• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Mega Kangaskhan has been revealed by Masuda himself.

Spoiler:

It's baby comes out it's pouch! I'm so happy for this one cause I've always sort wanted something like this.
It's ability, Parental Bond, allows it too hit twice once as the kid and second as the adult I'm assuming.
Hopefully, this kills off the idea of a Kangaskhan pre-evo, as well as the idea of giving Pokémon with BST 465+ another evolution thanks to the existence of Mega Evolutions.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Mega Kangaskhan has been revealed by Masuda himself.

Spoiler:

It's baby comes out it's pouch! I'm so happy for this one cause I've always sort wanted something like this.
It's ability, Parental Bond, allows it too hit twice once as the kid and second as the adult I'm assuming.
This is actually really cute and badass at the same time, although it doesn't really 'feel' like a real mega evolution considering it's just a Kangaskhan with it's baby out of it's pouch.

Plus, the Parental Bond ability sounds like it could be quite OP.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I REALLY love the idea of mega evolution after they created Mega Kangaskhan because it doesn't just seem like an evolution type it's kind of like the pokemon's strength and natural attacking methods are heightened ( in kangaskhan using the baby to fight )

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Mega kanghasan confirmed!

Quote from serebii:

Edit @ 17:14: During the VGC Opening Ceremony, Junichi Masuda revealed a new Mega Pokémon, Mega Kangaskhan. It has the ability Parental Bond that allows its attacks to hit twice in one turn. We'll have pictures and details as soon as possible. Picture thanks to @pklug on Twitter

megakangaskhanth.jpg

This has just been confirmed today. I think it's pretty cool and a great idea. Sorry if this should go elsewhere.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
But... but the Kangaskhan is just a normal one with a larger baby?...

So how is it a Mega-Evolution. What a let down. It's appearance looks pretty identical to normal.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
But... but the Kangaskhan is just a normal one with a larger baby?...

So how is it a Mega-Evolution. What a let down. It's appearance looks pretty identical to normal.

It's the Kanga Baby that Mega Evolved

And the baby's appearance is very different, it looks older, has large eyes with visible sclera and red irises (whilst normal kanga baby had single black eyes) It has a wider mouth, and its belly is more intricate with rock like formations, compared to normal kanga baby's flat plain belly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

And the baby's appearance is very different, it looks older, has large eyes with visible sclera and red irises (whilst normal kanga baby had single black eyes) It has a wider mouth, and its belly is more intricate with rock like formations, compared to normal kanga baby's flat plain belly.

It's an extremely odd concept, either way, that this now effects the baby kangaskhan (which, really, was just a design-addition rather than useful).

Can we expect a Slowbro/King mega-forme where the shelder evolves instead?

EDIT:// Actually. That would be awesome. A slowbro with a huge angry tail.

Years

what gonna be really weird is fact that every time we gonna see the baby kanga growning up and than going back to a baby...

Years
Nope, the bird is also carrying a pokemon that is unsealed and the one on the bottom right is a face. Look closer.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I like that it's not much different, since these technicaly aren't evolutions but enhanced forms. You are right though, with something like work up, it's increased stats and ability, he could use hyper beam and take you down in one shot.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
MegaKangaskhan is a good idea..Kangaskhan Itself Is Pretty Legit And Definitely deserves a Evolution So Mega Forms are good...My only Problem With this is the Design..You Look at MegaMawille MegaBlaziken MegaMewtwo And they are simply Bad-ass But kangaskhan dosen't really change Its Pretty Cool That The baby Kangaskhan Can fight though..
The Kid Grew Up :D

Back