The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
Can event ribbons be hacked?

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old 1 Week Ago (7:37 AM).

So without having to go through a hack check, some quick input would be appreciated.

Recently, this happened. I posted this on Serebii forums:

Hello, I need help determining if my Pokemon is hacked. I just acquired a Shiny Diancie. I've looked at the event page and everything is right, except its Shiny.
    The pokemon in question:

Shiny Diancie, OT Hope, ID 07245, Cherish Ball, Classic Ribbon, Lv 50. From Hoenn.

According to the event database, this version isn't Shiny. But everything else checks out. Is it possible to hack ribbons onto a Pokemon? The shiny Diancie is suppose to have ID 12125 and OT ポケセン according to the event page. Any input would be appreciated.

I feel like this Diancie could be hacked because I know events are shiny locked except for what is meant to be shiny. I know people found a way to delete event ribbons. Is it possible to add them? And if not, how can this Diancie be shiny with the event ribbon?
    Old 1 Week Ago (2:48 PM).
    Colour

Nature: Careful
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chras5 View Post
    So without having to go through a hack check, some quick input would be appreciated.

Recently, this happened. I posted this on Serebii forums:

Hello, I need help determining if my Pokemon is hacked. I just acquired a Shiny Diancie. I've looked at the event page and everything is right, except its Shiny.
    The pokemon in question:

Shiny Diancie, OT Hope, ID 07245, Cherish Ball, Classic Ribbon, Lv 50. From Hoenn.

According to the event database, this version isn't Shiny. But everything else checks out. Is it possible to hack ribbons onto a Pokemon? The shiny Diancie is suppose to have ID 12125 and OT ポケセン according to the event page. Any input would be appreciated.

I feel like this Diancie could be hacked because I know events are shiny locked except for what is meant to be shiny. I know people found a way to delete event ribbons. Is it possible to add them? And if not, how can this Diancie be shiny with the event ribbon?
    iirc then yeah, you can add ribbons in pkhex which means it may be a convincing fake, or they simply loaded the event data into pkhex and ticked the shiny box.
    Old 1 Week Ago (6:43 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by SunsetRainbow View Post
      iirc then yeah, you can add ribbons in pkhex which means it may be a convincing fake, or they simply loaded the event data into pkhex and ticked the shiny box.
      Thanks for the reply. I don't really understand much about how they're able to do it, but I stumbled upon a website that sells customized(hacked) events, new and old that are no longer available. Surprised Nintendo hasn't shut the site down. I figured it was hacked, but just wanted confirmation. Cant even trust event Pokemon either :T
      Thanks again, much appreciated.
      Old 1 Week Ago (12:40 AM).
      Colour

Nature: Careful
      it's unfortunate, but the only way to be sure something isn't hacked is by acquiring it from a legitimate source yourself, otherwise there's always the possibility it's hacked. ive definitely had hacks through wonder trade, and i don't delete them, i just like leave them in my boxes.

Quick Reply