• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
Help finding Bagon

Okay, I'm looking for a Bagon in Meteor Falls, but I forgot how to get it because I have not played my Sapphire since 2 years now I guess... Anyway, do I need waterfall to get somewhere or are the Bagon in a certain location? Also what is the best nature for Bagon/Shelgon/Salamance?

Thanks for helping! =]

Water Pokemon Trainer

Starting A New Leaf
Years
its in like a ini cave inside meteor falls and yes you require waterfall to get there and it appears at lvl 28 i think it was try going for an adamant modest jolly timid or mild rash natures depending on what your going to use it as SpecsMence MixMEnce PhysicalMence

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Yes u Need Waterfall. And Bagon Is in the Place where u get TM02 Dragon Claw. Bagon Will be around Lv25-Lv35.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
its in like a ini cave inside meteor falls and yes you require waterfall to get there and it appears at lvl 28 i think it was try going for an adamant modest jolly timid or mild rash natures depending on what your going to use it as SpecsMence MixMEnce PhysicalMence
I want my Bagon to be Physical, so whats the correct nature for it? lol Should I choose Mild?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Ummm, Mild is -Atk, so that isn't a good choice for a physical sweeper. You want Adamant Salamence.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
No, Rash is +SAtk which has no affect on Atk. Your higher Atk would be attributed to a good IV in that stat.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA) on the Salamence if it is Physical, unless you want Spe without lowering Atk, then do Jolly (+Spe, -SpA).

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
Yes. However, if you are concerned about the -SAtk then I would go with Lonely.
If you are concerned about low defense (though no physical moves are super effective in R/S/E), go for adamant. In D/P/P, definitely go for adamant unless you have yache berry/focus sash. Ice punch/outrage/the like will PWN you.

If you are concerned about lowering of special attack, go for lonely.

If you are concerned with having speed too low, go for jolly/hasty.

If you're crazy like me, go for docile. (Which you should not do, by the way.)

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Please avoid using Docile. It doesn't provide any benefit to the Pokemon whatsoever. If you think about it, your Pokemon is basically 10% worse than it could be. In a tight battle, that could end up being very significant.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
Please avoid using Docile. It doesn't provide any benefit to the Pokemon whatsoever. If you think about it, your Pokemon is basically 10% worse than it could be. In a tight battle, that could end up being very significant.
I said if you're crazy. Implying it should not be docile.
I'll edit it.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
I know, my comment was directed to you in particular. heh

You can be crazy all you want, I am the pot calling the kettle black of course, just don't use those neutral natures.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Pokemon-RS-MeteorFalls-B1%281%29.png

Should be in the top opening, all dark and mysterious and stuff. Bagon are pretty rare. :B

Adamant is the preferred nature for Bagon for the majority of its movesets, with Jolly as a close second. Rash is there for the MixMence set.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
I know, my comment was directed to you in particular. heh

You can be crazy all you want, I am the pot calling the kettle black of course, just don't use those neutral natures.
It doesn't work in the competitive environment, but it works in-game.
My hardy swampert scores a few KOs both ways. I took weeks breeding him.

Pokémon specific to in-game play aren't bad. Even a bibarel stands a chance in-game.

Half my starters are neutral-natured and they still work. I'd just not use them in a competitive environment.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
True, but even in-game having a positive nature can mean the difference between a OHKO and 2HKO, both offensively and defensively.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
True, but even in-game having a positive nature can mean the difference between a OHKO and 2HKO, both offensively and defensively.
You're right... but I still love docile nature. =/

Does it help to know my competitive team has reasonably "good" natures? (well, all except my mesprit. DX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back