of Cursed Bag, I can't use stones to evolve Blaze and Marluxia, so unless I want to switch those two out at the last second, I'll have to use a Growlithe and a Roselia in lategame unless my curses get shuffled, which, to be honest, I'm actually hoping for it at this point.

Anyway, before I do grinding, it's time to seek out a new potential team member in areas, so let's start with Route 6. Already, things are looking bad because my encounter was a Tranquill, and...it kinda sucks, so I killed it. I also took the time to level up my remaining team members to Lv. 35 so that we don't need to worry as much in Chargestone Cave. With that aside, it's time to check out the PWT...and the cave area near it for an encounter...and it was a Boldore, also known as bad because I didn't put this rom through a randomizer to make trade evolutions possible, so it would never evolve and therefore is bad.

So, as for the PWT itself, I brought in Anubis, Blaze, and Marluxia, not that Blaze and Marluxia even did anything because Anubis swept everything on her own. Well, with that all done and clear, it's time to go beat up the vengeful spirits of Team Plasma members on their futuristic ghost ship. None of the battles were very eventful and went by fairly quickly, so...let's just move onto Route 6, shall we?

Anyway, while running down Route 6, Cheren goes on about weather and stuff and hands over the Surf HM. For the sake of having some coverage, I put it on Doctor Roy so we could at least have a Water move since Braev is no longer with us. With this on our side, we can check out the cave that isn't Chargestone Cave, then go to Chargestone Cave. So, let's do it.

On the way, Cobalion appeared, but to be honest, who really cares because the odds I'd be able to catch it are next to 0. Anyway, the cave that isn't Chargestone Cave because I really don't remember the name of it time. I forgot the cave was dark, so...that sucks. As for my encounter...well, it was a Woobat. At this point, I can't really go complaining about encounters anymore because my options are slowly becoming limited, and at the very least, this thing isn't weak to Fighting. Ice, sure, but I doubt that'll be an issue. I decided to catch it and see how things play out.

The good news about Swoopula, my new Woobat, is that he has Unaware and not Klutz...not that it would matter, but Unaware is much better because stat chances mean nothing to this man now. I don't know 100% if I'll have him in the team permanently, since it heavily depends on what other mons I get before Skyla, so he'll be switch trained for a little while to raise his happiness. Anyway, after a quick heal at the random house on the way to the cave, it's time for Chargestone Cave itself.

Of course, the first two minutes after going inside and someone I know is inside, and this time it's Bianca, who just talks about the stones moving if you touch them and then she's off again to do researchy stuff. We're here for an encounter and to just waltz on through this place, so let's bring on that encounter first.

Joltik is...something, I guess. Galvantula is frail, but a decent mon in my opinion. I'll catch it and put it under consideration for use, and it can be a "just in case" team member in case another curse comes to screw me over again. Anyway, I named her Arachne...because she's a spider. Kinda makes me realize that my whole team is male outside of Anubis. Oh well, it's time to blow up trainers, find useless items, and get the heck out of this cave.

It's times like this I really wish I could use repels. So many random encounters at the most annoying times. And this, kids, is why I hate Chargestone Cave. That and getting blown up by trainers hardcore made it a terrible experience. Probably one of my worst Chargestone Caves yet. At least now I'm out of that nightmare and can heal up at the Pokemon Center. After that heal, a wild Professor Juniper appears and gives me a Master Ball, which...I guess is cool. Anyway, while I can do the gym now, I want to scout out Route 7 and Celestial Tower for potential encounters, so we're doing those first, then we'll get blown up by Skyla.

Deerling is my Route 7 encounter. I mean...looking at Sawsbuck on Serebii, it's honestly a bit better than Marluxia would be overall because I can't evolve him into Roserade, and I can Heart Scale on Megahorn for some offensive power. I'm gonna go for it, and I'm probably going to be switching Marluxia out for her, even if it means I have to grind her up. So, with the Deerling issue settled, it's time for Celestial Tower for the sole purpose of getting items and an encounter, then it's gym time.

Litwick is my encounter, but...it's another case of a mon that I can't fully evolve. I mean, I caught it anyway, but I doubt I'll be using it at all. So, with those aside, it's time for Marluxia to be boxed for Rosa the Deerling, and I'll raise her and Swoopula up before we do the gym.

