• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald 650

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Awesome! I remember you making a thread about problem with evolution. You also posted your rom then. I kept it ever since lol. So, did you fix this bug with evolution? If so, how?
Also, I've been making such rom with ~ 700 pokemon in it and God...It's been one of the most time-consuming and boring things I've ever done...And yet, you made it. You spared us all much, much time.
I basically did a process called "Reinventing the Wheel." Basically, I redid Emerald 650 and made this patch again...and it fixed itself haha.

BTW, I'm going to make a side patch for everyone. Basically, it is the same patch as above, but all 650 of the Pokémon catchable, since some people don't understand that this is a RESOURCE PATCH and that it is for someone else to take apart and use...

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
I have some questions....
1 how do we remove the pokemon capture exp gains
2 you stated that some attacks don't have proper animations
Does that mean that the animations are glitched?
3 Is there a list of what abilities each Pokémon has?
4 Are the the pokemon avalible before or after obtaining the national dex?
Just want to know if the I need to make the N-Dex availible at the start of the game

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I have some questions....
1 how do we remove the pokemon capture exp gains
Replace 00 42 DE 08 to 84 BD 2D 08 and change the bytes at 3DE7C to 71 DF 03 08.
2 you stated that some attacks don't have proper animations
Does that mean that the animations are glitched?
Nope, they just have placeholder animations from the original moves in the game.
3 Is there a list of what abilities each Pokémon has?
Or just open up G3HS and look for yourself :)
4 Are the the pokemon avalible before or after obtaining the national dex?
Just want to know if the I need to make the N-Dex availible at the start of the game
They are available any time, if you add them yourself.

Okay, well I added a good portion of the Pokémon into my secondary patch, but I reached a problem. I want to make this as legit as possible, so I want to add this:

Spoiler:
Like, for example, if you have all of the Regis, you can fight Regigigas. If you don't the player will just acknowledge it as just a statue. So, a combination of the Check code and a legendary battle script. If anyone wants to help me out with that, that would be awesome!

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
yo, this is amazing, but is there an .ini for unnamed trainer editor?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
yo, this is amazing, but is there an .ini for unnamed trainer editor?
You mean this thingy?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 6, 2015
would be good if there's a hack for it, i mean, a save editor, like A-save for 3gen, or ciros pokemon maker, but with the 650 pokemons and the new move's

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 16, 2022
Tlachtli has inserted most new abilities into his Sigma Emerald hack, maybe its worth a look if you want to know how to add new abilities into Emerald. I'm dying to play an updated Emerald hack.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
drain punch freezes the game.
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I accidentally set the the Pokédex Scrolling Glitch fix as the animation offset for Drain Punch XD It's fixed and should work fine now.

UPDATE: I hope everyone is having a nice Easter! I added the .ini for the Unnamed Trainer Editor on the first post, if anyone uses it. Also, I just wanted to take my time to update everyone the progress of my secondary patch. If you did not read the thread, I am working on adding every Pokémon to the wild. How's the progress? So far, about 86% of the Pokémon are catchable! The only ones left are the starters, legendaries, and Event Pokémon (i.e. Zorua and Larvesta). God, it's a nightmare! I've never done a wildbattle script before in my life, and I needed some way to have the Pokémon appear in a legitimate way...

So, I did something smart yesterday while doing homework. Check it out:
Spoiler:

It's just an idea, but I'm having trouble making those legendary scripts disappear after you fight them. Does anyone have any info on flags that cause the legendaries to disappear after you fight them?

Last edited:

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I accidentally set the the Pokédex Scrolling Glitch fix as the animation offset for Drain Punch XD It's fixed and should work fine now.

UPDATE: I hope everyone is having a nice Easter! I added the .ini for the Unnamed Trainer Editor on the first post, if anyone uses it. Also, I just wanted to take my time to update everyone the progress of my secondary patch. If you did not read the thread, I am working on adding every Pokémon to the wild. How's the progress? So far, about 86% of the Pokémon are catchable! The only ones left are the starters, legendaries, and Event Pokémon (i.e. Zorua and Larvesta). God, it's a nightmare! I've never done a wildbattle script before in my life, and I needed some way to have the Pokémon appear in a legitimate way...

So, I did something smart yesterday while doing homework. Check it out:
Spoiler:

It's just an idea, but I'm having trouble making those legendary scripts disappear after you fight them. Does anyone have any info on flags that cause the legendaries to disappear after you fight them?

There are no defined flags. After you fought for example Zapdos, the game sets a random flag (you need to do this, make a new flag) and it checks on that.

So basically you set an unset flag (not an used flag) (it doesn't matter which one) and you check on that. There are some tutorials out on the internet about pokemon battles with flags so I'd suggest you to check them out.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
There are no defined flags. After you fought for example Zapdos, the game sets a random flag (you need to do this, make a new flag) and it checks on that.

So basically you set an unset flag (not an used flag) (it doesn't matter which one) and you check on that. There are some tutorials out on the internet about pokemon battles with flags so I'd suggest you to check them out.
Oh, okay. Well, I have someone helping out with that, but okay.

Also, THE BATTLE FRONTIER WON'T LET ME USE MY TEAM >:(
Spoiler:

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
Oh, okay. Well, I have someone helping out with that, but okay.

Also, THE BATTLE FRONTIER WON'T LET ME USE MY TEAM >:(
-video removed from quote-

How is the whole 'banned pokemon' even done? I've always wanted to remove the whole ban system from the battle frontier, but without luck.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
How is the whole 'banned pokemon' even done? I've always wanted to remove the whole ban system from the battle frontier, but without luck.
In emerald, at the offset 0x611C9A, there's a table with 10 entries of 2 bytes (shorts), followed by an FFFF at the end of the table, which marks the pokemon restricted for entry in Battle Tower. To add or remove entries, add the pokemon number reversed in hex, and end the table with FFFF. If you want to remove all the limitations, just write FFFF to the beginning of the table (offset 611C9A).

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
is there any way to get these hack features seperately from one another because id rather just have an emerald rombase with an expanded pokedex so i can add my own pokemon,
Fairy-type as its own type, included on the old pokemon and new moves, Evolutions expanded to 8 per Pokémon, for Eevee specifically.
New Evolution Methods, like Map Name Evolution, Move Name Evolution, etc.
100+ new moves, along with some new move animations, new descriptions and move effects.
Reusable TMs, so no worrying about losing any, Eggs now hatch at Level 1 and you can run in buildings
decap and the PSS with icons?

i doubt such rombases exist seperately but id be extremely grateful if you knew of such and where i could find them and thanks

Scarex

Beautyfool.
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Wow, that's an interesting patch! Really good job!

I want to apply it to my hack, but I've started the game already, and I have the expanded Pokédex too xD

I think it should be a good idea to put a word in the rar with all the changes you've made in the game, so people like me, can change its esmerald base manually XDD (I'm especially interested in the limiters)

Greetings!

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
yeah i noticed that all pokemon for the most part except deoxys for some reason is lacking its LZ77 compression which is why i would like to have these features seperately considering how botched the sprites are

Years
Guys can someone give me the exact rom dump name to apply the patch to? I just can't find the right emerald rom, i tried the following ones
"Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe)"
"Pokemon - Emerald Version (UE)"
"Pokemon Emerald(U)(TrashMan)"

Back