• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
If you're waiting for different answers, or more help of some sort, then I'm gonna go ahead and just merge with the sticky thread that Nica mentioned instead of closing it up here.

Don't mind meee.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Well, I'm not even sure if this has a forum (or if I can do this),
but I have an idea for an event that I would like to show someone who could organize it and give it approval. Would this be better suited to PM's? If so, who should I contact about it?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I suppose it depends on what the event is for. If it relates to a specific section for instance, than you'd want to PM the moderator/s of that section. (Mind you there are also 'events' every half-year or so on PC called the Get Together, in which a subforum is made for - more or less competitions, gaming events, etc. i believe it's to occur in July this year?)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I suppose it depends on what the event is for. If it relates to a specific section for instance, than you'd want to PM the moderator/s of that section. (Mind you there are also 'events' every half-year or so on PC called the Get Together, in which a subforum is made for - more or less competitions, gaming events, etc. i believe it's to occur in July this year?)

Ahh, that sounds like a place to start.
Would you by any chance know who to contact about that?
Possibly who's running it or something?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ahh, that sounds like a place to start.
Would you by any chance know who to contact about that?
Possibly who's running it or something?

Hiroshi Sotomura usually runs it (and is doing so this year), though I suggest waiting until the announcement thread is put up, which allows users to submit ideas as well as volunteer to host things, since if you PM him now he'll likely forget by then. :(

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years

Hiroshi Sotomura usually runs it (and is doing so this year), though I suggest waiting until the announcement thread is put up, which allows users to submit ideas as well as volunteer to host things, since if you PM him now he'll likely forget by then. :(

Cool, I'll just wait until then. Thanks a bunch :D !

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I don't see where does any more serious type of forum games fit (like mafias and what other semi-RP required stuff.) It's not quite discussing board games so doesn't seem to fit in that one about tabletop games cause it's still something to play in PC forum itself. It's not quite a trivia cause it's not like questionnaire type of a game. Maybe it's in "other games" but all the games there a short spasm of quickie posts usually about person above type of game... doesn't seem to fit all too well.

Where does a forum game go then? Just in Other Chat or still Other Trivia?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Other Trivia. We have had some RP-like games there without problems. Other Games is now Video Gaming to prevent confusion and Other Chat is more for debates and general discussions, so to Other Trivia it goes.

Plus, we haven't had questionnaires there for a long time XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Hmmm does it fit into Roleplay corner as well or strictly other trivia? =0

Just feels like stuff in other trivia is suitable for like, twitter-length and not anything more swt

Years
There've been a few mafia game attempts recently in both Pokemon Trivia and Other Trivia, but they died out because of complexity or a lack of time/attention by those who are interested. I think they're better suited for the Trivias.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
i was thinking of a thread like "if this pokemon was a greek god, what would it be?" im thinking it would go in pokemon general, but i'm just making sure.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
i just realized i probably phrased that wrong. sry about that. i meant more like who would be zeus, poseidon, etc. and people put their ideas. not like what would this pokemon be and there's a right answer. i just want to hear other peoples ideas.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Definitely Pokemon General since they already have a topic that would be similar to your own in Pokemon based off Norse myths.

Absol Fire

Beginning Rom Hacker
Years
Scripting related question?

Hello,i was just wondering about a scriting idea and tools,where would i post that?

Absol Fire

Beginning Rom Hacker
Years
Well,it was more about the things like there is a program called atext,or advance text,and it is a simple script editor.but it cover mainly there very first part of the adventure.i was looking for something like it but that covers the whole adventure,would it be in the tool section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back