So before I talk about grinding and how I didn't run into 9001 encounters getting out of Celestial Tower, allow me to bring up this.

Timid nature without even trying. What is my luck sometimes? I even got a Timid Yveltel during my Y Little Cup run, and I didn't even soft reset for it because I was worried about Lysandre's Mega Gyarados ripping my team of unevolved mons to pieces. Anyway, grinding. I leveled up Swoopula and Rosa to Lv. 37 so they're caught up with the rest of the team, and I went through the hell of going back through Chargestone Cave of 9001 Encounters and Route 6 to go and relearn Megahorn. Now, it's time for the gym. I have no moves that Flying types are weak to, so it's going to be a combo of Blaze, Doctor Roy, maybe a bit of Anubis and Rosa action, and hopefully Swoopula can get a couple of battles in too.

Ok, maybe I lied. It was mostly the Doctor Roy and Anubis show, with Blaze mostly being around to handle Skarmory. Other than that, mostly Anubis and Doctor Roy. Skyla's Swanna did get a little annoying with the early Featherdance games, but Anubis has Swords Dance now, so it didn't mean much long term. Well, the next gym isn't for a bit, so...we'll have some prime time for encounters and whatever the next curse does to throw another wrench in my team.

Anyway, I'm banished to Room 9 with only four arrows. I'm gonna try out the top right one and pray for the best.

Ruby's Investigation Team

Anubis (Lucario) Lv. 39 @ Nothing
        Nature: Bashful
        Ability: Steadfast
        Moves: Force Palm, Shadow Claw, Dig, Swords Dance

Blaze (Growlithe) Lv. 38 @ Nothing
        Nature: Brave
        Ability: Intimidate
        Moves: Fire Fang, Dig, Flamethrower, Snarl

Doctor Roy (Audino) Lv. 40 @ Nothing
        Nature: Naive
        Ability: Regenerator
        Moves: Secret Power, Return, Attract, Surf

Swoopula (Woobat) Lv. 37 @ Nothing
        Ability: Unaware
        Moves: Heart Stamp, Amnesia, Air Slash, Calm Mind

Rosa (Sawsbuck) Lv. 37 @ Nothing
        Nature: Gentle
        Ability: Sap Sipper
        Moves: Charm, Megahorn, Jump Kick, Horn Leech
        Old October 27th, 2018 (11:29 AM). Edited October 27th, 2018 by Miau.
        If I fits...

Nature: Quiet
        Reporting back from Burgh's Gym in Castelia, I now have my third badge. I'll be pressing allll the buttons on the machine in room 41.

Badge Case

Team

Sandy ♂ Lv. 15
        Bashful, impetuous and silly
        Vital Spirit
        Tackle · Bite
        Take Down · Odor Sleuth

Seth ♂ Lv. 19
        Naughty, likes to fight
        Inner Focus
        Quick Attack · Foresight
        Force Palm · Counter

Shaw ♂ Lv. 21
        Lax, alert to sounds
        Flash Fire
        Fire Fang · Leer
        Odor Sleuth · Helping Hand

Spark Lv. 16
        Calm, strong willed
        Sturdy
        Thunder Shock · Supersonic
        Thunder Wave · Sonic Boom

Old October 28th, 2018 (7:22 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BlissyMKW View Post
        Anyway, I'm banished to Room 9 with only four arrows. I'm gonna try out the top right one and pray for the best.
        Not exactly full re-roll, but it's something at least...
        BlissyMKW is spinning right round!
        Okay, let's list the facts: You're locked in a room with 4 arrows on the floor and you're cursed. Now, what to do? You step on one. The room goes black and you can see universe around you. You can see white orb approaching you with a speed of light. It hits you and you can feel something inside you changed. Another light orb is getting to you. And another! And another!

After too many orbs hit you, you notice a meteorite in the distance, flying right at you. You start running, but the meteorite is approaching you to quickly. It hits you. You can feel you're losing control of your body as it hits the ground.

You open your eyes. You're still in the same room. It wasn't the right arrow....

Well, 3 arrow remaining. I'm sure you don't want to die here.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Miau View Post
        I'll be pressing allll the buttons on the machine in room 41.
        Miau is hacker now!
        "STARTING CURE PROTOCOL"

You feel like part of you is healed. Then you press another button: "CURSE LIST UPDATING! NEW CURSES ADDED!"

