• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Might be a silly question because I'm sure it's based on happiness - but my Togepi or 'EGGY' from the Snare event hasn't evolved and it's at lvl. 25. It's never fainted etc always front of party yet I seen a Let's Play posted above and it evolved one level after receiving. Is there perhaps a glitch in it's base happiness?

I will look into this. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 8, 2019
I made an account on this board just to tell you how awesome this hack is. Gorgeous level design (love the variety of environments, from creepy forests to blooming trees), creative ideas that make the game fun to explore, beautiful sprites, catchy original music and not a single line of cringy dialogue in sight! It's obvious that you put a great deal of love and care in this game, and it would be awesome to play a full version of this hack eventually.

That being said, there are a couple of issues I noted. I don't know if you know about these already, please take these as constructive criticism:

Poison powder does not work. It's pretty funny actually, every time a Pokémon uses it on you, the "X uses poison powder!" dialogue box pops up, no animation plays, there is a moment of awkward silence and then it's your turn to flick them on the nose for trying to poison you.

Belly drum is a suicide button. Instead of taking half the opponent's health, it knocks it out completely. Made that Snorlax a bitch to catch, the poor thing just kept instantly committing sudoku every time it saw me.

I'm pretty sure affection is bugged. I grinded my Eevee all the way to lvl 36 and it still refuses to evolve. Or maybe the lil bastard just hates me, I don't know.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 16, 2019
Hi! I considered making an account because I wanted to give this hack my praise so far, but I encountered a strange bug while playing! So I suppose now I have to make an account? I'm not sure if this has been mentioned however, so I'm sorry if this bug report is a little bit redundant. I was scrolling through this thread, and saw that one could pick up Togepi after chasing the ruffians out of town--I had done so but I hadn't revisited the house with said Togepi. I haven't fought the gym yet because I wanted to level up a bit, so I figured while I was doing that I could stop by. When I returned, I encountered... C-clones??

Oh turns out I can't post images until I make five posts, neato beato. Uh, I'll describe it? (If you want to see it I guess you can PM me??) Along with the NPCs where they ought to be placed (Sitting across from each other at the table), the different event trigger placements are still present. So there's a little girl at the entrance (and you spawn on top of her when you enter... oh... thankfully this doesn't trap you in place.), another little girl two tiles below the mother sitting at the table, and a second mother diagonal to the extra little girl. No extra Togepi, though.

Exiting and re-entering after picking up Togepi doesn't fix the issue. They all share the same dialog (the little girl asking about EGGY and the mom thanking me for helping).

Anyway, I really like this hack so far! It's super fun and cute, and it has some really fun ideas to it. I'm glad I found out about it through Pikasprey, even with some spoilers in his out-of-bounds adventuring.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Hi! I considered making an account because I wanted to give this hack my praise so far, but I encountered a strange bug while playing! So I suppose now I have to make an account? I'm not sure if this has been mentioned however, so I'm sorry if this bug report is a little bit redundant. I was scrolling through this thread, and saw that one could pick up Togepi after chasing the ruffians out of town--I had done so but I hadn't revisited the house with said Togepi. I haven't fought the gym yet because I wanted to level up a bit, so I figured while I was doing that I could stop by. When I returned, I encountered... C-clones??

Oh turns out I can't post images until I make five posts, neato beato. Uh, I'll describe it? (If you want to see it I guess you can PM me??) Along with the NPCs where they ought to be placed (Sitting across from each other at the table), the different event trigger placements are still present. So there's a little girl at the entrance (and you spawn on top of her when you enter... oh... thankfully this doesn't trap you in place.), another little girl two tiles below the mother sitting at the table, and a second mother diagonal to the extra little girl. No extra Togepi, though.

Exiting and re-entering after picking up Togepi doesn't fix the issue. They all share the same dialog (the little girl asking about EGGY and the mom thanking me for helping).

Anyway, I really like this hack so far! It's super fun and cute, and it has some really fun ideas to it. I'm glad I found out about it through Pikasprey, even with some spoilers in his out-of-bounds adventuring.

Hmm... I had encountered issues like that during testing, but I thought I fixed them all. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Do you remember anything more specific about your sequence of events? Did you beat the Grunt in the Center before the other 2? Did you leave town and come back? Would help me trace down the issue.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 16, 2019
Certainly!

Because I needed a heal after Starglow Cave, I did go to the Pokemon Center first. (I got a real kick out of the grunt fight in the Center, that's a nice touch!) I stopped by the mart to see if there was a similar event there, took out the two grunts, talked to NPCs around town, then made the team leave. Once that event was finished I topped off my Pokemon's EXP to level up in Starglow Cave, then went to Route 4. Ran about for a bit, switching between the cave and the route to level up a Pokemon, then found out I could get the Togepi, and went to pick it up.

I can't think of anything out of the ordinary I did beyond that, however.

Oh, while I remember, I forgot to mention it sooner. When in the first gym, I talked to the clerk to show her my library card, as I had checked on the library before going to the forest. But when I tried to enter, she pulled me back and made me show her the library card again, as if she forgot, haha. It just stood out to me!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
hey just wondering. how is devolopment going? i'd like to see new screenies if possible.

Illyasviel

video game hustler
Years
Really loving this hack -- GBC ROM hacks are always close to my heart. I look forward to following this project in the future.

For now, I have a couple questions:
1.) Charmeleon can learn Fake Out by TM in this game, but Pikachu (who naturally gets it through breeding nowadays) can't -- is this intentional?
2.) Is Eggy the Togepi always shiny or was that just my odds?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Really loving this hack -- GBC ROM hacks are always close to my heart. I look forward to following this project in the future.

For now, I have a couple questions:
1.) Charmeleon can learn Fake Out by TM in this game, but Pikachu (who naturally gets it through breeding nowadays) can't -- is this intentional?
2.) Is Eggy the Togepi always shiny or was that just my odds?

I'll add Fake Out to Pikachu's learnset, thank you for pointing that out. Eggy is always shiny.

Years
So coraldev is this project still going on? Men i hope play the full game!!! Definitely if you realize the full game this year became the game of the year!!!!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 12, 2022
I just wanted to say that i really appreciate you for making this hack. The way HMs are handled in this is really good so i don't have to go back to a pc to get my hm slave out just to cut a tree to progress. Another thing is just the detail and effort you put in this with the music and how almost ALL of it is original and good, when you get on the cliff and you can see the town in the background is another example. Thank you for your hard work and also please stay safe.

Back