• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
this is more of an I-haven't-been-keeping-up post but a while back someone was working on a program that lets you change where you start so you don't have to do the scripts concerning the truck in RSE.. Did this ever get finished? it might have been mew3 working on it but I dont remember

there's a program called SMEA
it's in the download's section in scizz's tools site thing
it changes where you start but i don't know if it deletes the truck scene
though there's a picture of the truck map with a big X over it so maybe it does

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
when i used advance map to change my town name it just says alot of numbers like Bank Num Bank Header stuff like that since i dont have enough post i cant show a picture so please try and understand me

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
when i used advance map to change my town name it just says alot of numbers like Bank Num Bank Header stuff like that since i dont have enough post i cant show a picture so please try and understand me

I suggest using EliteMap, for editting Town names, if you are using a Ruby or Sapphire Rom, because it is easier..

If not, reply here, and then give me a few seconds, and I'll look at AdvanceMap, and tell you your problem.

:)

Prof.Redwood

Researcher
Years
there's a program called SMEA
it's in the download's section in scizz's tools site thing
it changes where you start but i don't know if it deletes the truck scene
though there's a picture of the truck map with a big X over it so maybe it does

thanks alot for the help :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
When i use elite map its all crap i cant see any thing just one compleate blur on the picture of the maps

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2007
Another question. your information helped me out quite alot. I made some maps but I don't exactly know what a "Warp" is. Could you explain it to me please. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Hi am a new pkmn hacker, and i have searched the forums for the questions i have asked, and i have had no luck finding the answers. If these have been answered i am sorry.

These are my questions:
(Ruby Hack)
(sorry if this gets long)

1.I cahnged where the moving truck is and i want to change where the hero spawns outside of it, so i am not jumping at some random part of the map.

1b.Is there a way where i can change the direction they walk to there house, because they just walk over all of my scenery and it looks bad.

2. In the beginning, right before you get your first pokemon, they make you walk on a certain path, can i change this path to my own path and if i need to add more points to it if that is how it works?

Mewten1

A Wanna Be Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2007
More Help Please

Alright everyone yet again I need some help again. :nervous: . I want to know how you can change the pokédex entry for a pokémon. Not the name or the hight. But the entry itself. ex. "TREEKO uses it claws to attack foes. This pokémon is very shy." The part that tells about the pokémon. I would appriciate the help. Thanks again in advance. Oh and thanks Blazichu for the help earlier.

P.S. My example Dex entry isn't a real entry I just thought it up to use as an example to better define my question.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Mewten1 said:
Alright everyone yet again I need some help again. :nervous: . I want to know how you can change the pokédex entry for a pokémon. Not the name or the hight. But the entry itself. ex. "TREEKO uses it claws to attack foes. This pokémon is very shy." The part that tells about the pokémon. I would appriciate the help. Thanks again in advance. Oh and thanks Blazichu for the help earlier.

P.S. My example Dex entry isn't a real entry I just thought it up to use as an example to better define my question.

Well basically it is just text, so you can use the search function in A-Text to find it, then you just write it to the ini and then you can edit the text.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
Still ain't workin`. Help appreciated. (`_`;)

if you're working with firered or leafgreen then it's because the pokeroms.ini doesn't state where the program should look for what you're trying to edit
so at the moment it isn't compatible
if it's ruby, sapphire or emerald then i don't know ^^;

~~~

Q//

nopokeballs.png

in elite map i put pokeballs over the counter
but it seems the top layer is overlapping the balls
i unchecked the tile behavior data that says "top overlaps player" but it still overlaps
can anyone help me solve this problem?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
No, no, you got it all wrong.
Don't move the Inis into the Folder with the hack.
Put the inis in the Folder with N-E-A.

If that still doesn't work, you can use POKEMON AMPLIFIER to edit Pokemon Names too.

Ok, now i have AMPLIFIER, but if I load my ROM, I can´t change things. It is like i didn´t open anything. (no errors, just NOTHING)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
if you're working with firered or leafgreen then it's because the pokeroms.ini doesn't state where the program should look for what you're trying to edit
so at the moment it isn't compatible
if it's ruby, sapphire or emerald then i don't know ^^;

~~~

Q//

nopokeballs.png

in elite map i put pokeballs over the counter
but it seems the top layer is overlapping the balls
i unchecked the tile behavior data that says "top overlaps player" but it still overlaps
can anyone help me solve this problem?

Try making a new block, the same as this one, with no top layer, just bottom and it should be fine.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
Questions
1. Where do i find the maps i made in the Advance Map Program
2. How do i add a warp
3. How do i add trainers the when close enough they walk to you

thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Questions
1. Where do i find the maps i made in the Advance Map Program
2. How do i add a warp
3. How do i add trainers the when close enough they walk to you

thanks in advance

1. Open the map you edited.

2. In Events View, change the number of the warps and select "Change events".

3. Click on an event and change the "View Range". Put a number for the number of the tiles they can walk to you when they see you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2007
Ok its me again , what ive done so far

I first asked if there was a way to change the trainers pokemon and levels in gold

i got a reply on getting a hex editor

ive got hexecute rc7 for windows and im pretty puzzled with this code as ive just opened the rom up in it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
How do i find out what map number my new map is cause when i add warps i add bank 1 for the first lot of maps then i add map 5 and it takes me to the lab if i could just find out where all the maps hide i could finish this part off and start asking about trainers

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@slog, you need to get a table file for your rom, scizz has all the table files in this thread, just scroll down a bit, then use your hex editors toolbar until you find the option "load table" or something along those lines, and voila! your hex editor shows words!

@zi212 When you insert your new map (which i assume you're talking about) click on create new map bank, this way you can have a bank specifically for your own maps, then the map number should depend on the amount of maps in that bank, so if it's your first map in bank 34 it will be 34.0, usually the maps you insert go straight to the first set of maps in the first header, so you should find it there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back