Ups... The pain runs through your mouth. You touch your teeth. Why do you have vampire teeth?

That would be enough for now. You decided to leave to the room 31. There is teleport, statue and computer to interact with. Or you can just leave to the rooms 27 or 14.
        Old October 29th, 2018 (1:51 AM).

update #6
          Spoiler:
          After beating every trainer I could I challenged Skyla. I had planned on letting Kritter sweep this gym, but I forgot that one of her mons knows Surf. She sent that mon out and rip Kritter. I was able to finish Skyla off with a combination of Moonlight, Morning Sun, and Confuse ray. Skarmory has x-scissor so that was fun to deal with... But I beat Skyla.

Kritter - lv 43
          Foul Play
          Dig
          Crunch
          Scary Face

Knight - lv 43
          Bite
          Moonlight
          Last resort
          Faint Attack

Sakrua - lv 41
          Psychic
          Bite
          Morning Sun
          Future Sight

Specter - lv 41
          Psybeam
          Shadow Ball
          Hex
          Confuse ray.

Hesitantly I walk into room 5.

Currently raising -
          Old October 29th, 2018 (4:10 AM).
          Rawr

Nature: Timid
            Well...I kinda got what I asked for. Let's talk about the damages, though. To be honest, I was also starting to run out of creative descriptions for these curses.

Episode 7 - Super Spooky 75% = 10% Will-o-Wisp Time

Spoiler:
            Current Curses: Embargo - Items cannot be used in battle
            First Encounter Clause - Yup, this one is still here.
            You're a wizard, Harry - There's a list and I have to add one of the mons on said list to my team
            Zombie Dinner - This one is also still here, but at least now I can evolve Blaze
            Spooky Ball - A Ghost or Dark type must be caught and added to the team. This means that I don't have to drag around an Audino anymore.
            Cursed Ground - Ground, Rock, and Fighting types are now banned, unless they are also Ghost or Dark types.
            Elm Street Neighbors - Any slashing move (Shadow Claw is included in this list, at least according to Bulbapedia) or Dream Eater are now locked in.

So there's some good news and bad news with this shuffle. The good news is that now I can use held items and stones, but the bad news is...Anubis is now lost and I have to get a second Ghost or Dark type since I'll now have to add Din the Litwick to the team for the "You're a wizard, Harry" curse. I mean, this also means that I'm free to take Doctor Roy out of the team, but I'll also have to get an available Ghost or Dark type, and since Lentimas Town is coming up and there is something matching that requirement coming up, I should be...mostly fine. Shauntal will probably blow up my team now, but that's the hand we're dealt. First, though, to rework the team a little.

Alright, so I grinded up to around Lv. 41 since I'll be needing to level up another team member when we get something from the house near Reversal Mountain since I still need another Ghost type for Spooky Ball. Din is evolved and we'll be coming upon a Fire Stone for Blaze very, very soon. So, with a plane trip, it's off to Lentimas Town to get a move on.

On an unrelated note, I took advantage of the bike and repels to go all the way back to Nimbasa City to get the Soothe Bell. Yes, I have Swoopula who can learn Fly, but I don't want to take up a move slot for that. Anyway, I scooped up the Fire Stone, stocked up on Ultra Balls, and I'm on my way. If I run into something that can fit the "You're a Wizard, Harry" curse, Din could always just be there for Spooky Ball, but my luck isn't that good. Let's see how it goes.

So...I found a Drifblim. I'm going to wait to see what I get in the Strange House before I make a positive choice on my Spooky Ball mon. For now, Blimpmania the Drifblim has been caught. As for the Strange House, Banette was my first encounter. It already has Shadow Ball, which is...interesting, but Shadow Claw will have to go on it right away if I plan on using it. Comparing it to Blimpmania and the fact I've never used Banette before in a run, I'm gonna take the Banette and add it to the team as my Spooky Ball team member. Now, to get the Dusk Stone from the Strange House, go back to heal, and then it's time for Reversal Mountain.

So Reversal Mountain was fairly uneventful except for the fact that, even with the Soothe Bell, Swoopula still hasn't evolved. To be honest, I'm heavily considering dropping him and just putting Marluxia back on the team. Yeah, I know that constantly dropping team members for others isn't a good strategy at all since it requires more grinding, but...you know. Anyway, Undella Town is a thing, and has routes nearby and a rival battle. I'm gonna restock on healing items and Ultra Balls, because it's time to scour the areas for some potential decent team members. Let's see what we got.

