• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Difference?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Has anyone else's writing ability improved since joining the Roleplay Theatre It's still a corner in my heart. I can say that mine has dramatically increased since my first awkward post in PTA.

Years
I'd say that if your writing hasn't improved at least a little if you have been RPing for an extended period of time, you're doing something wrong.

Edit: Okay that makes me sound too brutal. I don't expect everyone to be literary gods, I just think it's pretty much impossible for constantly writing to not have some positive effect on your writing ability.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I haven't seen any changes for the better in my writing. If anything I think the quality of my writing may have gone down which is surprising given how crappy it was before :x

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Mine improved a lot from when I first joined, I made my original account in January of 2011, and this one in August 2011. When I first started I wasn't that great got a lot of Infractions and couldn't use my account for a few weeks. But by October of that year I received the Most Improved Roleplayer emblem. It takes work and patience but doing this for four years has really improved my writing ability.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Extremely.
Spoiler:

That to this:

Spoiler:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I still think every post I make is awful so yeah!

I less improved my writing, more learned how to RP.

Luckily no one is left who saw my first... foray into this crazy place

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I guess a little? Hm. I wasn't really young when I started RPing here so I can't blame being bad at English or something. Although, in general, I'd say my grasp of the language has improved and I know more words now haha.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I know that my writing style has improved as much as my ability to chain things together. I look back at my first post from two years ago (almost three) and I can't help but imagine what must've been going on in my head. If anything, I've learned how to "write smart," for a lack of better terms.

Back