• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 9, 2019
Hello ChaosRush! I created a Pokecommunity account just so I could be able to download this new patch... Your hack is too cool to pass up TuT

I have a question though, would it be possible to merge this .ips patch with the 2014 version of DarkViolet? I accidentally downloaded and played the 2014 ver. without reading it stops after 7 badges :(

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
lack of reusable TMs is painfu, same with lack of reusable move tutors. I do like some of the evolution changes like Mankey evolving sooner, but shame that there doesnt appear to be any unique movepool changes save one or two instances. I say this because I started with Bulbsaur and I got a crapy hidden power variation from it (speaking of why Hidden Power doesnt have a base 60 attack power regardless of type outcome is another issue I have) and without a third special attack outside of the grass or poison type it is really going to struggle...I did notice that Blue's charmeleon has a new move called Dragon Bullet, does the bulbasaur line get any new moves added to their selection? Would be nice if Venusaur could learn Earth Power.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
How do I get to cinnabar island? Dunno where to go after fuchsia.

Ps: Nvm. Already found HM Surf.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 10, 2019
Chaos Rush. Not to screw up the rules, but do you know the cheats or allow them on your Pokemon Dark Violet hack game?

Last edited:

Strifeotto

Pokemon Gijinka Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
On the Visual Boy Advance emulator after patching a 1.0 Version of Pokemon Fire Red, after selecting a starter Pokemon, when Professor Oak states "This Pokemon is quite energetic!", the game freezes. Should I select a different emulator or should I patch a 1.1 version of Fire Red?

OolongMochi

Oolong Mochi
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Great romhack, one of the best ones i've played in a long time!
I came, however, to share a problem i just had. I was in Route 11, and i went to face the second electrician-type guy and his Electrode used Selfdestruct and the game froze. I was using a Venusaur, lvl. 42, holding a Lucky Egg. Thankfully i save a lot so i didn't miss much, so i retried the battle and killed the Electrode before it could selfdestruct. However, the game froze again anyway. I then retried for the third time without the lucky egg and the battle went okay. So my guess is that there's something off with the item. Idk if that has already been pointed out, just trying to help ^^ Again, great romhack, congratulations for all the work, it's beautiful!

Years
I'm a fan of Chaos Rush's FF translation hacks, so was interested in trying this hack, but when I read that he is "Ashamed of it" it makes me hesitate into sinking the time investment in this hack.

Can anyone explain what he meant by this? Looking to play through my first completed ROM hack which is why this one interested me, being complete and all.

Years
I'm a fan of Chaos Rush's FF translation hacks, so was interested in trying this hack, but when I read that he is "Ashamed of it" it makes me hesitate into sinking the time investment in this hack.

Can anyone explain what he meant by this? Looking to play through my first completed ROM hack which is why this one interested me, being complete and all.

Well there's some minor cringe in it, just some middle school level edge here and there but it's not too awful.

Plus-Sized Scribe

Cry Creator and Whovian
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
GR6WJJh.png

Fun fact: the wall my character is facing is programmed as a ledge and now I'm stuck. :| Otherwise, this is a solidly done hack.

Years
Absolutely fantastic.
The main game is incredible! Much better than the original.

Post game is sort of... Not there. Which was sad. The optional boss fights around Kanto are sooo super cool! The new area feels unfinished. It's not, just has a strange feeling about it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2023
Even if you say you aren't proud of it, I certainly think you ought to be. It might not be hack of the century or whatever, but you managed to, for the first time in ages in my eyes, make Kanto actually interesting to play through. I've played a multitude of hacks and fangames that take place in Kanto, and while some were decent, the Kanto formula wore on me, and as my least favorite region to play through, they didn't really stand out.

This hack made me ENJOY playing through Kanto again for the first time in ages. Taking notes from Black and White and using lore and worldbuilding established after the story told in the initial Kanto romp was genius, it made the whole experience feel fresh again. For all you had inspired off of Black and White, it never felt like you were just ripping aspects of it out and plugging them into a Kanto skin. Refurbished and made unique, that was the greatest strength of the hack in my eyes.

Also, you gave a warning that this story was edgy, which I disagree with. It's not kiddy childish stuff like the main series, and is a good bit more mature, but there's a difference between mature and edgy. I think you really nicely fell on the mature side of the spectrum

Years
Hello Chaos Rush,

I am the creator of the fangame Pokémon Sacred Phoenix, a French project that has been on the rails for a year now.
For the end-game, it is expected that the three legendary birds can be fought in combat.

So I wanted to ask you if I can create an orchestral remix of your legendary birds theme and incorporate this remix for the fight against Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.
You will of course be credited as an original composer for this music. (Just like Dasgust who composed the old theme of Phoenix RIsing and I was able to recompose with his accord for my title screen theme.)

The composer who joined my team is Pipevanes. There is a good chance you know him: he did a lot of Pokemon remix on YouTube.

Thank you.

Years
The story was better than the Base ROM, but literally fell flat by the end of the Rocket plot. The Elite Four and Post-game activities felt... without purpose

Back