First up is Route 14, with some trainers to battle too for extra experience. After missing two Air Slashes and a Jump Kick in the span of two battles, I encountered a Golduck. Honestly, I'm just gonna kill it because there are much better Water types out there that I have a chance of finding.

Well, so Swoopula died during a triple battle. That was just going to set back my progress on evolving him even further, so at this point, I just decided he's not worth it anymore and boxed him. I'm considering putting Marluxia back in since I can evolve him now, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. For now, Undella Bay awaits.

Welp, I found the Frillish, and it's only Lv. 29. Caught it with a single Dive Ball and named her Big Pink. Not sure if I'll use her, though. We still have a number of routes left to hit up, so it'll depend on what I get. Water Absorb is a pretty nice ability, though. Anyway, it's time to battle John again, and I chose to lead with Blaze to deal with the Unfezant lead. I got a turn 1 burn, and even with John using his potion, Blaze handled it no problem. Din took on the Serperior with the power of Will-o-wisp and Flame Burst, and then Abandoned the Banette handled the Simisear. It wasn't that terrible. After the battle, I used the Fire Stone to finally evolve Blaze into Arcanine. Now, let's move onward.

Route 13 is another prime encounter spot for me. As for the encounter...it was just a Pelipper. Not really worth it. I'm taking a pass on it. Anyway, with that and some trainers dealt with, we arrive in Lacunosa Town, where we get some plot information before going to take down a few more Team Plasma guys since they're in my way. As for Route 12...I found a Sewaddle. Not even worth my time, so it died. On Village Bridge, I took my chances with the dark grass and got double Marill. So...yet another Water type that isn't very good, but this time, it's because most of Azumarill's viability comes from breeding. I caught one of them anyway, and it was onward towards Route 11.

Route 11 is a straight shot to Opelucid City, but there's a Verizion and an encounter to claim. Well, not the Verizion because it's a Fighting type, but a Karrablast, which will not be able to evolve so it's worse than getting nothing. I killed it and moved on. While I could go and face Drayden now, I'm going to go over to Route 9, then evolve Din with my Dusk Stone into a Chandelure. First up, Route 9.

A Duosion. It wouldn't be terrible, but it's pretty slow, even after it fully evolves. I mean, it's something different, so I guess I'll take it and use it..is what I would say if Blaze didn't instakill it. Welp, that sucks. All that remains now is the gym, and I'm just gonna run the four team members I have that are leveled up, but not before evolving my Lampent into Chandelure. Now, let's struggle hardcore against some dragons.

I swear, I've missed more Will-o-wisps than I've landed in this gym and the bot get crits so frequently, it's actually dumb. During the Triple Battle, I also missed a Megahorn along with a Will-o-wisp. This gym actually sucks. During Drayden, his Druddigon not only avoided Will-o-wisp, but he also crit me on the fourth turn with Revenge after instakilling my Banette and sitting there while I used Charm with Rosa. Blaze managed to kill the Druddigon and Flygon with Outrage, and then Haxorus was up. I had Din actually burn it, and then went for the Shadow Ball spam. He did half of her HP after +1 with a burn with Assurance, and then, after the Sitrus Berry popped, he went for Dragon Dance the next turn instead of attacking, giving me a chance to go for the kill and win. Drayden is an idiot.

So, Embargo nearly doomed me in that battle because I couldn't use Revives, but we got through alright. Now, before I grind, it's time to pick another arrow. Top right was a bust, so let's go for bottom left.

Ruby's Investigation Team

Blaze (Arcanine) Lv. 47 @ Draco Plate (used to power up Outrage if things went south)
            Ability: Intimidate
            Moves: Crunch, Dig, Flamethrower, Outrage

Rosa (Sawsbuck) Lv. 46 @ Scope Lens
            Nature: Gentle
            Ability: Sap Sipper
            Moves: Charm, Megahorn, Jump Kick, Horn Leech

Din (Chandelure) Lv. 47 @ Spell Tag
            Nature: Calm
            Ability: Flash Fire
            Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Flame Burst, Curse, Shadow Ball

Abandoned (Banette) Lv. 46 @ Lucky Egg
            Ability: Frisk
            Moves: Shadow Sneak,
            Shadow Claw, Sucker Punch, Will-o-Wisp
            Old October 29th, 2018 (8:11 AM). Edited October 29th, 2018 by Janp.

