• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So uhh.. I'm at Dialga in PMD: Explorer of Time and I keep dying and having to restart the whole bloody dungeon until I get to Dialga and to just die again numerous times.. Anyone got any tips on beating Dialga? >.<

I'm a Treecko with Slam, Quick Attack, Pursuit & Giga Drain. My teammate is Piplup with Growl, Whirlpool, Drill PEck & Hydro Pump.
We're both level 49, btw.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So uhh.. I'm at Dialga in PMD: Explorer of Time and I keep dying and having to restart the whole bloody dungeon until I get to Dialga and to just die again numerous times.. Anyone got any tips on beating Dialga? >.<

I'm a Treecko with Slam, Quick Attack, Pursuit & Giga Drain. My teammate is Piplup with Growl, Whirlpool, Drill PEck & Hydro Pump.

Giving any one of your Pokémon Fighting and/or Ground moves really helps. Violent Seeds and/or Sleep Seeds help too.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Thanks a lot Hikari, Sydian

Well, I did a little search about your recommendations, and I decided to start off with white version (black and white), Since I'm new to Pokemon I think i need a great story that can make me go on with it and complete it at least to let me play the others.

To be honest, The reason that made me ask that question is black and white, I read about and saw some interesting characters one that loves ferris wheel or something.

In anyways, I'm going to order a list Black and white and B2 and W2/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver

Now! I'm grateful for knowing such a good community. I'll try to discuss my playthrough with all of you.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When you want to post about your playthroughs in the games, use the Journey Journals. :) There's one in each section that goes with the Pokemon games, so if you're going to post about your White journey, go to the 5th Generation Gaming forum and use that onel

gsc-ch1-01.png

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

You should train a bit... at least to level 55 so Roar of Time won't kill you that easily.

Pinta77

Colosseum - Lost to Gonzap 2nd time around

So I lost to Gonzap in Snagem hide out. I went back and he isn't there anymore. I've searched the internet and can't find out what to do, and some threads I've seen say it might be a glitch. I can't progress until I beat Gonzap. Does anyone know what to do? Has this happened to anyone else?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pretty sure it's a glitch, but I think the item you need should be there regardless. This is Colosseum right? So you'd need the D-Disk from him at this point, if I'm not mistaken.

Pinta77

Yes, Colosseum. You know, I didn't look for an item or check my inventory. I'll try that.

Thanks for moving this. I didn't see the quick thread til after I posted. Sorry.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No big deal, hun! :) And anyway, I'm pretty sure that it is glitched where you can't rematch him, but you can still get the item. Should be the D-Disk, so if it's not in your bag, go back to the room he was in and check. I think it's a sparkly spot and not in a box, so yeah. Should be on a table.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
There are these Pokemon that sparkle when they get out of their Pokeball then shoots some kind of star above it and then the star explodes. I have encountered them in some Random Match-up battles and I was surprised to encounter them, What are they? They seem special just like N's Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If they had a different color than they normally do, then they are shiny Pokemon. :)

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
There are these Pokemon that sparkle when they get out of their Pokeball then shoots some kind of star above it and then the star explodes. I have encountered them in some Random Match-up battles and I was surprised to encounter them, What are they? They seem special just like N's Pokemon.

but they sparkle differently from a shinies. If they are, in fact, shinies, why are they so different with their sparkle?

I know what this is, if you use one of your own Pokemon in a Pokestar Studios Movie, and get a good ending, then it will have that sparkle.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I might be the most un-accomplished person on this forum.

Am I noob at pokémon? I wouldn't say so. I could list tons and tons of pokémon, from first generation to last, I have excellent strategies, and everything typically works out for me in the games... at least story-wise.
I have probably the worst luck with legendaries ever.

The problem is that I have a lack of dedication with the games. I can't work hard enough or stay dedicated long enough to do any of the following:

-Build my dream team
-Find a shiny
-Get a pokémon to Lv. 100
-Catch every legendary of a region
-or fill out a region dex.

In fact, I think I've only ever beaten the elite four and champion all on my own once.

Any tips or tricks? Trust me, I want to do all of the above but...

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
To get a pokemon at lv 100 is easy if you do a solo run. My luxray was in the lv 80s after I did a solo ru, with it in platinum. A shiny is luck based in my opinion. For the rest I don't have any tips besides have a lot of patience and dedication.

Years
I have found and captured a shiny Deino in the wild in my black, but, when it comes to ruby, I'm the most unaccomplished guy in existence. Listen to this; After I got my master ball, I wasted it on what I think was a Koffing and ended up killing Groudon. Then, by elite four time, because of my lack of groudon, blaziken ended up as a lvl 93 before I FINALLY beat the game. PM me anyone who thinks I am the most unaccomplished guy in existence with ruby.

Last edited:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I feel ya. I'm kind of the same way. I pretty much just play the games for the story, I could care less about the competitive aspects of the game. I can normally beat the elite 4 in about 15 hours average on the games, but after that I'm done. Eventually I'll restart and play it over again but the last time I got a pokemon to level 100 was when the original Silver version came out and back then the only pokemon I would ever level to 100 were Pikachu's.

Only time I managed a level 100 team was on those online pokemon MMOs by indie developers, but that still took a ridiculous amount of time since all I wanted to do was chat with people.....Ok fine.....I payed people to level my pokemon up, but they were still mine!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
Ok fine.....I payed people to level my pokemon up, but they were still mine!!

By name their yours, but in essence they are truly part of whoever trained them. Lol.

That being said, I've been having completion issues as well. Tbh, just tell yourself that if you won't do it, no one else will and you'll be missing out on those accomplishments. All those things are just dedication issues, which can be fixed with your own resolve.

Just gotta pick up your game and do it.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
If it's a motivation issue then I think I have the perfect solution.
Get together with a bunch of friends and sing Army running cadences! :D

Cadence Caller: "When my left foot hits the ground. All I wanna hear is that WHAT sound!"
Everyone: "WHAT!"
CC: " 1 level, motivated."
CC: "2 levels, dedicated."
CC: "3 levels, never quit!"
CC: "4 levels, not feelin' it"

Then when you get up to the 90s.

"When my Pikachu was 91, she did training just for fun.
When My Pikachu was'a 92, she did training better than you.
When my Pikachu was'a 93, she did training better than me.
When my Pikachu was'a 94, she did training more and more
When my Pikachu was'a 95, she did training just to stay alive"

Your welcome.

Last edited:

tnfsf11

Hey y'all, I don't know if this question is against the rules or not but I'll ask anyway...
Does someone know a website/page where I can find players of gen 3 games who are willing to give me their IP addresses so I can battle/trade with them using VBA?
If this question isn't legit just delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back