Mansion Extravaganza in Pokémon Ultra Moon

PART 7

I swear I posted update yesterday, but I probably updated it and the 1st post at the same time and only one of them made it here. That's a shame. It was really long post, but I don't want to write it down again, so I'm have to make a quick summary:

My team is psyducked. I switched Buffy for a Annie the Litwick from Island Scan. Then I raided Aether and in the 1st battle with Faba, Tim and Ned were hit by Hypnosis and I had to put them in the box. I was sure that Michael wouldn't be able to solo through the rest of the Aether, so I caught new Pokémon - Lulu the Pichu and Thing the Sandshrew. I spent eternity training them to be at the same level as Michael and then proceed to somehow beat Guzma. Lusamine was easy though.

Poni Island's Dragon Trial was easy too, with 3 of my Pokémon beeing super effective against Totem Kommo-o.

Oh and I found Shiny Zubat while hunting down Litwick:
            Spoiler:

With that, I'm waiting for a new curse. You can either put one on me from already known curses or roll it for me by posting any number from 1 to 24 here.

Team

Michael, Timid Male Bewear @Fightinium Z
            lvl 57, Klutz
            - Brick Break
            - Hammer Arm
            - Shadow Claw
            - Thrash

Annie, Jolly Female Chandelure @Firium Z
            lvl 53, Flash Fire
            - Shadow Ball
            - Flame Burst
            - Psychic
            - Will-O-Wisp

Lulu, Naughty Female Raichu @Aloraichium Z
            lvl 52, Surge Surfer
            - Psychic
            - Thunder Wave
            - Thunderbolt
            - Nasty Plot

Thing, Mild Male Sandslash @Steelium Z
            lvl 53, Snow Cloak
            - Iron Head
            - Iron Defense
            - Icicle Spear
            - Hail

I'll update the Mansion soon for you two... Stay tuned!
            Old October 29th, 2018 (9:15 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
            Hesitantly I walk into room 5.
            Brew is in the endgame now!
            Well, you move to the next room. It gets harder to move with each step.

This new room is really small. There is only teleport here. Will you step on it?

Or will you leave to the room 26 or 27?

Quote:
            Top right was a bust, so let's go for bottom left.
            BlissyMKW is spinning the wheel...
            I'll be honest with you. I should write down spooky story about you being attacked by a ghost, but I have to go somewhere soon (but still wanted to post update for you), so I hope you don't mind if I'll just slap a new curse on you and leave.

Oh and you're still stucked in the same room. Come on, now you have 50 % chance to get out.
            Old October 29th, 2018 (12:18 PM).
            Just your average Spaceball

Quote:

PART 5

This segment was nightmare, so it fits to this Challenge. The start was easy. I beat Nihilego with combined force of my still not evolved Pokémon. But then Hau came and obliterated my team. Well almost obliterated. I was able to beat him because most of his Pokémon are weak to Tim. And right after the battle both Buffy and Michael evolved. Finally!

With my newly evolved Pokémon I was able to clear the path to the Electric Trial and for a first time, it was easy! I had 2 Pokémon that can negate Electric-Type attacks, so Togedemaru fall down pretty quickly.

But then, Guzma appeared and after being destroyed by him, I remembered that I wanted to catch new member to my team to replace Igor - Beldum. I found one after a while and named it Ned. It evolved instantly, but I had to grind more to beat Guzma.

But Guzma wasn't the worst of this part. After looking at Marowak's movepool, I found out that it won't learn any Ghost-Type move, except of Shadow Bone at level 27. But it evolved from Cubone at level 28. That's just great. And so I wanted to teach it Shadow Ball. And to get TM for that, I had to battle one trainer. With Whiscash and Honchkrow. I don't like it, but I have to admit I spent about 20 minutes on that fight.

Ghost Trial probably wanted to top that, so Mimikyu had super-effective moves against everyone (except of Tim) and landed one crit after another. Somehow, after I run out of all the Revives, I won.

And so I'm waiting for another curse. You can either put one on me from already known curses or roll it for me by posting any number from 1 to 24 here.

Team

Tim, Serious Male Lanturn @Electrium Z
              lvl 38, Volt Absorb
              - Signal Beam
              - Thunder Wave
              - Discharge
              - Bubble Beam

Ned, Naive Metang @Steelium Z
              lvl 33, Clear Body
              - Take Down
              - Zen Headbutt
              - Metal Claw
              - Miracle Eye

Buffy, Quiet Female Marowak @Firium Z
              lvl 39, Lighting Rod
              - Shadow Ball
              - Flame Charge
              - Boomerang
              - Focus Energy

lvl 38, Klutz
              - Brick Break
              - Hammer Arm
              - Shadow Claw
              - Take Down
              I'll afflict you with Light's End Curse. Let's see how you do when that removes Fairy, Electric, Psychic and Fire Types from play(fortunately, Buffy is immune to being part Ghost). Losing half your team though is going to suck ;)

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
              Old October 29th, 2018 (12:41 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
              I'll afflict you with Light's End Curse. Let's see how you do when that removes Fairy, Electric, Psychic and Fire Types from play(fortunately, Buffy is immune to being part Ghost). Losing half your team though is going to suck ;)
              I'm already at the part 7 (Literally 2nd post above yours) with a different team as I lost half of my team anyway :D Light's End would still affect me as it would take away Alolan Raichu, so I think I'll take it.
              Old October 29th, 2018 (1:25 PM).
              Just your average Spaceball

Quote:
                I'm already at the part 7 (Literally 2nd post above yours) with a different team as I lost half of my team anyway :D Light's End would still affect me as it would take away Alolan Raichu, so I think I'll take it.
                Ahh well your profile on front page hasn't been updated so I didn't know. Still, should hurt you a bit(that curse hurt me a lot).

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
                Old October 29th, 2018 (1:42 PM).

Quote:
                Ahh well your profile on front page hasn't been updated so I didn't know. Still, should hurt you a bit(that curse hurt me a lot).
                Except it was updated since yesterday, because I originally posted my update then. Stop making stuff up, please.
                Old October 30th, 2018 (2:49 AM).

PART 8

Okay, the hardest battle of the game is ahead of me. But first, let me box Lulu. I have no idea who I want to replace her with. Probably one of the fossil Pokémon. Right now, I would say either Omastar or Tyrantrum.

But now, let's beat Ultra Necrozma. I OHKO'd Lunala Necrozma with Annie's Z-Move and was feeling optimistic about Ultra version. I was so wrong. 1st attempt is over in only 4 attacks. I need plan. Last time I battled Necrozma, I had Pyukumuku, but this time I'm alone. I gave Quick Claw to Thing and taught him Toxic. It took me only 4 more tries for Quick Claw to work and put poison on Ultra Necrozma. Then it was just a matter of time.

Well, I kinda forget to get my new Pokémon and continued to Hapu bossfight. Which was much more harder that I expected. I somehow won thanks to Michael tanking the hits and actually doing nice damage.

Now is probably time to interact with something after just going around the Mansion all the time (I think I forgot to move once or moved twice in one segment once). Well, I'm in the room 43 with 2 plates. You might have already guess it, but when someone got to this point in their game, they were transported to the the room 42 either with a re-roll or with more curses on them. This creates interesting situation, because one of these plates can cure up to 3 curses from a player. Two players before me tried to get it, but failed. If I grab one of the plates, it will trigger special event to sent me to the room 42, which will leave only 1 plate with the cure on the table.

And I think I'll do that! But I want to make this as random as possible, so I'm letting RNG decide, if I'll get a full re-roll, not a full re-roll or just 1 or more curses... And I hit the 2nd option. Another roll will decide how many curses I'll re-roll - 5. Now that I think about it, should I post image from the random.org or do you believe me? It doesn't matter now anyway... Oh and I'll of course get 1 more curse for moving. My new curse list is Embargo, Starter-lock hex, Forest's Curse, Zombie Dinner, Toxic Avenger (Poison-Type with Toxic on team), Frozen Curse, BIRDS!!!! (Regional bird with only Physical and Status moves on team) and Too scared to move. That means I'll have to put Alolan Muk and Toucannon on my team. I'm kinda glad that I have 6 Pokémon again. I'll also grind to the level 60 or even more, because I can no longer use items in battle.

Team

lvl 60, Klutz
                - Brick Break
                - Hammer Arm
                - Shadow Claw
                - Thrash

Annie, Jolly Female Chandelure @Firium Z
                lvl 55, Flash Fire
                - Shadow Ball
                - Flame Burst
                - Psychic
                - Will-O-Wisp

Thing, Mild Male Sandslash @Steelium Z
                lvl 57, Snow Cloak
                - Iron Head
                - Toxic
                - Icicle Spear
                - Hail
                Old October 30th, 2018 (10:32 AM).

I'm stopping my playthrough and blog for time's sake. There's a lot going on and the blog puts more pressure on me than enjoyment. I just don't really have much time to play the actual game and develop my writing. Is it alright if I can be taken off of the map? My two blog posts will still be there but no longer extended or anything. I hope this type of thing is encouraged... I don't like stopping things like this especially when it involves a community but I simply can't do it all and I would prefer focusing on other things that have top priority ATM. I'm still going to participate in challenges, just not this one for now because I'd prefer to write a summary on what I did instead of a story that I'm trying to base off of my run, if that makes any sense.

---------------------------------------------------------- (>'.')> <(^.^)> <('.'<) -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old October 30th, 2018 (11:03 AM).

Nature: Calm
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by slyfox198 View Post
                    I'm stopping my playthrough and blog for time's sake. There's a lot going on and the blog puts more pressure on me than enjoyment. I just don't really have much time to play the actual game and develop my writing. Is it alright if I can be taken off of the map? My two blog posts will still be there but no longer extended or anything. I hope this type of thing is encouraged... I don't like stopping things like this especially when it involves a community but I simply can't do it all and I would prefer focusing on other things that have top priority ATM. I'm still going to participate in challenges, just not this one for now because I'd prefer to write a summary on what I did instead of a story that I'm trying to base off of my run, if that makes any sense.
                    I'm not involved in running this so can't take you off the map or anything, but just wanted to tell you that nobody minds if somebody doesn't finish a challenge :) (unless you not finishing means someone else can't finish, of course, but that's not the case here). I haven't finished the vast majority of challenges I started lol (usually because more important things got in the way, or I got distracted by a shiny new challenge, or most of my team got wiped out or something and it would be too difficult/frustrating/annoying to progress). It was also mentioned earlier that this challenge will become a "normal" challenge after Halloween, and all the curses/interactive objects will be posted so you can take your time finishing it. You only have to finish by Halloween if you want the prize (if there is one, I can't remember).

(and yeah, no need to make a story. Lots of us just do a quick summary of what we did since the last update. Some people find it fun to create a story to go along with their challenge run but you don't have to by any means, and you can always switch from doing a story to doing a summary or vice versa whenever you want, no one's going to mind)
                    Old October 30th, 2018 (11:32 AM).

Quote:
                    Don't worry about it. The thread will still be accessible, so you can finish it when you feel like finishing it. And while writing story is fun, I myself prefer to just post summary and my thoughts as update. Heck, in many recent logs from other Challenges, I don't even talk about what I've done in-game, but about other stuff - I was watching Detroit: Become Human while playing one Challenge, so I was writing about that and then somehow fit the updates from the run to it.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
                    It was also mentioned earlier that this challenge will become a "normal" challenge after Halloween, and all the curses/interactive objects will be posted so you can take your time finishing it. You only have to finish by Halloween if you want the prize (if there is one, I can't remember).
                    I'll probably disappoint few people, but this Challenge won't become regular. It will still be accessible as every Event Challenge before, but nor me or ddrox will update the map or roll new curses (because it really became a chore after a while and took a lot of time to do). I'll still post the curse list and interactions so anyone can play by themselves.

But don't worry, I already have plans for a Christmas Event in December. And while there won't be an Event in November, I want to experiment a little bit.
                    Old October 31st, 2018 (10:49 AM).

FINAL PART

Yes, I made it. It took me a long time, but somehow I made it. This is last time I play an Event on Alola games...

Anyway, with the new set of rules, I add Bellis the Alolan Muk and the Toucannon on my team. I trained them to level 50 and then went to challenge E4.

I started with Molayne. Annie and Micheal were my choices for this battle and I had really hard time with no healing and Z-Moves in the battle. But I was able to beat him with not that many problems.

I prepared for Olivia after the last battle against her. Once again, the hard thing was not to let my Pokémon's HP drop to low, so I can use them safely against other Pokémon.

Acelora and another easy battle. And once again, I used mostly Annie.

Kahili! Lulu, that returned on team after last segment, did a fast work of her.

And finally, Champion battle with Hau. It was fun battle with a lot of switching and no fainted Pokémon at the end.

Overall, this Challenge was fun. I spent most of the time grinding, because I had to switch my team all the time. It got a easier in the late game. The worst thing was that Ultra Moon is soooo slow at times and in some segments I didn't even play that much as I was waiting for a cutscenes to end.

And here's the Hall of Fame:
                    Spoiler:

Team

Michael, Timid Male Bewear
                    lvl 65, Klutz
                    - Brick Break
                    - Hammer Arm
                    - Work Up
                    - Thrash

Annie, Jolly Female Chandelure
                    lvl 60, Flash Fire
                    - Shadow Ball
                    - Flame Burst
                    - Psychic
                    - Will-O-Wisp

Thing, Mild Male Sandslash
                    lvl 62, Snow Cloak
                    - Iron Head
                    - Toxic
                    - Icicle Spear
                    - Hail

Lulu, Naughty Female Raichu
                    lvl 61, Surge Surfer
                    - Psychic
                    - Thunder Wave
                    - Thunderbolt
                    - Nasty Plot

Peeler, Timid Male Toucannon
                    lvl 57, Skill Link
                    - Beak Blast
                    - Bullet Seed
                    - Fury Attack
                    - Feather Dance

Bellis, Careful Female Muk
                    lvl 58, Poison Touch
                    - Gunk Shot
                    - Toxic
                    - Crunch
                    - Venom Drench
                    Old October 31st, 2018 (7:54 PM).
                    Engineering Solutions

Nature: Lax
                    Final Update (#9) on Ruby:
                    • I had to catch an Absol due to the new curse, so Torment the Absol replaced Crusher the Pinsir.
                    • Battled the remaining trainers on the sea routes to train him up.
                    • Grinded a bit before going to Evergrande and passing through Victory Road.
                    • Wally challenged me at the end and I handled him easily.
                    • Did a lot of grinding to get everyone to L50 to take on the Elite Four.
                    • Sidney wasn't too difficult since I was higher leveled than his team.
                    • Pheobe was soloed by Torment's Swords Dance + Shadow Ball combo.
                    • Glacia was taken down mostly by Smoggy and Boing.
                    • Drake was handled with a team effort, with Beamer getting the knockout with Ice Beam.
                    • Finally Wallace was up. His Cradily was a major pain, but thanks to Smoggy's versatility he was able to take down Skarmory, Metagross, and Armaldo to secure me the victory.
                    Screens:
                    Spoiler:

The Triumphant Investigators:

Smoggy the Brave Weezing, ♂ - L52
                    Ability: Levitate
                    Moves: Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Toxic
                    Hoenn co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP, Champion MVP

Torment the Lonely Absol, ♂ - L51
                    Ability: Pressure
                    Moves: Bite, Slash, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance

Brave the Adamant Swellow, ♀ - L50
                    Ability: Guts
                    Moves: Return, Steel Wing, Fly, Double Team

Thorny the Quiet Cacturne, ♀ - L51
                    Ability: Sand Veil
                    Moves: Giga Drain, Return, Faint Attack, Flash

Boing the Hasty Grumpig, ♂ - L51
                    Ability: Thick Fat
                    Moves: Psychic, Confuse Ray, Psybeam, Psywave

Beamer the Hardy Tentacruel, ♀ - L50
                    Ability: Clear Body
                    Moves: Surf, Barrier, Ice Beam, Blizzard
                    Hoenn co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP

Old November 2nd, 2018 (1:36 AM). Edited November 2nd, 2018 by Janp.

Spoiler:
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by on154288 View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kitetheslakoth View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Miau View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Goatboy88 View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Radboy View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Coffee Jeans View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Spook
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tyroar View Post
                    Spook

Hi guys, thanks again for participating in this event and congratulations to the ones who completed it. Before I unstick the thread I have one more request for you. Could you give me and ddrox some sort of feedback on this event? Did you enjoy the whole thing? Made the curses your game challenging? Would you like to see this "map based" format in more events? Was waiting for a new curse acceptable? If you are new to this forum, will you try more Challenges now?
                    Old November 8th, 2018 (10:07 AM).

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

New event is up. Like I said, I wanted to experiment this month and this is the beginning. Well, what is the new event?

30 days of Challenges!

Quick Reply